The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

That's kind of my point, to be honest.  Someone hinted that the derby crowd should have been higher than it was, but ultimately prices don't make that much of a difference.  Its what happens on the pitch that determines if people go or not.  

The away crowd could've been higher, I know of a few that didn't go due to the pricing. The Pars fans in my age range will be dealing with young families etc so are more likely to be choosey with regards to pricing. 

19 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Can Raith TV perhaps inform us how many subscribers paid to watch the recent derby. I'm assuming that money goes into the club.

Can watch Raith TV for free on an amazon firestick, apparently. 

I'm firmly in the "against" camp when it comes to tiered pricing for league games.  It annoys me when clubs justify it by stating the additional steward/police costs, when it's clear to anyone with half a brain that the extra punters paying the normal price would easily have covered the cost.  At least just admit they're taking advantage of higher demand.

I have no issue with £20 for the Scottish cup game at EEP.  Yes it's on TV but I would always rather be there anyway so it doesn't matter.

£20 does seem a bit steep for the challenge cup game tonight but I'll still be there anyway.  What I'm not doing is paying £10 for my 8 year old to sit and play with a phone for 90 minutes while complaining about how cold he is.  Charging that amount for kids to go to a challenge cup game, particularly on a Friday night, is absolutely ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

That's up to you & you've every right to do that.

Charge home fans whatever you want but away fans shouldn't be railroaded into subsidising your future fanbase.

What? 😂 Of course they should. 

With your home fans, there's a lot to think about. There's getting young kids in, subsidising families, incentivising season tickets, all that stuff that goes into building a really complex pricing structure to maximise your short term and long term revenue. 

With away fans? None of that. It's a simple collision of two factors. How many people are coming, how much will they pay? If you charge £1 the stand sells out but you make no money. If you charge £1000 nobody comes. Somewhere in the middle is a sweet spot where revenue is maximised. That's all you're aiming for. They're away fans. There's no loyalty, they're not going to come back again next week. Like it or not, every club in the country is using away supports as a pure revenue generator to subsidise their entire operation. It would be ridiculous to do otherwise. 

22 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

What? 😂 Of course they should. 

With your home fans, there's a lot to think about. There's getting young kids in, subsidising families, incentivising season tickets, all that stuff that goes into building a really complex pricing structure to maximise your short term and long term revenue. 

With away fans? None of that. It's a simple collision of two factors. How many people are coming, how much will they pay? If you charge £1 the stand sells out but you make no money. If you charge £1000 nobody comes. Somewhere in the middle is a sweet spot where revenue is maximised. That's all you're aiming for. They're away fans. There's no loyalty, they're not going to come back again next week. Like it or not, every club in the country is using away supports as a pure revenue generator to subsidise their entire operation. It would be ridiculous to do otherwise. 

Tory alert

I'm torn on tiered pricing I'm not a fan in general but I see why it happens and you can use the argument that costs go up against the pars and DU. Rather than say Queens Park who don't bring massive supports. 

In terms of away fans I think we as a league/sport should go down the line of fixed pricing like the have in the EPL. My father in law goes to away games for £15/£20 quite regularly and he's getting far better facilities and quality of football than he would at Starks Park. (Although nowhere near the entertainment) 

12 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Stop making me laugh.....I have to hate you and everything about you!!!!!!

I came back on to delete that comment as it was a bit out of order. I'm really not wanting to start an argument. I just don't agree with Raiths' policy & I'd be really disappointed if our board went down the same road. I'll leave it at that.

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I came back on to delete that comment as it was a bit out of order. I'm really not wanting to start an argument. I just don't agree with Raiths' policy & I'd be really disappointed if our board went down the same road. I'll leave it at that.

To be fair, RATM seems like a pretty reasonable guy and I'm sure he would see your comment for the obvious joke it was.  Yes, calling someone a Tory is really really insulting but that's what makes it funny.

I'm not overly keen on a tiered pricing structure, but what I'm less keen on is charging £24 for a game in the Championship, no matter who the opponent is. 

We were pretty vocal in criticising Dundee for charging that price last season, so I'm certainly not going to say it's fair enough because we're now charging that price for four of our home games. 

I do think it probably has or will put some folk off attending, as it was a factor in me not going to Dens Park for the midweek game last season. 

I get the "It's just an extra couple of pounds" argument, but there has to be a tipping point eventually. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

I’ll happy pay a premium to watch a game I want to see - Pars and Dundee Utd inc. 

