The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, mrraith71 said:

It’s clear some of you have taken a dislike to Corr and after a discussion on the bus today was disgusted that fellow fans don’t like the laddie because he came from Celtic! 

That's some hill for them to die on.

Celtic starlet Regan Hendry wanted by Norwich City | The Scottish Sun

3 hours ago, mrraith71 said:

It’s clear some of you have taken a dislike to Corr and after a discussion on the bus today was disgusted that fellow fans don’t like the laddie because he came from Celtic! 

Hes not stepped a foot wrong since coming in. None of the recent goals came from him. He can get back and is vocal. He’s playing with a dislocated shoulder and still looked like a great player who handled Murray well! 

We don’t seem to be addressing the mistakes our “experienced” players are making week in, week out. 

I wish the laddie great success for next season and hope some of you are testing your words if he doesn’t stay with us and plays against us next season. 

Nothing personal about my opinion on Corr as you are suggesting and couldn't give a f**k if he played for Celtic. One of our most popular players of recent times was signed from Celtic so that's not the reason why people don't rate him. Wild that you can say he hasn't been at fault for any goals recently and hasn't put a foot wrong. He loses his man at nearly every cross. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

No idea how well that would come over to players. Hey player A, if we stay in the Championship we want you, but you're not good enough for the top league, sorry. I think my reaction would be to say jog on and go elsewhere if I were offered that.

The alternative is no different though. If you wait until you lose the play-offs the players you then offer contracts too are fully aware that you only now want them because you failed to get promoted and that you think they aren't Premiership standard, it's the same end result except you're weeks/months behind competitors and may already have lost out on potential signings.

I don't think it would make any difference, players will go where they get offered the best chance of promotion and get the most money. On paper Raith seem the best bet in the Championship for both at the moment so any player turning that down because it dented their ego is cutting their nose off to spite their face. Someone like Fordyce for example knows fine well he isn't Premiership quality so is hardly going to take it personally that you'd only want him if you stay down.

Any club, let alone one with aspirations like Raith, who sits around until 3 weeks after the season has finished before putting offers into players is being pretty negligent.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Fordyce is an interesting one for you guys. We signed him from Livi in 2015/16 and immediately made him captain, however he suffered a bad leg break at home to Ayr in the September and I don't think he featured until a little cameo at the end of the season. We won promotion and the next season he was back in the team but looked shot of confidence and despite coming through pre-season just didn't look fit. He ended up only playing 13 times that season before being released at the end of the season.

I was worried he'd just slip down the leagues but went on to have a good spell at QoS before his stint at Airdrie where he's really looked back to his best even if looking a big leggy this season.

I always look back on his spell with us fondly but he only actually made 26 appearances over two seasons. He's a great guy so delighted for him if he's getting that chance, he will definitely strengthen your defence. 

3 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

Megwa would be a good signing at RB imo. Although new Hibs manager many want to give him a chance. 

In a heart beat he'd really suit how we can play. 

I fear Airdrie are going to be stripped for players a bit like road kill with the vultures circling. 

It’s mental the take some people have on Corr. He got some time pre-season, got injured and then was buried until the last seven matches of the season/playoffs. During that seven games he started despite having a strapped up shoulder…and helped us get to the playoff finals. All this on top of playing in the Lowland League last year. Did he make mistakes, yes he did…but the majority of the time he was calm, composed and did the job we needed.

14 matches, for a total of 977 minutes! Seven of those games have been since 19 April, totaling over half his minutes.

If he can effectively start with that little playing experience all season, he’s EXACTLY what we need/want. He has the speed that our more senior signed CB lacks, he has experience with IM’s system, and he’s plenty good at this level. And for those saying we need players capable that the next level, no, we don’t need (and can’t afford) that right now.

We need good Championship level players, especially younger ones, that we can evaluate for the ability to raise their game if we get promoted. I think Corr meets that standard, will be re-signed and will start at least 33% of the games next year (especially if we switch to 3 CB).

9 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Fordyce is an interesting one for you guys. We signed him from Livi in 2015/16 and immediately made him captain, however he suffered a bad leg break at home to Ayr in the September and I don't think he featured until a little cameo at the end of the season. We won promotion and the next season he was back in the team but looked shot of confidence and despite coming through pre-season just didn't look fit. He ended up only playing 13 times that season before being released at the end of the season.

