The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think he'll be a one club man now. Those 4 injuries despite his recovery and his form must still put the shiters up any prospective suitors. 

How far off a landmark is he ie: a significant number of appearances or where does he stand in the top goals scorers of all time?  

17 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Trying to soften the blow of the injury news from bounce game this afternoon 

Ok I'll take one for the team and bite at this.  Inside knowledge or just a random comment to get a chump like me to bite?  If inside knowledge, at least share the details.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

I think he'll be a one club man now. Those 4 injuries despite his recovery and his form must still put the shiters up any prospective suitors. 

How far off a landmark is he ie: a significant number of appearances or where does he stand in the top goals scorers of all time?  

Lewie first signed for the Rovers in January 2012 just after turning 16, making his first team debut at the end of the 2011-12 season and has now played 237 matches for the club. He is now in the Top 20 list of goalscorers of all time for Raith Rovers FC having hit the net 84 times in a Rovers shirt.

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I really hate to remind folk of that loan spell.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I really hate to remind folk of that loan spell.

I don't know what you're talking about? You've clearly not been taking your pils again.

Now no more of your Gary Locke fevour dreams 

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I remember being invited into a conversation with him after the Kelty Fife Cup game.

I was asked how many goals Gordon Dalziel had scored, I reckoned nearly 200 (Wiki has it as 170), he had a momentary look of disappointment which quickly changed to 'f**k it, I'll give it a go'

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

When is this bounce game with Dundee taking place, I presume it'll be at Starks, maybe that'll give an indication of what the team lines might be 

Lunchtime today.

A few of the Balwearie pupils managed to catch a bit of it through the gate.

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

We need to get in defenders.  That is, and has been the obvious priority (to us fans) since IM came here.  Puzzling, as he was a defender, but doesn't seem to like signing them! 

Ian Murray was a utility player rather than an out-and-out defender.  I wonder if that influences his decisions on playing folk out of position.

“I always like to have a couple of utility players that can play different positions,” Murray said. 

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-starks-park-gaffer-ian-murray-targets-bringing-in-utility-players-this-summer-4126215

13 minutes ago, Laid Back Maverick said:

Ian Murray was a utility player rather than an out-and-out defender.  I wonder if that influences his decisions on playing folk out of position.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-starks-park-gaffer-ian-murray-targets-bringing-in-utility-players-this-summer-4126215

That was last year, hopefully hes learned a lesson and changed his mind 😂😂 

2 hours ago, AllanJM said:

Ok I'll take one for the team and bite at this.  Inside knowledge or just a random comment to get a chump like me to bite?  If inside knowledge, at least share the details.

I'm with you Allan. 

Can we have this confirmed with a name or can we all relax?

Excellent video from our media team as always.

There's zero doubt in my mind Lewis would have been capped by Scotland if it wasn't for his injuries. Even after injuries, he's still too good for this league. It's likely his track record will put off most teams from enquiring about him but that's fully to our favour and I'm delighted to see him at Starks Park for at least the next couple years.

3 hours ago, AllanJM said:

Possibly someone at the wind ups in a group chat…hopefully