The New Raith Rovers Thread

It sounds like a bit like us, trying to get promoted with a squad needing paid with terrible crowds and poor investment as no one in the town cares about the club and would rather support 2 other clubs on the other side of the country.

57 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

All these folk rightly criticising Sim for the McCartney shambles yet somehow they think that he's suddenly capable of making the right decision when it comes to getting the village idiots from West Fife in. 

It's just one disaster after another with him and this will be no different. 

You’re coming across like you’ve purchased a really shoddy conservatory from them. 

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

What's your beef with Kelty?

Where do you want me to start?

The ridiculous and unsustainable money thrown at players to get out of the lowland league, and then league 2?

Or the business model which seemed to equate to hiring an ex Rangers player as manager to attract one half of the bigot brothers to hospitality?

Or the fact we're supposed to seriously believe that McKenzie, based on his above strategies, can actually add some impetus to a team at our level?

And of course, there's the notion that a total failure of a football manager and an ex Joma rep are somehow going to transform our football and commercial operations. And that's before you factor in that they're both ex Pars.

The whole thing is a recipe for disaster. These guys aren't chucking some spare cash at a joke junior outfit now, this is a completely different level and they'll be miles out of their depth. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Andrew Barrowman used to play for Dunfermline and therefore can't be a good Commercial Director. Do you realise how ridiculous you sound? 

No, that's just another reason to dislike him. 

It's the fact that a guy who essentially made a living selling football shirts has the qualification to do anything other than keep on signing new kit deals with Joma that I'm questioning. 

It sounds to me that McKenzie has only agreed to get involved on the condition he's able to provide jobs for the boys. 

13 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Andrew Barrowman used to play for Dunfermline and therefore can't be a good Commercial Director. Do you realise how ridiculous you sound? 

I put it to you Mr RATM, that self awareness is not a strength Mr RSB enjoys.

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The ridiculous and unsustainable money thrown at players to get out of the lowland league, and then league 2?

Or the business model which seemed to equate to hiring an ex Rangers player as manager to attract one half of the bigot brothers to hospitality?

Or the fact we're supposed to seriously believe that McKenzie, based on his above strategies, can actually add some impetus to a team at our level?

And of course, there's the notion that a total failure of a football manager and an ex Joma rep are somehow going to transform our football and commercial operations. And that's before you factor in that they're both ex Pars.

The whole thing is a recipe for disaster. These guys aren't chucking some spare cash at a joke junior outfit now, this is a completely different level and they'll be miles out of their depth. 

If its them, Silverbear or Sim cutting the club to the bone then they are the least bad option in the short term.

41 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

As opposed to the current brains trust?

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Wow...absolutely seething. I'm not sure where to start with this utter crap either.

We spent to get up & we spent to build an infrastructure. We won't go any further but we'll for sure be stable now given the foundations laid. That's down to Dean's great work.

Embrace the change Ro "Sham" Bo...you might find it refreshing.

Edited by leomessi1984

6 hours ago, South Stand Dynamo said:

Piece in The Courier stating that Ian Murray is “close to finalising a deal to sign an attacking midfielder”. Any ideas who this could be? 

A bit left field, in that he’s actually technically more a Central Mid, but perhaps Scott McGill? Almost certainly not the player in question here, but I’d be all for it.

On a related front, given the IM love for the 4-2-3-1, we need another DM to pair with Brown if Spencer doesn’t re-sign, because it wastes Stanton’s skills laying deep. Matthews might be able to cover it better than Stanton, but that’s the only Midfield hole I currently see. What’s IM’s obsession with Midfielders?

Ro Sham bo , You are basically rambling on hear say and your utter dislike of anything from west fife / Dunfermline persuasion . Barrowman sold football shirts more to that and you know fine well it is , MacKenzie is a successful businessman but aye he’s earned his money from else where , What about the other guys who are rovers  men no doubt you will have some thing to tarnish there reputation with aswell