The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hi guys. Greig Young injury update isn't good news, looking like he's needing major surgery and the club are looking to organise some fundraisers. Given the Sons and Rovers connections at the moment it would be good to see if something could be organised between the clubs. No idea what mid-season mind you, but I'm happy to open the bidding on anything signed by Ian Murray, Sam Stanton or Kevin Dabrowski :wub:

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/greig-young-update/

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys. Greig Young injury update isn't good news, looking like he's needing major surgery and the club are looking to organise some fundraisers. Given the Sons and Rovers connections at the moment it would be good to see if something could be organised between the clubs. No idea what mid-season mind you, but I'm happy to open the bidding on anything signed by Ian Murray, Sam Stanton or Kevin Dabrowski :wub:

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/greig-young-update/

You forgot Lewis Vaughan?

On a serious note, that's such a shame for him. I would like to think Rovers would certainly offer some kind of assistance to help the boy out. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You forgot Lewis Vaughan?

On a serious note, that's such a shame for him. I would like to think Rovers would certainly offer some kind of assistance to help the boy out. 

Add him to the list too. Given what he's been through I'd imagine he might be one of the first guys on the blower to Greig as well.

On 04/11/2023 at 07:23, Granny Danger said:

Two questions for Raith fans:

1. Where do you think you will end up in the league?

Third - mainly based on the goals for & against totals so far.
Getting Corr and Hamilton into the team and hitting a patch of form could see us challenging United and Partick.. 

22 hours ago, starksbark2 said:

Third - mainly based on the goals for & against totals so far.
Getting Corr and Hamilton into the team and hitting a patch of form could see us challenging United and Partick.. 

just saw on Twitter Corr back on pitch training. Are we almost injury free for the squad?! 🥸

On 04/11/2023 at 11:24, Granny Danger said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I’ve said before that I’ve had a soft spot for Raith since your former chairman, Turnbull Hutton, spoke his mind during the Sevco debacle whilst most of his counterparts were as visible as Peter Brady.

I recall going through to Stark’s Park with my younger son one Saturday when we didn’t have a game as a gesture of support to the man at the time, bumping into him outside the park and having a brief conversation with him about the situation 

Ideally I’d like to see Arbroath going up with us (simply because it would cause so many heads to explode) but failing that I hope you guys get promoted.

I also wish you would drop some points in the short term so we can breath easier.  :rolleyes:

Aye ?  but Its ok to promote and relegate teams on a corrupt vote ? is it ? 

43 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Just get over it and concentrate on your own team not going out of league 2 and into Lowland League obscurity.

He only comes on here as there’s nobody to interact with on the EF thread. 
Fair chance they will be joining Cowdenbeath into the pub league, that’d be mildly amusing.

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

He only comes on here as there’s nobody to interact with on the EF thread. 
Fair chance they will be joining Cowdenbeath into the pub league, that’d be mildly amusing.

Not happening this season, but it might be more amusing if they passed Cowdenbeath on the way.

In loosely related football chat there's a video of the keepers training on the official site. 

It's interesting to see what they do and how Kev is in training compared to matches. 

In short he's exactly the same, doesn't naturally catch the ball which Robbie is working on and looks awkward kicking which i think is down to his huge legs he doesnt take natutal looking strides.

That said he will make ridiculous saves. 

McNeil in comparison looks like a more traditional keeper very comfortable catching The ball. 

On 06/11/2023 at 13:53, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I'm sure that will be a morale booster if he reads the forum. Second in the league and you're having a dig at a boy who has been pretty solid all season and who gives his all every week. Why ? 

Did you boo the team off on Saturday out of interest ? 

I just dont rate him that much as a full back. Watch during a game, he never stops a cross coming in when one on one with opposition player, which ultimately lead to chances and goals and his defensive positional play is suspect. Two of the most important attributes as a full back.

Only my opinion, entitled to it. Calm down peeps.

And no, i never boo a player or the team.

Looking at our strongest 11 id genuinely say he is our weakest player, in contest with big Kev.