I was worried he'd just slip down the leagues but went on to have a good spell at QoS before his stint at Airdrie where he's really looked back to his best even if looking a big leggy this season.

I always look back on his spell with us fondly but he only actually made 26 appearances over two seasons. He's a great guy so delighted for him if he's getting that chance, he will definitely strengthen your defence. 

Pretty sure he would’ve been 2nd place in our player of the year voting. An unbelievable loss for us which I fear could see us slip down a good few positions in the league.

4 hours ago, mrraith71 said:

Hes not stepped a foot wrong since coming in

If you fancy go have a look at your match thread against County, to make it easier search "Corr" and you'll have posts from multiple neutral fans not impressed with him. 

It's got heehaw to do with who he used to play for, and everything to do with him playing pretty poorly over the two legs. 

39 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

If you fancy go have a look at your match thread against County, to make it easier search "Corr" and you'll have posts from multiple neutral fans not impressed with him. 

It's got heehaw to do with who he used to play for, and everything to do with him playing pretty poorly over the two legs. 

He did struggle in the two games against 2 very street wise and decent attackers in Murray and white, he is a young guy who will only get better imo and we should look to keep hold of and develop 

Corr’s unfortunate in that the club’s/fans’ expectations have rocketed since he joined and we now need guys who can be title or play-off winning quality.

Someone like Shaun Dennis when he broke through as a youngster was playing in a mid-table side with minimal expectations so could learn from any mistakes without too much scrutiny.

I’d try to keep Corr due to the fact we have developed him for the last year but he wouldn’t be a starter for me. If he views himself as good enough to be a regular elsewhere then he might decide to try his luck at an Ayr, Morton, Hamilton or ICT.

53 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

You’re the worst 🤣🤣🤣 nob by name nob by nature 

16 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Corr’s unfortunate in that the club’s/fans’ expectations have rocketed since he joined and we now need guys who can be title or play-off winning quality.

Someone like Shaun Dennis when he broke through as a youngster was playing in a mid-table side with minimal expectations so could learn from any mistakes without too much scrutiny.

I’d try to keep Corr due to the fact we have developed him for the last year but he wouldn’t be a starter for me. If he views himself as good enough to be a regular elsewhere then he might decide to try his luck at an Ayr, Morton, Hamilton or ICT.

My thoughts as well. He'll end up like Gullan in that Murray might want him to stay but can't guarantee him game time next season and he'll probably want to chance his luck elsewhere. If he stays fair enough but I wouldn't have him as a starting centre back. If he goes well I don't think it'll be something we'll regret. 

Just had a little nosy on the Airdrie thread.

There's a post on there suggests that Fordyce took training a lot of the time and actually organised their set pieces. 

We couldn't lay a glove on Airdire this year so perhaps he's being brought in for that reason as well is needing solid defenders. 

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Two legs against opponents from the division above, and directly against a player than multiple other teams in that same higher division have interest in? A player than multiple fans posted should be looking at playing at a higher level (e.g. England).

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

That's some hill for them to die on.

Celtic starlet Regan Hendry wanted by Norwich City | The Scottish Sun

If Celtic have anymore of these we’ll take two. Can’t say I’ve ever experienced much openly expressed sympathy with either side of the Old Firm at Rovers games, maybe the odd wee muppet in the young team and that guy with the flag but that’s about it, oh and Drysdale giving players away 🙄

Definitely needing a changes in the back 4 and a striker along with a replacement for Easton as he’s surely off. Don’t think Rudden is the right man, did a job for us but ultimately not better than what we’ve got. Watson could well hang his boots up and while he’s still decent he’s far too injury prone. Murray still able to do a job at this level and Dick was solid enough but they’ll depend on who we bring in. On Corr I’m not really sure thought early on he looked a bit shacky at times but obviously still young and gaining experience, he then picked up an injury and wasn’t really in the starting 11 even when fit. Came back last few games and did a decent job for us.  If he stays it’ll likely be as back up unless he improves but obviously still young enough to maybe make the step up with a bit of experience. Will he want to sit on the bench though of will he want stating 11 still only 19 so perhaps stay and learn. 

2 hours ago, Railwaystand said:

Megwa would be a good signing at RB imo. Although new Hibs manager many want to give him a chance. 

Megwa will be in Hibs team next season, so no chance. I would take Kerr though.