The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

It appears most managers, players that are mentioned on here are not good enough or are dicks according to some fans on here. I wil say I would not be happy with Ray returning. The way he left us was shocking just when we looked like we were building something good. 

For me we should move for Ian Murray if we can. Kevin Thompson would be a good shout but we all know he will be off as soon as Hibs or someone similar come calling if he gets a little success with us. Scott Brown would also be short term as he will also be off after a season if he gets some success.

I'm not sure when it happened but there was a point in the past 20-25 years where there were always some decent managerial options kicking about, to now where most names linked to any job give all of us (Rovers, Pars, Ayr, whoever) the absolute fear.

Or is it perception nowadays? Am I looking at this through slightly nostalgic glasses? For example, when we appointed Calderwood I honestly thought Jimmy Nic should have been given the job permanently. He'd won all of his temp games in charge but I am sure there were some other decent names thrown around. 

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I know we need a manager first but would anyone take ally Roy the now released Queens striker at the rovers, done a decent in a poor Queens side and reckon he could be better with a decent team like us just a suggestion 

Shite. No thanks.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Not been mentioned here yet regarding Ray, so I’ll mention it. He had absolutely no interest in developing the young talent within the squad, indeed punting a promising, young Sean Mackie for £10k in order to fund the short term signing of Joel Thomas. Think of the successes we’ve had with our young players lately? Bowie and Tait sold for about £250k - with more to come for Bowie if he keeps going the way he is - plus Arnott and Young now in and around the first team. I worry that we’d go back to being all about the first time at the expense of a very fruitful youth set up. I think any new incumbent of the manager’s position will be made, by the board, to continue our fine work in this market. 

The new manager will also, of course, have to do his own scouting for youth players now that FEFA has disbanded. 

8 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

The new manager will also, of course, have to do his own scouting for youth players now that FEFA has disbanded. 

If it is Kevin Thomson hasn’t he got his own academy if I’m right in thinking? Maybe there could be a few there 

15 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If it is Kevin Thomson hasn’t he got his own academy if I’m right in thinking? Maybe there could be a few there 

I'm pretty sure his "academy" is just doing some one-to-one tuition with kids whose parents have got a couple of quid. I can't imagine he's producing Championship quality footballers. 

34 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I'm pretty sure his "academy" is just doing some one-to-one tuition with kids whose parents have got a couple of quid. I can't imagine he's producing Championship quality footballers. 

Aw, I thought it was an academy similar to Fife elite never knew it was that type of academy 

44 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

One article in the papers and all of a sudden, 2 pages of Snake chat? No thanks.

I think it's more of a reflection of the reality of the calibre of manager we will end up with that he's even being considered. 

16 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

No thanks to Kevin Thomson. Really don't want a manager sending out tweets about how great Rangers are.

Can't be as bad as the Gary Locke Hearts fest at Starks Park. 

I’d like the club to stipulate to a potential new manager that they need to give the old ‘I’m only concentrating on this club’ when asked about former clubs. It really sticks in my craw when I see current players/managers commentating on ex teams.

18 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’d like the club to stipulate to a potential new manager that they need to give the old ‘I’m only concentrating on this club’ when asked about former clubs. It really sticks in my craw when I see current players/managers commentating on ex teams.

Thank f**k Gordon Ramsey is currently employed.

3 hours ago, raith1974 said:

It appears most managers, players that are mentioned on here are not good enough or are dicks according to some fans on here. I wil say I would not be happy with Ray returning. The way he left us was shocking just when we looked like we were building something good. 

For me we should move for Ian Murray if we can. Kevin Thompson would be a good shout but we all know he will be off as soon as Hibs or someone similar come calling if he gets a little success with us. Scott Brown would also be short term as he will also be off after a season if he gets some success.

Not a chance hibs would come calling for Thomson if he done well. He’s hated by the majority of hibs support. Ian Murray would be different though. He didn’t leave under such a cloud. 

42 minutes ago, Sauzee04 said:

Not a chance hibs would come calling for Thomson if he done well. He’s hated by the majority of hibs support. Ian Murray would be different though. He didn’t leave under such a cloud. 

Ian Murray has had 1 good season at Airdrie. Sacked at St mirren after winning 2 games at championship level. Jack Ross was the brains behind his job at Dumbarton. A massive no for me. 

7 hours ago, GazH6 said:

Ian Murray has had 1 good season at Airdrie. Sacked at St mirren after winning 2 games at championship level. Jack Ross was the brains behind his job at Dumbarton. A massive no for me. 

They were in the top 3 behind us and Falkirk 2 seasons ago and then 2nd last season behind Partick. 

A Dumbarton fan will know better than me but I'm sure Ross was also the assistant to the manager before Murray who couldn't buy a win. 

For me Murray is the best candidate out there and if Airdrie get knocked out the play offs today we should be on the phone to him tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

They were in the top 3 behind us and Falkirk 2 seasons ago and then 2nd last season behind Partick. 

A Dumbarton fan will know better than me but I'm sure Ross was also the assistant to the manager before Murray who couldn't buy a win. 

For me Murray is the best candidate out there and if Airdrie get knocked out the play offs today we should be on the phone to him tomorrow. 

I think him having struggles in the past will have made him a far better manager now than some big name like Berra, brown etc. he is on an up at the moment, experience but still quite a youngish manager, played at big clubs so handled pressure and comes across well. I hope he is in our thoughts for the job 

Edited by Been going too long