The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Preferable to Celtic at Parkhead, where we're lose 7-0 or something. Big payday. 

But, yeah, that's not a pleasing tie. So, so, jealous of that Falkirk/Darvel/Ayr tie. An absolute gift that one. 

True but fills a DG hole in our finances and you never know thistle done well yesterday ( I know highly unlikely)

I can fully understand the romance of the cup but from a financial point of view the club will be celebrating. Yes we could have drawn an ICT, Falkirk or Ayr but there is nothing to guarantee a victory especially away from home. This way we get a share of a 40k attendance, quarter final money and some TV cash. You never know we have nothing to lose, Partick gave them a game and anything could happen. Surely VAR wouldn't get a Duncan Ferguson headbutt so wrong.

Now that I've had time to think about it, it's not so bad. We'll be, what, 15 or 16 games unbeaten by then and it's a full two weeks before the Challenge cup final so even if they manage to take us the full 120 we will still have plenty of time to recover before the final. 

30 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

True but fills a DG hole in our finances and you never know thistle done well yesterday ( I know highly unlikely)

We should be making a profit now, certainly. There is indeed a chance, albeit a very small one. The club will be very happy with the draw that's for sure. 

But when the QF draw has 4 non-Premiership teams, it feels like a kick in the balls drawing Rangers. 

Edited by Michael W

Rangers away is a grim day out. Not as bad as when all the local old firm fans come out the woodwork and end up in the home end at starks park.

Still let's take the money and use it to get spme ckntracts renewed before the vultures start circling., We've had great day out on Saturday and have the challenge cup final to look forward to. 

Edited by pub car king

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

This. Three balls left and we just needed to avoid being picked for a cracking, winnable tie. Gutting.

Sure it’s a crowd and TV payday but realistically we’d have to perform out of our skins to win. Just hope that we can take a decent away crowd like Partick. The team deserve it. 

The team absolutely deserve this, we HAVE to be there in numbers. I’m gutted about the tie as every team outside of the OF was a winnable tie. That’s my opinion obviously 

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

Well we did win our last Scottish Cup match at Ibrox 

We did and it could have been worse - Inverness away or Celtic away.

I haven’t been to Ibrox since Scotland played Sweden there in 1996. I’m probably due a visit but from what I’ve seen on the TV, they stick you in that shitey bit by the corner flag.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I haven’t been to Ibrox since Scotland played Sweden there in 1996. I’m probably due a visit but from what I’ve seen on the TV, they stick you in that shitey bit by the corner flag.

Don't think I've been there since the cup final. 

This seems as good a time as any to go back. 

12 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The team absolutely deserve this, we HAVE to be there in numbers.

I hope so. The win last time was amazing but sadly there were only a handful of us there to see it. Yeah it’s Rangers, their support are grim, but would love to see a packed Rovers section backing the team and the young team leading the singing. 

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s not as bad as it looks on TV, I seem to remember having a good view of Conroy and Nade’s goals on my last visit! 

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I hope so. The win last time was amazing but sadly there were only a handful of us there to see it. Yeah it’s Rangers, their support are grim, but would love to see a packed Rovers section backing the team and the young team leading the singing. 

I’m trying to talk the wife into going. The young team are a very welcome addition. A massive game and we should go in with our heads held high. Bring it on. 

19 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

It’s not as bad as it looks on TV, I seem to remember having a good view of Conroy and Nade’s goals on my last visit! 

At least you don’t have Rangers fans  above you in the Broomloan Stand anymore. Must be a bit more of a challenge for them to hit you with assorted coins and liquids now?