The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, Craigus said:

I thought he looked really suspect for the whole game and would expect him to drop out if we have Murray and/or Watson back. Brown plays ahead of him for me.

Opinions eh! 

Really? I thought the laddie done well. 18 and not had a run out. Won every header, good tackles, good tracking back and strong. We were talking about it in the pub afterwards and we all had same opinion. 

think you’re the minority 🤣 would just like to see giving the young ladies a chance. Good money to be made when we sell them on 👍

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

When is this bounce game with Dundee taking place, I presume it'll be at Starks, maybe that'll give an indication of what the team lines might be 

Yeah that’s today I’m sure. Will be giving everyone a run who doesn’t get a game though and those back from injury. Doubt it will be an indication of team. 

3 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Yeah that’s today I’m sure. Will be giving everyone a run who doesn’t get a game though and those back from injury. Doubt it will be an indication of team. 

As long as it doesn't herald more injury news😥

Sensible heid is on now after the fire of the weekend has went out.  

We need to get in defenders.  That is, and has been the obvious priority (to us fans) since IM came here.  Puzzling, as he was a defender, but doesn't seem to like signing them!  It is clear as the nose on yer face that we are conceding far too many goals.  THAT is the weakness that will stop us putting in a real season long title challenge.  Hopefully we get a couple of no nonsense Shaun Dennis types to shore it up.

We are far too heavy in midfield.  Think we need to be moving some on to accommodate, however, the problem is they are all decent, so who can we free up wages from either now or in the summer, obviously with contracts in mind?

Think it is CRUCIAL we set up a reserve side again.  Then the pain of not playing every week would not be as bad for the likes of Masson and Corr.  We could also get players back match fit quicker after injury.  This will also let us enjoy bringing through players again and developing them into the next Colin Camerons or Jason Dairs.  Guys like the young left back would get better, more confident and stronger by doing so.  We would also be less reliant on loans in or out.  The squad we would need for a proper title push/ stint in the Prem would suggest we would require numbers in the two teams amount to be able to really sustain.

So for me, two hard nut defenders, and a reserve team please.

I would expect it'll be a strong Dundee team today, so it should be mildly competitive. They have even worse issues with their park than the pars and haven't played all that many games recently. 

For me we dont risk anyone who is even remotely at risk for the scottish cup game five then another week to recover.