The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Raith_Rasta said:

So you secretly hoping he’s a total flop so you can be right and smug 😅😅

Win-win for me. Either he’s shite and I can be right/smug, or he does well, gets fit and comes back to us a better player.

Only one of those is a realistic scenario I’m afraid to say.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Bit of a concern Gullan didn't even last an hour 

Meh, not really. He’s been hooked consistently in the 60-70’ range to “manage” his leg, and now he’s coming back off a twinge last weekend, I like it.

45 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Please please not ICT in the quarter finals, we ain't going to win the cup but either Darvel / Falkirk / Ayr at home for a chance to get to Hampden or one of the arse cheeks away for the cash

Falkirk would be delicious…Ayr and Darvel not so much…especially from the crowd aspect.

Draw is Monday at 5:30. Assuming all four televised, we’ll likely be punted to Friday or Monday night…unless Celtic draw Rangers, eh, or St Mirren or Partick surprise.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

This last week has been fookin tremendous 😁

Absolutely this. Every game has been superb in its own way. 

The team, and Murray and his staff, have put in a helluva performance over the last week and deserve every bit of praise going. 

Feels great to be a Rovers fan right now. 

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Please please not ICT in the quarter finals, we ain't going to win the cup but either Darvel / Falkirk / Ayr at home for a chance to get to Hampden or one of the arse cheeks away for the cash

Quite fancy Hearts away. Still get a decent pay out and a great day out. 

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Meh, not really. He’s been hooked consistently in the 60-70’ range to “manage” his leg, and now he’s coming back off a twinge last weekend, I like it.

Yeah and he wasn't happy at being taken off so it wasn't because of any fitness problem. 

14 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

image.jpeg.6ba7c490ba14c7e5ab9edeb5eb96ed02.jpegWhat a performance, what a week, can’t believe I’m posting this but I’m converted. Forgive me Ian and rovers don’t answer the phone to Motherwell on Monday please😉

Yeah, all you naysayers look a bit silly at the moment :whistle

19 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah and he wasn't happy at being taken off so it wasn't because of any fitness problem. 

I think it was fitness, his thigh was heavily strapped up, as was Langs. take him off, give him time to recover. He played well in the first half too. 

Great performance overall, not a bad one out there. Brown man of the match for me, his tracking and cutting off Motherwells midfield was excellent throughout. Not sure what he has to do to get the fans man of the match, I assume its to score because thats who everyone seems to vote for, regardless?

From the view from the main stand, it definitely looked more than the 4400-ish announced. 

Aye, have to say that Brown would be MoM, with Nolan second. Brown is far more than just a tenacious tackler. Great engine on him and some really intelligent passing today. Nolan was the better of the two CBs today - and that's  no slight on Lang - but he managed his marker really well and has come on a lot in the last little while actually.

1 hour ago, hoobahabba said:

Win-win for me. Either he’s shite and I can be right/smug, or he does well, gets fit and comes back to us a better player.

Only one of those is a realistic scenario I’m afraid to say.

Just seen you’re a livi guy sorrry thought you where a Rovers gimp.

no hard feelings bro 

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Not particularly, he had plenty of chances to prove himself and only has himself to blame for it. He got sent off in one of his first games for us for kicking someone off the ball. He's been totally lazy and uninterested any time he plays to the point the fans had given up on him. 

He comes on as a sub, refuses to press or run in general and is greedy when he does get the ball. An absolute passenger of a player. 

In terms of quality, he's very slow, decent on the ball and apparently can finish but is never in a position to do so. Maybe will be better a league down but he was woefully out of depth even as a sub for us. His attitude seemed to be to just chuck it at the first sign of hard work.

Oh well at least Livi have a striker in the 1/4 finals. Haha silly c**t