The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I thought it was harsh at the time but the video seems to confirm that the red card probably shouldn't have been given. The shirt pulling starts in the Rovers half and the number 5 could possibly have got near Hamilton before he got a shot on goal.

Dinnae foul him then and let the nu,ber 5 get near him.

8 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

if you can please mute the wee lads under the camera

The microphone is on the camera, the editing is excellent but every game is different and presents its own difficulties, a line has to be drawn as to how you present any footage.

11 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

As always, the much important start point that everyone at Raith TV is a hall of famer and everything you boys and girls do is unreal. As a wee favour, if you can please mute the wee lads under the camera for future highlights that would be great - cutting right through me (maybe cos I don’t have kids!!) but also think it’s obscuring the general atmosphere/crowd noise. 

At this point I think they'd be best placed to have it so the railway stand is open on games which are bigger than run of the mill league games.

3 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I thought it was harsh at the time but the video seems to confirm that the red card probably shouldn't have been given. The shirt pulling starts in the Rovers half and the number 5 could possibly have got near Hamilton before he got a shot on goal.

BBC pundit Michael Stewart (slaver) argues that it's not when the pin is pulled, it's when the grenade goes off, however I agree with you.

Haven't watched the highlights yet but at the time, Hamilton bought that red card. He was clearly tugged but there's no danger he had to go down. That's the striker i want. Smart enough to know when to go down. I'm assuming he went off at ht because mckenna had hit him in the back? No other reason to bring gullan on. The change at ht should have been smith to St with easton, Vaughan or Ross to lw. Gullan shouldn't have been in the equation Imo. 

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I was reminded of a dug chasing a car. What are you going to do if you catch it? One boy in high viz looked like he was going to dish out a full-on spear if he could only get slightly closer to the eight year old rapscallion who was evading his clutches. 

Was it Boris Johnson?

Just a note that Millen is now on three yellow cards in four matches (and only played in three of them too), and heading for an early Bene break (Dick already took a Davo break).

Edited by TxRover

4 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

The number 5 wasn't going to get anywhere near him, he was slow and had the turning circle of a wagon train. Like you though I did think it a soft red but the foul was committed and it doesn't matter where it is, if you have a clean run on goal and the officials feel that he wouldn't have been caught then it's a red. We take those decisions now because at some point they'll go against us. Like the Morton game last season when it was never a penalty 

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

Really liked that interview with Vaughan having literally just finished the match. Felt more open and honest than a lot of the composed soundbites you get from players when they are put in front of the camera.

He nearly had me greetin' too at the end. Lovely stuff.

Loved also the on pitch camera at end of highlights. Would have been even better if edited a few seconds longer to take in the south stand raptures.

31 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

He nearly had me greetin' too at the end. Lovely stuff.

Loved also the on pitch camera at end of highlights. Would have been even better if edited a few seconds longer to take in the south stand raptures.

There's a longer clip on Facebook.  It can be summed up as Liam Dick jumps on people celebrating, Liam Dick yells in celebration and lastly Liam Dick sings about Lewis Vaughan 😂

Just watched the highlights, this team never quit.  It we shouldn’t have had to the hard work at the end. Another 2 goals lost when they could’ve been avoided. What the hell was Dabrowski doing with that flap. Kinda reminds me of a keeper we had that let the bounce off two goal posts and went in then feigned injury, well it had that feel about it. He made up for that though later on before the Thomas goal, the defence totally let him down on that one. Slow to get the ball out . Vaughan comes on and saves the day. If we have any ambitions to progress we have to sort it out at the back. 

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Did anyone else notice in the highlights, the final replay of the goal, Dylan Easton shoulder barges into one of the QP players during the celebration? Lovely stuff! 

Noticed this too. Magnificent. 😂

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Did anyone else notice in the highlights, the final replay of the goal, Dylan Easton shoulder barges into one of the QP players during the celebration? Lovely stuff! 

I thought the best bit was the ball boy collapsing to the ground when Thomas scored.  Would have been great to see his celebrations when we got the winner. 

12 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

On another note, the "singing section" looked ridiculously sparse again this week. I assume its not long for being binned off.

I'm cursing my son for begging to move there as club saying we're committed to sitting there now for entire season and can't swap back to the South Stand. I actually lost my laddie at the 3rd goal, turned round and he wasn't there. Granted I had launched myself down a few rows. Found him at the far end of the stand cupping his ears at QP fans 😂

30 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Another absolutely sexy highlights package by RaithTV, genuinely seems to get better every week with the additional camera angles and on pitch footage at the end. I did noticed the QP number 5 kicked out at Vaughan on the final whistle tho 

Same boy that stamped on Sam Stanton last season. A horrible egg, lovely to see him getting his chops again. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Same boy that stamped on Sam Stanton last season. A horrible egg, lovely to see him getting his chops again. 

Same boy who was giving it large to the South Stand at the Thomas goal. Hope he was furious at the final whistle.