The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This is the important stuff, £2 for the fabled fudge doughnut. 

Or a £6 meal deal with a pie and bovril to preempt the fudgie goodness. 

Edited by pub car king

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Are they vastly different from the previous catering offering?

I've no idea, I've not eaten at a football ground in years. Suppose for that reason the prices came as a bit of a shock considering I can pop into Stuarts and get a steak pie for about £2 however I get prices at stadiums will need to be higher.

18 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

I'm only a row or 2 from the front, jumping about like a loony, if memory serves me right it came only 2 or 3 minutes after Paul Browne sclaffed one off his shin in off the post.

Browne's goal was one of the ugliest we've ever scored, but Dargo's was a thing of beauty

Travel to Annan - trains fucked unless strike action called off. 

Last paragraph on this update about the reduced timetable:

‘The significantly reduced timetable on 20, 22 and 29 July will mean North Wales, Shrewsbury, Blackpool, Stoke-on-Trent, Macclesfield and Edinburgh have no Avanti West Coast services.’

Link: https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/strike 

Edit to add: trains do run down the west coast from Glasgow central direct to Annan. But typically for the whole of July all trains between central and Kilmarnock are replacement bus! (Further edit to add: some of the replacements are direct 40m services - others go round the stops between central and killie).

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

7 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Travel to Annan - trains fucked unless strike action called off. 

Last paragraph on this update about the reduced timetable:

‘The significantly reduced timetable on 20, 22 and 29 July will mean North Wales, Shrewsbury, Blackpool, Stoke-on-Trent, Macclesfield and Edinburgh have no Avanti West Coast services.’

Link: https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/strike 

Edit to add: trains do run down the west coast from Glasgow central direct to Annan. But typically for the whole of July all trains between central and Kilmarnock are replacement bus!!

Fucksakes. 

18 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This constantly having 4 or 5 starting players out injured is ripping my fucking knitting. It’s been like this for about 6 or 7 years, across multiple groups of players, managers, medical teams, surfaces and training facilities. Absolutely fucks us every single year. Sick to back teeth of it. 

Craig Cairns, of the Courier, was saying on a recent Terrace patreon that Ian Murray has previously said he’s ‘aware’ of the exact reasons so many injuries have crept up, with an implication that he was looking to take action in this regard.

Cairns suggested he was going to raise this with Murray again soon & see what his current thoughts on said situation were, given he’d been deliberately tight lipped beyond being ‘aware’ last time.

21 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Craig Cairns, of the Courier, was saying on a recent Terrace patreon that Ian Murray has previously said he’s ‘aware’ of the exact reasons so many injuries have crept up, with an implication that he was looking to take action in this regard.

Cairns suggested he was going to raise this with Murray again soon & see what his current thoughts on said situation were, given he’d been deliberately tight lipped beyond being ‘aware’ last time.

I remember the interview he is referring to. I noticed we brought in a new physio over the summer, I assumed it was that. 

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Are they vastly different from the previous catering offering?

Think it’s a bit more expensive than it was but it’s hardly extortionate pricing provided the quality is good. Buy snacks at any entertainment venue and you’ll always pay a premium price.  

Email from the club saying 200 tickets sold for singing section tomorrow and stressing it's a trial period. If successful club looking to work with Young Team in terms of away travel, merch and displays. 

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Think it’s a bit more expensive than it was but it’s hardly extortionate pricing provided the quality is good. Buy snacks at any entertainment venue and you’ll always pay a premium price.  

Yup…at the Death Star (aka AT&T Stadium) for any game/event:

IMG_0532.thumb.jpeg.5d7a9500fdc78e2aec293dc0c40dc2bb.jpeg

I was honestly surprised at the relative affordability of those offerings at SP, but I’ve grown used to the insane proces at sports venues here in ‘Merica.