The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

If this is what RaithTV is gonna be doing all year, they are going to be putting the top TV arms of the Premiership to shame. They’re already, in my limited experience, easily the best Club TV in the Championship and below, but their recent output has been both prolific and of an excellent standard. Keep up the good work lads and lassies, and I hope this is a sign of the Club increasing their support!

Don’t want to burst raithTV bubble here but we are using an external company who have been doing the promotional videos and another company for the signing graphics. Raith tv still on the interviews and match day footage 

Edited by Offshore Rover

16 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Don’t want to burst raithTV bubble here but we are using an external company who have been doing the promotional videos and another company for the signing graphics. Raith tv still on the interviews and match day footage 

So the TV arm then.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Fair play to you. You must have given him food for thought and he heeded your advice.

Yea it was pretty much a month later. Never ever want to go back to that. I can still see the look on his face🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Some saw it was the mad man in Dalgety Bay that caused him to bail. 

Like I said, I felt like a right Fanny after it. Just told him how I felt, at the time I was justified. Then later I felt that could’ve been better. So mad yes😆

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Like I said, I felt like a right Fanny after it. Just told him how I felt, at the time I was justified. Then later I felt that could’ve been better. So mad yes😆

As they say "shite managers prevail when loyal supporters don't hurl abuse at them on an Esso forecourt". Or something like that.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

As they say "shite managers prevail when loyal supporters don't hurl abuse at them on an Esso forecourt". Or something like that.

You've chosen the meal deal. would you like personal abuse for another 50p?

26 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

An absolute belter of a Fife response, let folk have a bit of praise min. At no point were the graphics (as great as they are) or the emotional season ticket promo mentioned. 

The CLUBS TV folk have smashed it with a huge volume of stuff over the close season. 

Haven't listened to the new interview, the podcast option is great will likely listen in the car heading to night shift. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Finished the IM interview…sounds like Masson will be a starter at first, with Corr fighting for time as well. Maybe Masson and Corr fighting for the O’Riordan and Nolan roles, while we bring in an experienced CB and some FB cover…and maybe another young CB.

Time to scan the lists for an aging CB who’s prime for a mentor role with some playing time?

His name has been mentioned. We will bring in 2 CHs.

19 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

An absolute belter of a Fife response, let folk have a bit of praise min. At no point were the graphics (as great as they are) or the emotional season ticket promo mentioned. 

The CLUBS TV folk have smashed it with a huge volume of stuff over the close season. 

Haven't listened to the new interview, the podcast option is great will likely listen in the car heading to night shift. 

I don’t think you picked up my tone or more likely I didn’t get my tone across well enough. I have nothing but praise for RaithTV, see some of my previous posts. I also tune in abroad, when I am working away, to the games on both audio and video feeds. I assumed Tx’s post was about all videos in general coming from the club. I was merely pointing out that not all videos are from RaithTV. As I said, I am very dependant on them and haven’t and wouldn’t criticise them in a bad way. I meant nothing bad with my post. I am all for praising the RaithTV crew, without them I wouldn’t be nearly as engaged as I currently am with the club 

10 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I don’t think you picked up my tone or more likely I didn’t get my tone across well enough. I have nothing but praise for RaithTV, see some of my previous posts. I also tune in abroad, when I am working away, to the games on both audio and video feeds. I assumed Tx’s post was about all videos in general coming from the club. I was merely pointing out that not all videos are from RaithTV. As I said, I am very dependant on them and haven’t and wouldn’t criticise them in a bad way. I meant nothing bad with my post. I am all for praising the RaithTV crew, without them I wouldn’t be nearly as engaged as I currently am with the club 

I was referring to the RaithTV items only...rapid and comprehensive interviews. The quality appears a wee bit better, so Im wondering if there hasnt been a wee upgrade in the equipment or "studio".

ETA: On a tangent, why is finding a damn ogonek on an Apple keyboard so impossible without jumping through hoops?

Edited by TxRover

3 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Fair play 👏🏻

TBH as great as they other stuff is its not aimed at me. My season tickets bought every year and graphics are cool but I just glance at them. I look forward to things like strip launch but Im buying one anyway. It's the football orientated stuff I'm interested in. 

I spent a year abroad and relied on clubs TV teams to keep me informed. Our volume and quality isn't the norm. 

For example I see some occasional Morton content treated like with huge enthusiasm and it's just what' we get every week. 

As I said maybe other teams have great stuff behind paywalls etc I would hate us to do that. 

I need the next video to be a big bruiser of a CH. 

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I was referring to the RaithTV items only...rapid and comprehensive interviews. The quality appears a wee bit better, so Im wondering if there hasnt been a wee upgrade in the equipment or "studio".

I think the little studio that is next to the main stand (between the main stand and the portacabin thing) has made a big difference. 

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Scott Burns reporting that Falkirk are pushing to sign Spencer. A year ago that would've been horrendous but it shows how quickly football can move when most folk will likely shrug their shoulders given how the season ended.

Can’t see him going down a division and it was reported that he’s got offers down south as well  but I think it’ll be daft for him to move down a division but then again Bene done it for a better deal just have to wait and see I suppose 

6 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Can’t see him going down a division and it was reported that he’s got offers down south as well  but I think it’ll be daft for him to move down a division but then again Bene done it for a better deal just have to wait and see I suppose 

He's not long bought a house in Motherwell so can't see him wanting to go through the upheaval of moving again. You have to wonder if Murray has been frank with him about where he fits in with his plans going forward which prompted him to try his luck elsewhere. Would have thought a Championship team would have picked him up. If he goes to Falkirk then I'm all for it, at least he wouldn't be playing against us next season.

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

He's not long bought a house in Motherwell so can't see him wanting to go through the upheaval of moving again. You have to wonder if Murray has been frank with him about where he fits in with his plans going forward which prompted him to try his luck elsewhere. Would have thought a Championship team would have picked him up. If he goes to Falkirk then I'm all for it, at least he wouldn't be playing against us next season.

Aye that’s true he could still play in championship I thought maybe a team like Ayr or something coming in for him as he’s a lot closer to them, not really arsed if he goes to Falkirk just think he’s too good for that league and could do a lot better 

It’s funny. I think he’ll be a great signing for Falkirk, if he stays fit, but I wasn’t arsed at all about him leaving. I think that slow build from the back style of football has had its day for now a bit.