The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Makes sense he’s been out for about a year with a bad knee injury however has now returned to training  , Good player likes

Hes not even featured on our bench and isn't long back training, I'd be amazed if we decide to loan him out considering our season looks set to peter out into a bottom half finish but safe from relegation situation pretty quickly.

35 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Did Paul McManus not leak back on the day and he ended up signing for east fife or am I misremembering?

In a way. He agreed a deal,  then the registration didn't get administered correctly.  Somehow Wullie Gray got wind of this, and came in with an offer which was seemingly more attractive than ours. McManus decided to jump ship. We then proceeded to win the league two seasons later, taking 10 points from East Fife and Wullie "it'll be the best day of my life when we walk into Starks and give them a doing" Gray. McManus never played higher than league 1 and we ended up at Hampden in the Scottish Cup. 

Watched the pre match Motherwell Murray interview. Got to say I think he came across really well.

I can see the battling and technically good side he’s starting to get click. 

As a supporter of a team like Raith I’m happy with the moments of excitement this team are giving. 

Should be a buzz tomorrow if the team are at it. Feel our fans up for this tomorrow. 

Oh no no no 

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Watched the pre match Motherwell Murray interview. Got to say I think he came across really well.

I can see the battling and technically good side he’s starting to get click. 

As a supporter of a team like Raith I’m happy with the moments of excitement this team are giving. 

Should be a buzz tomorrow if the team are at it. Feel our fans up for this tomorrow. 

Oh no no no 

Maybe don't do that, specifically.  😁

Edited by CountryBumpkin

12 hours ago, grumswall said:

Looks like a bit of a windup on twitter from what I can tell. Would be happy with him signing though. 

11 hours ago, RaithRyan said:

egardless would be happy with either him or Kane. 

Stock up on the "just for men" now to cover those Grays that are on their way. One of, if not THE, the most stressful players to watch in all my time following Livi

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Stock up on the "just for men" now to cover those Grays that are on their way. One of, if not THE, the most stressful players to watch in all my time following Livi

I’ve seen players described as annoying, difficult, frustrating and downright pish before, but I don’t think I have ever seen a player described as stressful. This is got to see. 

18 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

If anyone is travelling by train from Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy and back, there is a reduced service due to rail works.

Check the times of the trains that are running folks.

I fucking hate Scotrail.

Hahahaha no chance you've signed Esma. He's been terrible for us, he was booed onto the park when coming on as a sub. Genuinely astounded we've found someone to take him, albeit on loan

Edited by ATLIS

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Hahahaha no chance you've signed Esma. He's been terrible for us, he was booed onto the park when coming on as a sub. Genuinely astounded we've found someone to take him, albeit on loan

That says more about livi fans than him tbh. 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Booed onto the park, you're a classy bunch of fans, aren't you. All 12 of you.

Just now, grumswall said:

That says more about livi fans than him tbh. 

Not particularly, he had plenty of chances to prove himself and only has himself to blame for it. He got sent off in one of his first games for us for kicking someone off the ball. He's been totally lazy and uninterested any time he plays to the point the fans had given up on him. 

He comes on as a sub, refuses to press or run in general and is greedy when he does get the ball. An absolute passenger of a player. 

In terms of quality, he's very slow, decent on the ball and apparently can finish but is never in a position to do so. Maybe will be better a league down but he was woefully out of depth even as a sub for us. His attitude seemed to be to just chuck it at the first sign of hard work.

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Booed onto the park, you're a classy bunch of fans, aren't you. All 12 of you.

Read above, he's had plenty of chances but attitude issues and lack of effort completely drove the support against him. If he comes on as a sub, you know what you're going to get, and it's f**k all