The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Why no Ian Murray interview on Raith TV this week?

Dinae tell me he's in the huff because most are saying it was his team selection and tactics that lost us the game last week??

I'm pretty sure Ian Murray couldn't care about what anyone in our fanbase thinks about his team selection last week. 

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't need to have a grass pitch for next season if we went up.  We'd have time to put it in place.  

We'll probably need to make a call on it in about a year's time either way though.  If we were looking likely to be in the Premiership in 25/26 (either from already being there and looking like staying up, or because we were in the hunt for promotion) we would almost certainly need to be planning to lay a grass pitch.  This would also mean finding somewhere to train.

The pitch requirements for 24/25 were distributed months ago, and do NOT require natural grass in the Premiership. To be honest, any requirement voted in would likely allow a 2 year or so period to comply, so we’re a long way away from this as an issue.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'm pretty sure Ian Murray couldn't care about what anyone in our fanbase thinks about his team selection last week. 

You are probably right Broken Algorithms.  But we surely can't all be wrong while he is right? 

My post was really in introduction subject comment as to why he had broken the pattern of a Thursday with no pre match interview?

However I see the interview is up now along with a Scott Brown interview.

Wow.  The power of P&B ........... ?!

I think the fact that Ruaridh did the interviews probably confirms that Niall and Davie were unavailable due to holidays and there was nothing more to it than that.

Would've expected an update on Euan Murray's condition but I get why they would want to keep that to themselves.  It does look like he's been training though (he was in the photo with the fan posted earlier) so hopefully that means he's ok to play.

2 hours ago, AllanJM said:

I think the fact that Ruaridh did the interviews probably confirms that Niall and Davie were unavailable due to holidays and there was nothing more to it than that.

Would've expected an update on Euan Murray's condition but I get why they would want to keep that to themselves.  It does look like he's been training though (he was in the photo with the fan posted earlier) so hopefully that means he's ok to play.

Grum, surely? 

Thought that was a  good performance today. Lots of aggression in the pressing, defence done well. A bit like Arbroath, we seemed to still play high balls with the wind against us.

The less said about the quality of refereeing, the better. 

Just now, buchan30 said:

Thought that was a  good performance today. Lots of aggression in the pressing, defence done well. A bit like Arbroath, we seemed to still play high balls with the wind against us.

The less said about the quality of refereeing, the better. 

Not sure what you want. I considered that a pretty solid match call by the referee. Nothing egregious, let the match flow, didn’t do anything to change or cause the result.

The cards were justified, but I could see an argument about the first yellow so early. It was definitely a hard challenge, so the yellow wasn’t unjustified, and I think it ended up keeping a lid on the match better than otherwise.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not sure what you want. I considered that a pretty solid match call by the referee. Nothing egregious, let the match flow, didn’t do anything to change or cause the result.

The cards were justified, but I could see an argument about the first yellow so early. It was definitely a hard challenge, so the yellow wasn’t unjustified, and I think it ended up keeping a lid on the match better than otherwise.

I want consistency. Rudden and others constantly being held yet nothing given, yet everything they shouted for, the slightest touch on them they got. Lets face it, he wasn’t even facing the action when the foul was committed for the penalty. 

Edited by buchan30

The worst decision from the officials was to flag Hamilton offside when he was through on goal and the ball had been played by the Ayr player. More of a blunder by the assistant than the ref.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nah, the 1st yellow was an absolute stick on first few minutes or not, he could have easily sent of the Ayr player for the elbow to Easton's head and was also very inconsistent with a lot of the 50/50 decisions for both sides, also  made a few absolute howlers with goal kick / corner options, also the assistant refs were terrible too.

4 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Another 1 goal victory! By my calculations that is 94% of our wins by this margin. 

Whats the % of wins by 2 or more goals for the Pars

you know whats going to happen here, Raith will take this to the very last day and just lose out and be so fucked from their efforts they will lose in the playoff to the Pars.

Take it to the bank my friends

Edited by Arab_R_us