The New Raith Rovers Thread

We begged for change and it’s happened / happening , These guys transformed Kelty and yes you can only go so far , We are a bigger club , bigger profile , Bigger stadium so why can’t these guys do with us like what they did with kelty but on a larger scale? There isn’t a Q of potential buyers out there so at least wait until we see the plan , But to say you would rather see Mike Delios takeover your off your head the boys a Walter Mitty character , John sim could have easily just sold the club and ran off in the sunset but he hasn’t because I believe he does have the best interests of the rovers at heart , Sim has done a lot of good at the club but tarnished this with one monumental bad decision but I believe this could be exciting times ahead with different people , different ideas 

14 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Is there literally nothing that you won't wet the bed over. How do you know how much money the guy has? You've literally not got a scooby-doo. 

Not enough to get Kelty above 8th in league 1, that I do know. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

43 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

What a shambles. Recruiting the 'brains' behind the team 8th in league 1.

Sim is an absolute idiot. 

Having been up to a few Kelty games my impression was they were punching above their weight on the commercial side, hospitality pushed, Kelty lotto heavily promoted etc.

Think the back office team behind this could be good for us.

Goes without saying Potter should be no where near the management job.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Do Raith have a youth development programme after FEFA went under?

Potter in particular but Barrowman as well have a record of bringing through decent young talent.

We've got a very small collection of modern apprentices, but they're basically an extension of the first team. There's no Reserve or Development side for them to play games in. They rely on bounce games or going out on loan. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Nothing at all. 

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

We've got a very small collection of modern apprentices, but they're basically an extension of the first team. There's no Reserve or Development side for them to play games in. They rely on bounce games or going out on loan. 

Makes the 2 of them coming in even odder, one or the other would make sense but both when you're not in the premier league. Odd.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Do Raith have a youth development programme after FEFA went under?

Potter in particular but Barrowman as well have a record of bringing through decent young talent.

The development stopped 4 years ago, I think it shaved about £120K off the budget.

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Murray has stated he wants a reserve team, potter overseeing an academy might be part of the master plan , if we manage to produce a player or two , sell them on maybe the Kelty guys get a big cut of it, be interesting to see how this develops 

Just now, 101 said:

Makes the 2 of them coming in even odder, one or the other would make sense but both when you're not in the premier league. Odd.

As I touched on above, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this coincides with a relaunch of some sort of development side. It's madness that we don't have one at the moment. The whole FEFA thing from the beginning seemed like a busted flush to me, I'm very surprised the Rovers agreed to go in on it. It was a time when we were skint, but there was a very clear hierarchy in that the Pars were lightyears ahead of us. Now, granted, that meant they put in the majority of the funding, but it also meant anyone half decent would choose to join them out of FEFA. In pure player terms, I think we actually did not bad, but I'm not convinced that would have continued, even if the Pars hadn't decided to jack it. Fundamentally, a shared academy system just doesn't seem like a good idea under any circumstance.

I don't imagine we'll be taking the leap into a multi-tiered, hugely funded academy programme, but if I was an investor coming in and I was looking to both (a) add value to the operation of the club and (b) convince other people that I had the best of intentions, relaunching a reserve or development side would be at the top of my list. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not enough to get Kelty above 8th in league 1, that I do know. 

And anyway, the pertinent question is where his money came from, because it certainly isn't conservatories. He's about as much of an honest businessman as Colin McGowan. 

Who really cares where any business mans money comes from. I'm sure all Man City and Newcastle fans sit every night wishing their owners would bugger off. I would say anyone that's taken a small junior side and got them into league 1 had been successful. Off field activities are bringing in some cash to them, they've made the stadium a hub for the community not just Kelty fans. Kids flock their to train and play. It appears we will have people with business and football brains running our club along side some of our existing directors. If we are to survive we need new blood, new investment and new ideas. I'll be happy if they announce this shortly and hopefully we see a bigger, better squad for next season cause this season I'm pissed with seeing no strikers, no competition and 3 players on the bench. Its time the folk of Kirkcaldy and surrounding areas got behind the club, come out in increased numbers to try and get us to another level. Whether that be top 4 or better. 

20 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Is there any evidence that this will make us worse off? It's hardly like we are steady ship as it is.

No, but this is impossible to prove at any rate presently. We need to see the detail as I am not convinced Sim will be leaving us entirely based on what he's said so far. It is however apparent that he's had enough so possibly this is the only option. Well, either that or Mike Delios' son will be partnering Scott Brown at CM next season. 

