The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

and folk on here didn’t want matej back🤦🏻‍♂️ Apparently Swansea looked at signing him in the summer of the internet is to be believed, Murray saw him first hand so he must have done something right! Please! Hopefully 🤦🏻‍♂️

McBride doesn't play the same position as Poplatnik. 

9 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

and folk on here didn’t want matej back🤦🏻‍♂️ Apparently Swansea looked at signing him in the summer of the internet is to be believed, Murray saw him first hand so he must have done something right! Please! Hopefully 🤦🏻‍♂️

Poplatnik is playing Slovenian lower league football tbh, in a market where all of Scotland are desperate for strikers.  That is telling.

He also plays an entirely different position.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Going by the reviews, might be a better fit for him than professional football

Quick, someone look out the Kevin Nisbet reviews when he signed for us.

Happy to trust IM but I'll admit I've never heard of the guy. Hoping we recognise the striker when he strives.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Quick, someone look out the Kevin Nisbet reviews when he signed for us.

Happy to trust IM but I'll admit I've never heard of the guy. Hoping we recognise the striker when he strives.

You think there will be another signing? 

Point taken on Nisbet, and he won't be starting games anyway at the moment. It's a straight swap for Zanatta. Even if he is totally ineffective, he won't be any worse for us.

Players improve but whilst he had the odd flash of "something" he was pretty poor during his loan spell at us in League 2. His dad is quite busy within football with a lot of contacts, Mowbary being one so that is how the Blackburn move came about, was a head scratcher after his spell with us. By all accounts though he done ok in their U23 side.

QP fans maybe best placed to comment now but I doubt he will make much of an impact at championship level and will be looking for a new club next summer. Good luck to him though.

Connor Mcbride is an atrocious footballer in every sense. Isn’t quick, can’t beat a man, doesn’t score, rotten at linking the play. You can accept players maybe not living up to the expectations when you sign someone but my goodness it looked like he was plucked from some 10th division amateur side. Once Coyle joined, he was thankfully rarely seen on the pitch. 

Fair enough if you need a striker but for Murray to think Connor Mcbride is going to add anything is pretty desperate stuff 

Can’t wait for him to inevitably score the winner against us soon 

39 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Don’t know anything about him but Murray obviously does from last season, hopefully he is another good player from league 1 🤷🏻‍♂️🤞🏻 At least it ain’t Dorrans  😂😂

Falkirk forum not impressed by him, BPM reports:

“His Dad is an agent and the lad has had a few clubs for someone so young. 
Not really seen him TBH. Don’t think he played against us, certainly didn’t start. “

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Falkirk forum not impressed by him, BPM reports:

“His Dad is an agent and the lad has had a few clubs for someone so young. 
Not really seen him TBH. Don’t think he played against us, certainly didn’t start. “

I know nothing about him Tx, hopefully Murray can get him going and you would imagine with him being a free agent that he has been training with us this week🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

So we are crying out for a striker and cover at the back and we sign a winger, and by all accounts not a very good winger although I'm happy to judge for myself once he gets on the pitch.

Now where the f**k is the striker.

Laddie’s almost never played winger, always middle of the park…just saying.

McBride isn't very good. He will struggle to do anything at Championship level. Couldn't get a game for us in league two, couldn't get a game for QP in league one. That under 23 league down south is absolute toffee so wouldn't read much into that.

His dad is an agent and pretty commonly known locally has got him in the door at Blackburn and Celtic before that. It certainly wasn't his ability.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong and wish him well but realistically can't see how he's going to make an impact above the levels he's failed before.

Edited by Neilly