The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Legitimate question: is Lewis Vaughan the most popular Rovers player of all time?

Probably, but that is most likely down to the methods of communication and promotion available these days as well. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You'd hope they would at least consider moving it to 1pm if it's Ross County we're playing. 

I know you're not naïve enough to think that Sky TV give a shiny shite about anyone who actually wants to attend a game of football in person.

The more awkward it is for us to get to the game, the more likely we are to pay them so we can watch it on TV.  Bullshit.

The EFL Championship play off final is next Sunday as well so I would guess Sky don't want the games to overlap even if the audiences aren't going to have much mutual interest.

Any season ticket holders having trouble accessing Fanbase for Thursdays match ? Having no luck, despite logging in to Fanbase. Any advise, cheers.

9 minutes ago, Del Tom said:

Any season ticket holders having trouble accessing Fanbase for Thursdays match ? Having no luck, despite logging in to Fanbase. Any advise, cheers.

I messaged the club through Facebook and they sorted it out in a few minutes 

33 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I know you're not naïve enough to think that Sky TV give a shiny shite about anyone who actually wants to attend a game of football in person.

The more awkward it is for us to get to the game, the more likely we are to pay them so we can watch it on TV.  Bullshit.

Yeah very true.

I know it's the same for both teams but playing 8pm Thursday and then 12pm Sunday seems a bit much.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah very true.

I know it's the same for both teams but playing 8pm Thursday and then 12pm Sunday seems a bit much.

I'm sure the teams can appeal the decision to request for a later Kick off   

Just now, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

I'm not on face book how else can I get through?

Twitter, or try emailing the club, Slo's etc. Not sure how active they will all be today but should hopefully get back to you at some point today. 

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Legitimate question: is Lewis Vaughan the most popular Rovers player of all time?

Yes.?That photo of him last night is incredible. The way he strolled forward, flicked the ball up into his hands before placing the ball on the spot, Mitchell knew which way that penalty was going and still couldn’t get enough on it to save it. Bloody brilliant.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Absolute dog-shit kick-off times to suit TV is one reason why I won't be too despondent if we don't get promotion.

3pm on a Saturday with half a dozen Friday night games live on free TV is perfection.

12noon on a Sunday is an absolute shite time to watch a football game.

We are in the FINAL, most people are super excited, yet still, Some find something to bitch about. If you don’t like the ko time don’t go. Simple. 
The team don’t need your negativity! 

Nah mate, not having that, I'm a happy clapper, have a trawl back through my posts and you won't find me criticising the Rovers.

There are a few perma-negative bores on here, I'm certainly not one of them.

My post wasn't specifically about the play-off final times, it was about games moved to noon or 5.30 kick-offs, or Sundays for TV which is what you get in the Premier.

If you don't think that's dog-shit then fair enough but I do.

And regarding the play-off final, a 12noon kick-off 3hrs drive away (if it's Ross County) IS dog-shit and if you don't think so that might be your opinion but you're wrong.

I'll be there on Thursday and I'll be there on Sunday if it's in Perth.  I wouldn't make it to Dingwall no matter the KO time but 12noon definitely makes it worse for some.

2 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Nah mate, not having that, I'm a happy clapper, have a trawl back through my posts and you won't find me criticising the Rovers.

There are a few perma-negative bores on here, I'm certainly not one of them.

My post wasn't specifically about the play-off final times, it was about games moved to noon or 5.30 kick-offs, or Sundays for TV which is what you get in the Premier.

If you don't think that's dog-shit then fair enough but I do.

And regarding the play-off final, a 12noon kick-off 3hrs drive away (if it's Ross County) IS dog-shit and if you don't think so that might be your opinion but you're wrong.

I'll be there on Thursday and I'll be there on Sunday if it's in Perth.  I wouldn't make it to Dingwall no matter the KO time but 12noon definitely makes it worse for some.

Not sure there's public transport available that would get you from Kirkcaldy to Dingwall for a 12 ko. In saying that I'm not sure trains will get you to Perth for it either. 

It isn't being negative about us getting to the final to say what you have, it is a terrible time for fans who want to attend the game for a multitude of reasons. 

6 hours ago, Oberon43 said:

I see Sky have scheduled the second leg for 12 noon. Shambles 

6 hours ago, pub car king said:

Oh f**k off, that's an absolute shite time for kick off 

That’s 6AM for me, but at least I don’t have to travel…the Left Coast RaithTV group are f**ked.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You'd hope they would at least consider moving it to 1pm if it's Ross County we're playing. 

Not a hope. The English Championship final is at 3PM…on Sky Sports.

1 hour ago, Rover1883 said:

I'm sure the teams can appeal the decision to request for a later Kick off   

See above.

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Not sure there's public transport available that would get you from Kirkcaldy to Dingwall for a 12 ko. In saying that I'm not sure trains will get you to Perth for it either. 

It isn't being negative about us getting to the final to say what you have, it is a terrible time for fans who want to attend the game for a multitude of reasons. 

Money talks, the fans have to ride an earlier train…what, they cancelled the train, why, then you can watch it on our fine broadcast. After all, it’s just like being there, right?