The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Anyone know if club 1883 get a permanent discount in the club shop? I'm sure I read it in the initial blurb but haven't seen anything since apart from black friday. 

Not permanent, but occasional discounts. From the T&C:

Online shop special offers (for Gold and International, Online shop premium special offers). Members will receive exclusive discount codes sent to the email address associated with their Fanbase account. This perk will activate upon the email confirmation, with discount codes sent out sporadically throughout the year for dates such as a Member’s birthday, Black Friday, Back to School, New Year etc. This will be a one-time code that cannot be shared with anyone else. After being used once, the code will no longer be valid or able to use.

I don't get the notion that these things add atmosphere.

I've been to East End and many other away grounds in the past where Rovers fans have generated a magnificent atmosphere without the need for them.

I can't imagine they're completely free of fire risk and I can't imagine anyone with asthma or some other respiratory condition would be happy to be in the vicinity of the smoke.

Unfortunately, unless the police and stewards get their collective fingers out and start lifting the perpetrators, someone is going end up getting hit with one and end up taking the law into their own hands. And I can't imagine any such person being short of offers of free pints were that to happen.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Genuinely one of the most perplexing things ever was watching a man with a giant whip getting a clapped along by the crowd, and not one person seemed to question it. Fever dream material.

I want this boy emerging from the smoke whipping the discarded cannister out the way of big Kev

Can you imagine the ramifications for the club if a smoke bomb landed in someone's hood or hit them in the eye and they were seriously injured. There are other people who have health problems with their breathing and have to sit near the front and smoke bombs contain all sorts of crap that affects the lungs and airways.  They're not for me at a football match

11 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Bring back the bugle 

Felt bad for that boy, when we were winning and he started up everyone used to join in, when we were getting beat and he started it up trying to get behind the team it was "i am gonna shove that bugle right up yer arse!!" ☹️

12 hours ago, MICMAC said:

Can you imagine the ramifications for the club if a smoke bomb landed in someone's hood or hit them in the eye and they were seriously injured. There are other people who have health problems with their breathing and have to sit near the front and smoke bombs contain all sorts of crap that affects the lungs and airways.  They're not for me at a football match

If the club does all that is reasonably practicable to stop flares being brought into the ground and used, then there are no ramifications for them, the individual would then be solely held liable.

4 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Have I missed any kind of indication as to the severity of Liam Dick's injury? 

Nothing public that I’ve seen. Looking at the Accies game video, he’s moving normally enough at the end, with perhaps a little hitch as he’s trotting back after the fourth goal (more likely confirmation bias at work). IM hasn’t said anything, so a mild practice injury, perhaps?