The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’d expect Corr to play most of the next 2 games to make sure Watson and Murray are not overly exposed ahead of playoffs.Corr getting injured didn’t help him and also due to how tight games have been has also limited his and the likes of McGill and Hannah’s time on the park.

Would like to see McGill get a couple of starts as well.

I am very cautious about injuries in the next 2 games, in particular against Morton who have the worst disciplinary record in the league. 

Are the boys in the lowland league back yet and are they eligible to play again? 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

I am very cautious about injuries in the next 2 games, in particular against Morton who have the worst disciplinary record in the league. 

Are the boys in the lowland league back yet and are they eligible to play again? 

They won't be eligible to play, as I think their registrations will still he held with their clubs. No idea if Arnott is getting a game at East Kilbride but they're in the playoffs anyway. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Did I miss corr playing a blinder on Friday? Keep seing people saying he was incredible, excellent and so on. I thought he played well enough and progressed as the game went on as he settled in to it but I'm still not seing the hype around him. Potential, yes. Currently though he's behind Scott Brown at cb quite rightly imo. I'm not bashing the guy but the over hyping of him having a decent enough game is baffling. 

Has anyone actually said he was excellent? I don't recall seeing anything on here at least. He grew into the game, which is all you can expect for a player who's played little more than bounce games or testimonials for the past few months. I'd hope he stays on, gets some game time and becomes a regular but he needs experience and some continual coaching on some areas. 

22 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Has anyone actually said he was excellent? I don't recall seeing anything on here at least. He grew into the game, which is all you can expect for a player who's played little more than bounce games or testimonials for the past few months. I'd hope he stays on, gets some game time and becomes a regular but he needs experience and some continual coaching on some areas. 

I seen quite a few people saying it elsewhere online. As I said, he had a decent game and was just baffled at seing talk of him being excellent. There was only one player on the pitch that had an excellent game, and his name is Kevin Dabrowski. 

I'd be happy to keep him next season as there is potential there. He has undoubtedly been a victim of our relative success this season. 

From the limited time iv seen of them, I actually think Hannah could have a bigger part to play next season. I think masson will be released, along with arnott. 

17 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

They won't be eligible to play, as I think their registrations will still he held with their clubs. No idea if Arnott is getting a game at East Kilbride but they're in the playoffs anyway. 

17 hours ago, SerieA said:

@TxRover said Masson and Hannah will be available.

Arnott playing with EK so he won’t be back

Whoa, I joked in the podcast comments that they were forgetting Hannah…and made other light hearted mentions, but…

I do not know if Masson and Hannah will be available. The Lowland League IS over*, the question is when do the registrations transfer back? Is it OUR season end or THEIR season end…the latter makes more sense, but that has never been a habit of fitba rules.

The news release said “until the end of the current season”…but didn’t specify Lowland League Season or Championship Season. We also don’t know WHEN the Lowland League “Season” ends. However, the Lowland League rules specify the Pyramid Play-Off Competition occurs “at the end of the season”. So, what does that mean? Theoretically then Arnott would also be returned if the season is over before the playoff happens, but surely that can’t be.

*Throwing another wrench into the works is the delay of the final match until 27/4/2024, Tranent vs Celtic B. Add to that the Pyramd Competition Rules specifying the play between the SLFL and SHFL occurs after the seasons end.

I wish I knew, but surely RaithTV can ask IM on Thursday?

Edited by TxRover

2 games left to get to 20 league wins this season. When was the last season we won 20 league games?

We won 22 league games in the 2017-18 League 1 season when we lost the league on the last day. 

When was the last time we won 20 league games in the Championship / old First Division? 

ONNN spoke about how we will probably eclipse both Dundee and Kilmarnock’s championship winning points tally this season. Whatever happens from now on in, it’s been a remarkable season. I just hope we can keep the feel good factor going into next season!

15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

2 games left to get to 20 league wins this season. When was the last season we won 20 league games?

We won 22 league games in the 2017-18 League 1 season when we lost the league on the last day. 

When was the last time we won 20 league games in the Championship / old First Division? 

Without checking I'd say 92-93, but that was a 44 game season with 2 points for a win.

28 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I just hope we can keep the feel good factor going into next season!

Absolutely. In the past couple of seasons there's been Arbroath and QP going for the league and they've quickly tumbled down the table thereafter. Notable mentions to Ayr and ICT as well who have found themselves down the lower part of the league having spent time challenging for the playoffs in seasons gone by. Only Partick seem to be a team consistently up there in the top 4. Hopefully the additional revenue from finishing 2nd and the experience of being in a title fight can give the club a boost to crack on and see what we can do. Obviously nothing is decided yet on what league we'll be in but should we end up playing Championship football next season it's going to be another b*****d of a league to get out of - Dunfermline, Falkirk, potentially Partick, Airdrie and who knows maybe a surprise package from another team could make for yet another hugely competitive campaign. 

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Without checking I'd say 92-93, but that was a 44 game season with 2 points for a win.

It was, we won 25. In 94-95 it was 19.

The earlier season obviously there was less incentive or necessity to push for a winner in drawn games, which obviously applied to opponents as much as to us and we did only lose 4 out of 44 - maybe only two or three prior to sealing the title. With 3 pts per win that would have been 90, pro rated to 36 games 73.6. 

Not a fair comparison clearly  and if 3 pts per win I doubt we'd have had all the home draws v Stirling, Hamilton, clydebank etc. Did we beat clydebank at all that season? There's a coincidence there if you look hard enough at it!

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Absolutely. In the past couple of seasons there's been Arbroath and QP going for the league and they've quickly tumbled down the table thereafter. Notable mentions to Ayr and ICT as well who have found themselves down the lower part of the league having spent time challenging for the playoffs in seasons gone by. Only Partick seem to be a team consistently up there in the top 4. Hopefully the additional revenue from finishing 2nd and the experience of being in a title fight can give the club a boost to crack on and see what we can do. Obviously nothing is decided yet on what league we'll be in but should we end up playing Championship football next season it's going to be another b*****d of a league to get out of - Dunfermline, Falkirk, potentially Partick, Airdrie and who knows maybe a surprise package from another team could make for yet another hugely competitive campaign. 

We've got a very strong core of a team in place: I don't think any club would really be willing to part money to take away any of our players under contract.

I think there are a few things which can be equally true right now should we stay down:

-We shouldn't be expecting any downgrading in terms of our squad, and should know where we're looking to improve in certain areas. This isn't a squad where you feel that there are one or two standout players. Nor should we be worried that we're going to lose half our squad due to contracts expiring. 

-The league itself will likely be more of an even playing field next season. Livingston should be weaker than United, but with United we took 7 points from 4 matches. Falkirk will be an improvement on Arbroath, but we've only taken 4 points off Arbroath from 3 matches. Queens Park,if they stay up, will likely be looking at more experienced players. Dunfermline won't have their injury woes. It's unclear how Airdrie/Partick will look. 

-We're highly unlikely to see so many games decided by a single goal. Its also unlikely we'll see as many 90th minute winners. But you'd also expect with that we'll have more wins which are comfortable.

I suspect that next season, the winner will come away with the league with a relatively low points total. 

I'm now wondering why we replaced Gullan with rudden. Gullan was always a good impact sub, and also scored a few important goals for us. Rudden on the other hand, I genuinely can't think of anything he's done that's been worthy of noting.