If Sim won't be leaving entirely, he needs to be completely out of the key decision making processes. You can point to him putting his hands in his pockets to keep the club afloat, which can't really be argued with, but the club has been run poorly and he's the man with total control over it. He's been very good at deflecting blame and ducking criticism for it, but it's entirely on him. The man doesn't have any bad intent towards the club, but it's suffered from benign neglect whilst he's detached himself from it. Ultimately, he's been putting his hands in his pockets to pay for his own errors in the running of the club. 

I have a lot of reservations about this. The (assumed) incomers did indeed have success with Kelty, but they threw a load of money around to defeat a whole load of part-time teams and rise into League 1. I don't think they have anywhere near the resources to do that at Raith Rovers, so they will need to focus on closing the revenue gap that an audit professional who led an accountancy firm could not achieve. If they can actually sell hospitality and match sponsorship then perhaps they can make a difference straight away, right enough. 

Ultimately,  we need to know what role Sim will continue to have, if any, and what happens to the stadium. The positives are it isn't Delios and Sim should be taking a back seat. The rest? A bit apprehensive to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Who really cares where any business mans money comes from. I'm sure all Man City and Newcastle fans sit every night wishing their owners would bugger off. I would say anyone that's taken a small junior side and got them into league 1 had been successful. Off field activities are bringing in some cash to them, they've made the stadium a hub for the community not just Kelty fans. Kids flock their to train and play. It appears we will have people with business and football brains running our club along side some of our existing directors. If we are to survive we need new blood, new investment and new ideas. I'll be happy if they announce this shortly and hopefully we see a bigger, better squad for next season cause this season I'm pissed with seeing no strikers, no competition and 3 players on the bench. Its time the folk of Kirkcaldy and surrounding areas got behind the club, come out in increased numbers to try and get us to another level. Whether that be top 4 or better. 

Well if anyone should know a forward that can't score when he sees one, it's Andy Barrowman. 

3 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

This is the first domino falling so let's see what details come next. Important Rovers get the detail out to stem the flow of rumours.

Stay still losing money, poor fayre across key areas of the club or seek to promote change. I'm for the later.

Change is fine if its positive. Instead we're hiring the village idiots from Kelty. 

Bringing in McKenzie, Barrowman and Potter will add something that Sim has said many times is lacking at RRFC just now - experience in running a football club. It's pretty easy to see where these 3 will fit in. McKenzie is the money, Barrowman as a CEO (his current role at Kelty) and Potter in a DoF type role (with the contacts he should have from the time he has spent in football this could be a good move). It's not just bringing in money that this helps with, it's also about the infrastructure of the club. Kelty Hearts now are a much more structured and organised outfit than they were a few years ago. The developments to the ground with the limited space available have also been impressive. Imagine what McKenzie can do with a ground like San Starko.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this move. Of course, that's also because i'm not an idiot who is hyper focused on their current league position looking at a way to tear the club down again. Curious to see what Dean McKenzie is getting back for his investment though.

27 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about this move. Of course, that's also because i'm not an idiot who is hyper focused on their current league position looking at a way to tear the club down again. Curious to see what Dean McKenzie is getting back for his investment though.

Pretty much the way I see it too. I’m hoping he’s bought the lot. The club and the stadium. I’ve always thought having both of them working together is far more beneficial rather than as separate companies with different sets of accounts.

As an aside, you’d like to think that the new guy will be in a better position to carry out building and repair work on the stadium too!

Took a rare visit over to Fantalk to see if anything had been posted on there RE the takeover. Nothing going, but saw this from the AGM, posted by @Specky Ginger

Fucking hell. Things are even worse than I thought they were. Genuinely thought we'd make a profit given the Rangers game, but still staring down the barrel of a loss double the average during Sim's tenure. 

Screenshot_20230414_230011_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Took a rare visit over to Fantalk to see if anything had been posted on there RE the takeover. Nothing going, but saw this from the AGM, posted by @Specky Ginger

Fucking hell. Things are even worse than I thought they were. Genuinely thought we'd make a profit given the Rangers game, but still staring down the barrel of a loss double the average during Sim's tenure. 

Screenshot_20230414_230011_Chrome.jpg

It’s a worry that we can’t even break even this season. An ongoing basket case of a club.