The New Raith Rovers Thread

image.thumb.png.157a6725ce88229f7cb7f4bfa1743fc6.png

That's all that's left in the North East for Sunday.  Anyone who is even thinking about waiting to see the result on Thursday before buying will almost certainly miss out.

Car pooling is a great idea but unfortunately (well not really because I like it here) I live in Doune so wouldn't be much use to anyone.

Posted (edited)

Barrowman is in the Courier saying they can't find a hotel for the Saturday night due to it being short notice for a bank holiday weekend. 

I know Sky couldn't give one f**k about the supporters but surely the league has some sort of say over these games. It's not fair on either set of fans.

Should be a one off game at a suitable neutral venue at a reasonable time.

Edited by pub car king

21 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Barrowman is in the Courier saying they can't find a hotel for the Saturday night due to it being short notice for a bank holiday weekend. 

I know Sky couldn't give one f**k about the supporters but surely the league has some sort of say over these games. It's not fair on either set of fans.

Should be a one off game at a suitable neutral venue at a reasonable time.

Conspiracy time, uncle Roy probably bought out all local hotels so the team will have to travel up early on Sunday.

2 hours ago, lgb61 said:

Aye a collection of wee villages full of B&Bs and overpriced hotels because 'it's the Highlands'

Folk should support their local team I agree, good for you.

It's a Bank Holiday weekend down here and also half term, so will likely be occupied by people doing the NC500 or similar unfortunately. 

I suppose if we were playing a central belt team then these issues would not really materialise to the same extent, albeit the provision of rail services is an embarrassment to developed country. 

34 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Conspiracy time, uncle Roy probably bought out all local hotels so the team will have to travel up early on Sunday.

I don’t know what I’m missing but do people realise that Inverness is a mere 15 miles away and are awash with cheap hotels?

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I don’t know what I’m missing but do people realise that Inverness is a mere 15 miles away and are awash with cheap hotels?

Certainly not cheap ones.

I think the main issue is they want to book somewhere for about 30-40 people by the time you include the players, staff and BoD.  Not many places will be able to accommodate that at such short notice.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lgb61 said:

Aye a collection of wee villages full of B&Bs and overpriced hotels because 'it's the Highlands'

Folk should support their local team I agree, good for you.

More than a few - I was sitting beside someone from Ullapool on the north west coast on Sat on one side of me and someone from Thurso in Caithness on the other side at Saturday’s game. County’s geographical catchment area is huge and the population more than you seem to imagine. But dinny worry Fifer, we all know that the world really revolves around Kirkcaldy. Hell, even your B+B’s are reasonably priced. 

Good on you for supporting your local team instead of one of the Bigot Brothers 💪. Hope we hammer you though, although I must confess I’m not too confident…

Enjoy your trip North.

Edited by Lanky Highlander
Typo

29 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's a Bank Holiday weekend down here and also half term, so will likely be occupied by people doing the NC500 or similar unfortunately. 

I suppose if we were playing a central belt team then these issues would not really materialise to the same extent, albeit the provision of rail services is an embarrassment to developed country. 

🤣🤣🤣. Wait, is ‘Murica considered a developed country? I checked about getting from Denton, TX to Norman, OK (suitably chosen to represent outlying towns from larger metro areas, and 150 or so miles apart). Roughly translating to UK locations…it would be Bus from Kirkcaldy to near Edinburgh Airport, walk a half mile to take a Tram to Edinburgh Waverley, local train to Glasgow Queen Street, express train to Inverness, walk to the bus station, bus to Dingwall. One train a day does the trip 1700-2030…

Just saying, of course it’s because it’s a just over 2 hour drive.

23 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

It's the start of summer. Not a chance you will find a cheap hotel in Inverness. Most of them are probably fully booked for months in advance already. It's no surprise they've not been able to find a hotel for all the players and staff etc with a weeks notice.

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'm I losing the plot here because I'm considering a 9 hour drive for this game which is going to be on the telly anyway.

Heid is buzzin wi mibbees aye....mibbees naw!!

Are both legged to be televised.....and if so will either be on Cooncil Telly?

Thank you

9 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Heid is buzzin wi mibbees aye....mibbees naw!!

Are both legged to be televised.....and if so will either be on Cooncil Telly?

Thank you

Both legs televised, but both on Sky Sports.

17 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'm I losing the plot here because I'm considering a 9 hour drive for this game which is going to be on the telly anyway.

Nope.

I was 23 the last time we won promotion to the Premier. If it takes another 29 years I'll be 81 so there's no way any Rovers fan should want to miss this.

22 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Oh the irony 😂😂

Exactly.  Thugs?  NorthWest members that booted hell out of a disabled lad at the Fife derby there.  Flares?  Remember several thrown on the pitch to delay the game at the last Fife derby there.

Glass houses.

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

Nope.

I was 23 the last time we won promotion to the Premier. If it takes another 29 years I'll be 81 so there's no way any Rovers fan should want to miss this.

I would have been about 16 when we were last in the top league.

It was also around this time Scotland stopped qualifying for things as well, perhaps the 2 are connected in some way.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

21 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Nope.

.....and I was 52!!!!  Now 81.......in very good nick......bit....cannae wait much longer!!

I was born in the mid/late nineties. Suffice to say, seeing the Rovers in the top flight is an alien concept to me- just a year in the division will do!

Win or lose, this season has been an absolute blast and it's amazing to see the strides the club has taken over the last couple of years, this season has been way up there for enjoyment.

It's a far cry from the days of when I first started going to Starks Park. Then again, the first season where I was going to games somewhat regularly was 04-05, so it could only ever improve from there.