Simple economics and supply / demand. 

I follow Raith home and away however £20 to watch a diddy cup game on a Friday night against league 1 opposition is a pass for me. 

A tenner and I’d have been there. The monetary amount isn’t the factor it’s the principle. 

A third rate tournament against a third tier team at an unsociable time should be priced accordingly. 

If a few quid on tickets and push on food / merchandise means we sign players like Easton, Hamilton, KD and can resign Stanton etc then I’m ALL FOR IT! Save a couple of quid and have Gonclaves, Willy Akio etc - no thank you. 

3 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Can Raith TV perhaps inform us how many subscribers paid to watch the recent derby. I'm assuming that money goes into the club.

It’s been asked before, but I’ve never seen any discussion of RaithTV numbers with anything authoritative on them.

Edit: Correction, I did find one release from a couple of years ago:

https://www.raithrovers.net/48236/a-thank-you-message-from-raithtv.htm

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

That's up to you & you've every right to do that.

Charge home fans whatever you want but away fans shouldn't be railroaded into subsidising your future fanbase.

The difficultly there would be the North and South Stands are literally identical. If it’s placing the Away fans in a slightly less fan friendly stand with a slight poorer view, I see the £2-4 cheaper thought. When it’s the same seat you sell to a Home fan at £24, there no rational argument to be made for making it cheaper. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that the argument at EEP…that the “good seats” (and the slight premium in cost) go to home fans, and the away fans get a slightly inferior product at a slightly reduced price?

Edited by TxRover

3 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'm not overly keen on a tiered pricing structure, but what I'm less keen on is charging £24 for a game in the Championship, no matter who the opponent is. 

We were pretty vocal in criticising Dundee for charging that price last season, so I'm certainly not going to say it's fair enough because we're now charging that price for four of our home games. 

I do think it probably has or will put some folk off attending, as it was a factor in me not going to Dens Park for the midweek game last season. 

I get the "It's just an extra couple of pounds" argument, but there has to be a tipping point eventually. 

I agree pricing is too high generally however I think tiered pricing is fair enough, if you don't want to pay it then you don't go. No one is forced to attend a game. The demand would then drop and therefore dictate future pricing strategy.

Tiered pricing allows clubs to charge more for the big exciting games which can subsidise cheaper entry for lesser games and/ or tickets for kids. 

5 hours ago, HoBNob said:

The away crowd could've been higher, I know of a few that didn't go due to the pricing. The Pars fans in my age range will be dealing with young families etc so are more likely to be choosey with regards to pricing. 

Can watch Raith TV for free on an amazon firestick, apparently. 

As someone who definitely has not used a fire stick before, the folk watching ‘RaithTV’ on these devices are usually watching that pixellot rubbish.  

Edited by Raithfan2711

5 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Why would RaithTV volunteers publicly announce financial information? What difference does it make to the average punter knowing this? Do you want to know how many pies we sold?

Going by what they say on comms, they are entirely volunteer led so the money will go to the club. If it’s a good source of income I’d rather the club kept it in house, because some other teams at this level and below don’t bother even having the resource.

Edited by Raithfan2711

1 hour ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Why would RaithTV volunteers publicly announce financial information? What difference does it make to the average punter knowing this? Do you want to know how many pies we sold?

Going by what they say on comms, they are entirely volunteer led so the money will go to the club. If it’s a good source of income I’d rather the club kept it in house, because some other teams at this level and below don’t bother even having the resource.

No but surely selling to subscribers adds to the attendance to a certain extent with revenue going to the club. If they sell to 500 subscribers then what I'm getting at this adds another good revenue stream to the club.

I certainly couldn't give a toss about pie sales, programme sales or any other sales.

1 hour ago, Raithfan2711 said:

As someone who definitely has not used a fire stick before, the folk watching ‘RaithTV’ on these devices are usually watching that pixellot rubbish.  

I have also never used a firestick before, and I was at a wedding that day so I couldn't verify for that exact game, but it's definitely Raith TV on the stick, apparently. 

Still greeting about paying an extra £4 5 weeks after the match. Get a grip ffs. Don't think I seen one Dundee United fan complain about the price and there were far more of them at Starks. Nobody is forcing you to pay it. Can't believe anyone would rather sit in a house watching it on a shitey firestick than having a day out with your mates or family, a few pints in different town and enjoying the derby day atmosphere all for the sake of having to spend an extra £4.