The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Answer to our prayers…

image.thumb.png.ddd4e40e0223ecf1ab67330bbb2f929c.png

Dont joke about it.  Its the sort of thing the Rovers fall for........remember the Italian superstar that was signing for us?  Remember the French superstars brother that bought the managers job?

Yup.  Don't let the Rovers board see this.

21 minutes ago, renton said:

Or it's all f**k all.

Indeed. Talk is cheap.

25 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

He's maybe just worked out that Sim's planning not only to hold on to Starks Park but but also remain as largest individual shareholder too.

Either that or Silverbear's re-interest has meant a King Dick spanner being thrown into the works.

Sim isn't aiming to remain largest shareholder though. The consortium will be.

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Indeed. Talk is cheap.

Sim isn't aiming to remain largest shareholder though. The consortium will be.

I'm fairly certain Sim said at the AGM he'd still have 49% and would remain the largest single shareholder, all of the others would make up 51% but that would include the Raith Trust and all the individuals (the wee people) who attended the AGM.  In theory he'd only need to sway 2% of the shareholders and he'd still have control.

If I was Mr McKenzie that would be my biggest worry.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I understand Mr McKenzie may not as committed to this venture as many hope. These are fragile times.

It’s a very rovers thing to do is f**k up something like this, I would imagine if McKenzie doesn’t come then the rest won’t then we’re truly humped 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

19 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It could all just be rumours and not true. One thing that does concern me was the apparent resurgence in interest from that Silverbear outfit, despite the public airing of laundry earlier in the year. 

Or the silver bear thing could just be smokescreen who knows at this point tbh 

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Dont joke about it.  Its the sort of thing the Rovers fall for........remember the Italian superstar that was signing for us?  Remember the French superstars brother that bought the managers job?

Yup.  Don't let the Rovers board see this.

Or the new Silverbear overlords 😆😆😢

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

I'm fairly certain Sim said at the AGM he'd still have 49% and would remain the largest single shareholder, all of the others would make up 51% but that would include the Raith Trust and all the individuals (the wee people) who attended the AGM.  In theory he'd only need to sway 2% of the shareholders and he'd still have control.

If I was Mr McKenzie that would be my biggest worry.

I kinda knew that old buzzard would scupper the deal. “ btw, it’s still ma club”

It's a bit daft of the Kelty mob to walk away from Kelty before they've even got a deal agreed with us. 

Probably doesn't matter to McKenzie much but Potter and Barrowman are now unemployed, albeit I'm sure that McKenzie will no doubt find them a job for his conservatory business. 

Maybe they'll end up Livingston. McKenzie seems to have a finger in the pie there too. 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's a bit daft of the Kelty mob to walk away from Kelty before they've even got a deal agreed with us. 

Probably doesn't matter to McKenzie much but Potter and Barrowman are now unemployed...

This. An awful lot of speculation tonight with not much to go with it. You'll always get stuff through whispers but it seems quite a big leap. I'll wait until there's something with a bit more substance to it.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

You are all mad.  Someone posted one single vague and cryptic comment, and in just a couple of hours, you have created an entire industry of despair and conspiracy!

Are you new here?

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You are all mad.  Someone posted one single vague and cryptic comment, and in just a couple of hours, you have created an entire industry of despair and conspiracy!

I know, this comes 2 months too early, this sort of paranoia usually kicks in just before the friendly games.

McKenzie said the fans will crack any minute, purple monkey dishwasher. 

Really though, the club have done well to keep this so quiet for so long. A welcome way to run things. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

McKenzie said the fans will crack any minute, purple monkey dishwasher. 

Really though, the club have done well to keep this so quiet for so long. A welcome way to run things. 

Was that a typo, surely you mean Purple Money dishwasher?  

That would make much more sense.

On another note, until JS says it never happened or it must have happened when he wasn't there I refuse not to disbelieve none of it.