The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I don't think we should ever see things that way. If for example we don't go up next season or whatever, we'll look back on this as a "what might have been" more than anything else.

Would it have been tough ? Yes. Favourites for relegation? Probably. Would it be better to be in the Championship? Not even close, no. 

If you offered me promotion right now I'd bite your hand off. I was there when we went down the last time and never expected to wait almost 30 years before we got close to being back. 

However I think the jump up is probably higher than it's ever been certainly a bigger jump than it was in the 90s. 

Ultimately the club want to be in the top league and to stay there. If it takes another year to get there but that we're in a stronger position to stay up once we get up then perhaps it'll be better in the long run. 

4 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The RB isn’t a natural RB he’s a midfielder who got put there 

So is ours but he is way better than the lad you have there 

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

As a neutral who watched both games (hoping for a Raith win) I thought you were poor in the first game. Thought the exclusion of Easton was mystifying as for me he is your best attacking player by far. Despite not playing well there wasn't much in it. Second game - it is daft to say but for long spells you played much better than at Starks and in all honesty the score flattered County. They took their chances clinically and you really lacked a central striker who could "lead the line" effectively. Vaughan is a decent player but Messrs Hamilton and Rudden are miles off required standard. Simon Murray was effectively the difference between the teams but it was never a 0-4 but sadly that's football. 

Spot on with everything

Just watched the second leg highlights.

Sorry, the match thread appears to have disappeared.

Very brave header from Murray for the opener. Could well have battered his noggin off the post.

4 hours ago, HoBNob said:

If the poster had said that Corr had struggled against a very good player I would've agreed Tx, to say that he didn't put a foot wrong is daft thiugh. 

But I didn’t say he didn’t put a foot wrong, just that people are slating him when he was up against Murray much of the time. That’s not saying he didn’t have mistakes, all players have mistakes, but he’s also still very raw but looks quite promising, IMO.

3 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

Not sure i agree with this. Raith were not to far behind Dundee UTD , but have been promoted. by this UTD should get gubbed every week ? Thats not going to happen is it? 

The games between ourselves and United were very close (apart from the last game at Tannadice, we were crap). I think there is a reason they have left 16 players go, they know their current squad is no where near good enough. If they kept the same squad they would be heading straigh back down.

2 hours ago, BPM said:

So is ours but he is way better than the lad you have there 

Just like we found out over the two RC games, you’ll find out with the Championship that it’s a sizeable jump up.

I expect Falkirk to have a good season however your 5/6 year hiatus from the league and ‘invincible’ season has a number of you overestimating your squad.

The Pars kept largely the same squad from their convincing league 1 campaign (that involved horsing you) and ended up 3 points from the relegation playoff.

Lots of ins and out to happen for all teams this summer and lots can happen but I don’t envisage any cannon fodder this time around like previous seasons. 

8 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Just like we found out over the two RC games, you’ll find out with the Championship that it’s a sizeable jump up.

I expect Falkirk to have a good season however your 5/6 year hiatus from the league and ‘invincible’ season has a number of you overestimating your squad.

The Pars kept largely the same squad from their convincing league 1 campaign (that involved horsing you) and ended up 3 points from the relegation playoff.

Lots of ins and out to happen for all teams this summer and lots can happen but I don’t envisage any cannon fodder this time around like previous seasons. 

I am certainly not over estimating our squad. I look at the Championship and see players like Liam Dick, Aaron Muirhead, Cameron Blues, and Charlie Telfer being regulars at teams near the top of the league and realise the standard is not as great as you are making out. 
We have a settled squad, we have lots of pace, a physical presence and quality in there. IF we can steer clear of injuries I see no reason why we should not be very competitive even without adding anyone. 

39 minutes ago, BPM said:

I am certainly not over estimating our squad. I look at the Championship and see players like Liam Dick, Aaron Muirhead, Cameron Blues, and Charlie Telfer being regulars at teams near the top of the league and realise the standard is not as great as you are making out. 
We have a settled squad, we have lots of pace, a physical presence and quality in there. IF we can steer clear of injuries I see no reason why we should not be very competitive even without adding anyone. 

That’s me away to fire the mortgage on Falkirk winning the league 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Will be interesting to see how Falkirk do this season, a team crafted in Kirkcaldy with our ex manager and several players there. Morrison definitely a player to watch 

4 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Will be interesting to see how Falkirk do this season, a team crafted in Kirkcaldy with our ex manager and several players there. Morrison definitely a player to watch 

I expect them to be in the playoffs at least, good team

9 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

They'll need a handful of good signings. The likes of Lang and Mackie aren't going to get you anywhere fast.

8 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

I expect them to be in the playoffs at least, good team

Undoubtably they’ll be in the play offs, I expect them to get off to a very strong start. Anyway, that’s enough Falkirk chat for this thread.

Posted (edited)

Hi folks, I am following up on the idea to write to local representatives to try and prevent the ban on artificial pitches in Scottish Premiership. This idea has the support of the club.

If you read the Consultation paper, it is crystal clear that the ban is unfair and regressive - the recommendations for ensuring quality artificial pitches are sound.

Numbers and momentum is everything, so please, please do email (if you have 5 minutes for reading nonsense on P&B you have 2 mins to send two emails!). I recommend sending two emails, one to your MSP and one to your councillor/council lead.

I have created a draft email to copy and paste. I have also included instructions for who to email if in Kirkcaldy and how to find who to email if not. Thanks folks.

EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: RE: Potential ban of artificial surfaces in the Scottish Premiership

Dear NAME OF MSP/COUNCILLOR,

Purpose of writing

I am writing to raise concerns about the potential ban of artificial surfaces in the Scottish Premiership. There is a proposed vote taking place in the coming weeks. This vote will only be open to current Premiership clubs with the vote being for a blanket ban of artificial surfaces from season 2026/27.

Facts of the case

I would like to draw your attention to this joint statement provided by several clubs who presently have artificial surfaces (Raith Rovers, Falkirk, Queen of the South and Hamilton Academical), and especially to the detailed position paper which sets out a series of arguments and recommendations to allow artificial surfaces to continue to be used. The joint statement is here: https://www.raithrovers.net/artificial-pitch-statement; the consultation paper is here (created by the four aforementioned clubs alongside Airdrieonians and Cove Rangers): https://online.publuu.com/516411/1157872

Key points: Artificial surfaces are permitted at the very pinnacle of the game, being used in Champions League fixtures. There is therefore no good argument for banning them with regards to quality. Banning artificial surfaces would have a deleterious effect on sporting integrity and, most importantly, have a devastating impact on various clubs’ capacity to act as a sustainable community hub, providing a basis for boys, girls and women’s football to thrive.

Request

I would like to request:

a) Public support of the consultation paper and to advocate that a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

b) That this issue is raised with appropriate senior ministers with the request to support the consultation paper and to advocate that a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

c) Raising the issue directly with the SPFL, the Scottish football governing body, to advocate that the consultation paper’s recommendations be accepted and a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

Yours Sincerely,

YOUR FULL NAME:

YOUR HOME ADDRESS:

Find your MSP here: https://www.parliament.scot/msps; find your local councillor here: https://www.gov.uk/find-your-local-councillors

For Rovers fans in Kirkcaldy I recommend contacting a) David Torrance, MSP for Kirkcaldy here: David.Torrance.msp@parliament.scot and b) Cllr. David Ross, who is leader of Fife Council and represents Kirkcaldy North, here: cllr.david.ross@fife.gov.uk For Rovers fans, here is the link to Fife councillors:  https://www.fife.gov.uk/kb/docs/articles/about-your-council2/politicians-and-committees/your-local-councillors/councillor;

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL