The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, sinkorswim said:

Could he be down playing any investment, that contract talks are about to start with existing players. He did touch on previous contracts not being in the clubs best interest.

Could he be doing the same with down playing next seasons recruitment, again to get best contract deals for the club.

Smart, Penman, Mckenzie, McGregor, Kilgour, Barrowman the group Iv heard. 

Can someone shed some light on who these people are. Colin Smart, Alex Penman, McKenzie is that the solicitor. I'm assuming Willie McGregor, Kilgour? Is he the grain Kilgour or care home Kilgour and Barrowmam is that retired footballer Andy Barrowman.

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Can someone shed some light on who these people are. Colin Smart, Alex Penman, McKenzie is that the solicitor. I'm assuming Willie McGregor, Kilgour? Is he the grain Kilgour or care home Kilgour and Barrowmam is that retired footballer Andy Barrowman.

It could be Dean McKenzie kelty hearts /conservatory convertor owner , I’m sure Barrowman is Keltys director of football also  

Would be pleasantly surprised if all the names mentioned were correct but I just can’t see it. Could certainly see a couple being correct but not all.

Can’t see a few of those mentioned being happy with just a seat on the board but no real power and ultimately still answering to Sim. Feel like they would need a stake in the club and an element of control but the interview suggested no huge investment and certainly seemed like Sim would retain his current level of shareholding in the club.

I suppose there is the possibility it would be used as a foot in the door to assess the club from the inside with a potential to invest and take a larger stake in the club further down the road.

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Would be pleasantly surprised if all the names mentioned were correct but I just can’t see it. Could certainly see a couple being correct but not all.

Can’t see a few of those mentioned being happy with just a seat on the board but no real power and ultimately still answering to Sim. Feel like they would need a stake in the club and an element of control but the interview suggested no huge investment and certainly seemed like Sim would retain his current level of shareholding in the club.

I suppose there is the possibility it would be used as a foot in the door to assess the club from the inside with a potential to invest and take a larger stake in the club further down the road.

Which names do you doubt?

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

There is a resolution on the table for the AGM, which allows the board to give people shares as recompense in place of monies. 
That could be the avenue used to shift the power from Sim to others.

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Which names do you doubt?

Penman was the main one. The rest individually aren’t too surprising but I’d be surprised if they were all involved together at once. Given the rumours the two from Kelty seem likely, particularly thought one of the people Sim described sounded like Barrowman. Likewise, from one of his descriptions I wouldn’t be surprised if the younger person joining the board was either Graeme or Ruaridh Kilgour.

I’ve got no inside info though so hope I am wrong and all the names are correct as they would certainly have the finance and expertise to make a real difference.

Edited by R.R.FC

Another game closer to the end of the season.  Hopefully the planning for next season can ramp up now.  If it was a blank canvas regarding contracts, I'd only be 100% keeping Mcdonald, Millen, Brown, Stanton and Connolly.  Few others would be nice to have, but generally we need to do better if we are to progress.  

Obviously the contract situation is very different.  

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Another game closer to the end of the season.  Hopefully the planning for next season can ramp up now.  If it was a blank canvas regarding contracts, I'd only be 100% keeping Mcdonald, Millen, Brown, Stanton and Connolly.  Few others would be nice to have, but generally we need to do better if we are to progress.  

Agree with that,  but I suspect that for some areas even if we want better our current custodians will probably have a limit. My hope is that Murray has an eye on a few gems from league 1 and league 2 who we might be able to poach if they've been under contract. 

Looking like the Cove game will be my last game of the season, just can't get any enthusiasm the attend any of the remaining 5 fixtures, transition season (hopefully) and potentially new investment coming in, roll on August when hope springs again. That said next seasons championship will be a lot tougher than this one.

Thank goodness we already have the points on the board, because with our injury situation at the moment it's conceivable we could lose every game we have left. We might have more goalkeepers than outfield players on the bench on Tuesday :lol:

41 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I’d keep Lang but have someone experienced next to him 

Looks like we will be struggling to field a defence against Dundee  but when you look at the squad then Murray has to take some of the blame. We have virtually no cover I'm defence yet have numerous number 10s who are all very similar and lightweight. No balance to the squad and just like our first game against Cove back in August here we are still playing players out of position. This maybe okay for a 1st div club but in a very competitive Championship we need players playing in their position with back up available.