The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Lost £100,000 in year ending May 2022…profit in previous two years.

2 x Celtic at Parkhead. Both televised. 

Televised game v Aberdeen in the League Cup. 

Sale of Dylan Tait for £100k. 

Still fucking lost money. Sim must be livid with the clowns that budgeted that and authorised McGlynn's spending!

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Still fucking lost money. Sim must be livid with the clowns that budgeted that and authorised McGlynn's spending!

I suspect there is a pretty “good” hole that a bunch of that cash got shoveled into…I just wonder if they didn’t find a way to slide the lose on the buyout into that fiscal year too, despite being paid the next fiscal year.

Reading between the lines in sims interview he said there was an investor pack completed but it’s not gonna be a cash injection is more of restructuring of the board/around the club, and he says they’ve got limited money or along those lines, so basically we’re still gonna have 1 of the smallest budgets in the league and get left with the shite that other teams don’t want

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He was very emphatic on the point that older player with families cost more and we need to be using younger, hungrier players.

Look at the roster and tell me who you think of as older players with families?

I think the point was more of who we’ll be looking at in terms of new recruitment, who we recruit (and crucially) how we recruit. Now it’s possible all of those you mentioned will leave, more possible one or two of them do, but I doubt even John Sim on a bad day would object to us offering a new contract to Jamie MacDonald.

I also doubt we’ll just automatically offer contacts to our out of contract younger players just because they are young, even if they clearly aren’t up to it.

Edited by Enigma

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Have Hibs paid the full whack for Tait or was the fee less, but with add ins based on him actually playing games for them ?

Quite astounding the negativity that gets posted on here by some.

The owner has just said they are bringing in more expertise to run the club better. As a supporter who isn’t in the know, it appears to me that this is a significant step forward for the club. From my perspective, our commercial stuff seems miles off in nearly every area compared to teams recently promoted and the Keatings and other fiascos also suggest that side was mismanaged too.

As for the money side, Sim isn’t going to hype that up too much until it is done. It could well be the case that these people are all bringing some level of money in as well as their expertise, and the collective amount is a level of investment is far beyond what we’ve had in recent years rather than one big money individual. I’ll admit there is a fair bit of optimism in that statement but I’m not nitpicking everything Sim says for doom and gloom when he has clearly called RaithTV for an interview to communicate something positive (as was alluded to at the very start).

Fair play to Sim for yet again coming on camera and being willing to talk. Looking around other clubs, I don’t see many other owners willing to do the same. He isn’t perfect but he does seem like he cares.

7 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

If you think this is bad then you should check the comments on the official Facebook page when we lose a goal. Sometimes when I’m having a bad day at work or the kids are annoying me at home I scroll back through them just to help me realise what I’m going through isn’t that bad after all!

16 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Reading between the lines in sims interview he said there was an investor pack completed but it’s not gonna be a cash injection is more of restructuring of the board/around the club, and he says they’ve got limited money or along those lines, so basically we’re still gonna have 1 of the smallest budgets in the league and get left with the shite that other teams don’t want

Must have missed that part of the interview.

15 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

The owner has just said they are bringing in more expertise to run the club better. As a supporter who isn’t in the know, it appears to me that this is a significant step forward for the club. From my perspective, our commercial stuff seems miles off in nearly every area compared to teams recently promoted and the Keatings and other fiascos also suggest that side was mismanaged too.

As for the money side, Sim isn’t going to hype that up too much until it is done. It could well be the case that these people are all bringing some level of money in as well as their expertise, and the collective amount is a level of investment is far beyond what we’ve had in recent years rather than one big money individual. I’ll admit there is a fair bit of optimism in that statement but I’m not nitpicking everything Sim says for doom and gloom when he has clearly called RaithTV for an interview to communicate something positive (as was alluded to at the very start).

Fair play to Sim for yet again coming on camera and being willing to talk. Looking around other clubs, I don’t see many other owners willing to do the same. He isn’t perfect but he does seem like he cares.

To be honest, based on previous experience there's a reasonable likelihood that a lot of what he has said in this interview will never actually come to fruition. 

Interesting piece, clearly a lot of moving parts but a world away from the random Hong Kong consortium. That genuinely had me fearing the game was a bogey. 

Will it come to fruition..not sure but happy that there is a foundation to work from. Sim seemed more content and a little less cryptic in his answers. 

The negativity here is both astounding and beautiful,  football fans at our best. 

At no point did I think we would have a reduced budget in fact possibly the opposite. Folk don't come in and invest in changing rooms, hospitality and marketing while signing bairns who will be out their depth.

We can all point to failed signings and so can every club. Young players haven't exacly been a waste of time; Mathews, Vaughan, Tait, Hendy, O'reerdan, Bowie, Ross, Gullan show its hard work but possible to find gems. I prefer that to Keatings, Skacel, Stephenson etc

8 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Interesting piece, clearly a lot of moving parts but a world away from the random Hong Kong consortium. That genuinely had me fearing the game was a bogey. 

Will it come to fruition..not sure but happy that there is a foundation to work from. Sim seemed more content and a little less cryptic in his answers. 

The negativity here is both astounding and beautiful,  football fans at our best. 

At no point did I think we would have a reduced budget in fact possibly the opposite. Folk don't come in and invest in changing rooms, hospitality and marketing while signing bairns who will be out their depth.

We can all point to failed signings and so can every club. Young players haven't exacly been a waste of time; Mathews, Vaughan, Tait, Hendy, O'reerdan, Bowie, Ross, Gullan show its hard work but possible to find gems. I prefer that to Keatings, Skacel, Stephenson etc

Horribly optimistic, stop that right now. 

38 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He definitely looked ‘hungry’ the last time I saw him… 

Marv Andrew’s was only 22 when he came to Raith…was certainly hungrier then than recently…like most of us.