The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Was that not your mantra from season just ended, as your targets turned you down one by one?

Fair point...................although every time we were linked with a player so were Raith, so I refused to get even remotely excited as I knew what was coming.

Thanks for all the comments folks, it's good to know I'm not the only one who feels like this.

I had planned on contacting the SLO about it but wanted to get a feel on here about whether I was alone in thinking this- obviously not.

Unfortunately I agree that stewards are never going to do anything- they'll be on minimum wage so not worth it for them to risk getting verbal abuse or worse.

There was even a policeman arguing with them about standing in the stairwell and I don't think they were listening to him so a steward has no chance!

Bringing back terracing is a good thought and would certainly solve the problem, not likely to happen though.  We sat in the main stand as kids while the radgies stood behind the goal.  I agree that it's now the worst of all worlds though- allocated seating should make it better but at the moment it's not helping.

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A straightforward solution would be for clubs to allow for away teams to handle ticket sales. That way, a singing section can get allocated and allow for the whole situation to be avoided. 

There's very little to be gained for stewards on the front of asking people to move - they're likely to get abuse from it and things kick off with the chance it might get physical. It's not what people will want to hear, it isn't fair or right, but it's likely true. 

Unless we can make young lads follow rules then I think this is the only way to get over this situation.

Hopefully clubs can get together and sort something out, even if it is just to say "singing section in block X" ahead of tickets being released.

If it stays like it is it will definitely be putting off some folks with younger kids.

1 hour ago, North West said:

Put you mugwamps in your place before being promoted to this league. Will do so again this season with that fud you still have in charge of your team.

What ? Speak English please 

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Look at my original post 24 points behind us , Pars 3 points off relegation playoffs and your having a go at the Rovers for losing in the play off final 😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Basher, The guy is an idiot!!! Says nowt about fiba...slavers waaash about his crocked dunfermalino.......if he was even funny.....great fun at a party.....ahemm!!

41 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Indeed. We had no reason to believe we were / are actually after Chalmers but here we are, disappointed that we've not got him and that he's gone to a rival  - Partick - or an also-ran - the Pars.

Gonna be a long close season...

Only reasons any of us think we are after him is a) he is free b) his dad liked a comment on the rover’s Facebook page saying he had agreed a pca . In reality nobody knows anything 

22 minutes ago, basher brash said:

What ? Speak English please 

Again!!! The guy is an utter FUD!!

Blocked him having decided what his psychologial situation is!!

Hope this helps....he is clearly a waste of space.......great fun at a party!!

13 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Thanks for all the comments folks, it's good to know I'm not the only one who feels like this.

I had planned on contacting the SLO about it but wanted to get a feel on here about whether I was alone in thinking this- obviously not.

Unfortunately I agree that stewards are never going to do anything- they'll be on minimum wage so not worth it for them to risk getting verbal abuse or worse.

There was even a policeman arguing with them about standing in the stairwell and I don't think they were listening to him so a steward has no chance!

Bringing back terracing is a good thought and would certainly solve the problem, not likely to happen though.  We sat in the main stand as kids while the radgies stood behind the goal.  I agree that it's now the worst of all worlds though- allocated seating should make it better but at the moment it's not helping.

Unless we can make young lads follow rules then I think this is the only way to get over this situation.

Hopefully clubs can get together and sort something out, even if it is just to say "singing section in block X" ahead of tickets being released.

If it stays like it is it will definitely be putting off some folks with younger kids.

Sorry to see you had this issue on Sunday. 

The easiest way in the short term to improve things is more direction from the club, as to where to buy tickets; ie Singing section up the back or a certain block, family section at the opposite end of the stand.

I get that people feel its rewarding bad behaviour to set up singing sections, but to me if it reduces overcrowding then its easier to police, and should reduce more serious issues like stairs being blocked. Plus you can avoid that area if you know where it is and don't want to be in it.

1 minute ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Sorry to see you had this issue on Sunday. 

The easiest way in the short term to improve things is more direction from the club, as to where to buy tickets; ie Singing section up the back or a certain block, family section at the opposite end of the stand.

I get that people feel its rewarding bad behaviour to set up singing sections, but to me if it reduces overcrowding then its easier to police, and should reduce more serious issues like stairs being blocked. Plus you can avoid that area if you know where it is and don't want to be in it.

Getting them to sit in the right seats is a bit of a minefield. 

However loitering in the stairway is not only a pain in the arse but a safety issue. That is an easy win either move or you're getting ejected and that is on the club and the stewarding to deal with. 

If they've been asked and not complying then the police can assist at that point. 

14 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Basher, The guy is an idiot!!! Says nowt about fiba...slavers waaash about his crocked dunfermalino.......if he was even funny.....great fun at a party.....ahemm!!

Crawling up a Falkirk fans shect pipe, where's your pride min 😆 

56 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Indeed. We had no reason to believe we were / are actually after Chalmers but here we are, disappointed that we've not got him and that he's gone to a rival  - Partick - or an also-ran - the Pars.

Gonna be a long close season...

Players that are genuinely good at this level are in short supply, so them signing for other teams in the league will always be a little disappointing. 

Iv said a bit in the past about my experience of the singing section so I won't add to that. The club has bent over backwards, pissing off long term fans off though to accommodate them as they do undoubtedly add something. Do the positives outweigh the negatives, I'm not so sure as it currently stands. Flares, pitch invasions & broken seats are just a few of the issues the club face with it. 

If you put the singing section down behind the goals you also have around 4/5/6 rows behind which will be affected due to them all standing on the seats etc, creating a reverse domino effect. Where do you put it? Imo it's best up the back of the stand. It does however throw up the pissing off long term fans aspect again and if they start throwing flares, there's more potential to hit fans with them. I do think whatever happens with it the club needs to have better communication with the fans who will be displaced. Easy to say no one will at this stage with no one having a season ticket for next season however people have sat in certain seats for years, decades etc so it isn't really true. 

31 minutes ago, North West said:

Crawling up a Falkirk fans shect pipe, where's your pride min 😆 

I think your reply was to a Rovers post, not a Falkirk one, which has probably caused the confusion. 

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Iv said a bit in the past about my experience of the singing section so I won't add to that. The club has bent over backwards, pissing off long term fans off though to accommodate them as they do undoubtedly add something. Do the positives outweigh the negatives, I'm not so sure as it currently stands. Flares, pitch invasions & broken seats are just a few of the issues the club face with it. 

If you put the singing section down behind the goals you also have around 4/5/6 rows behind which will be affected due to them all standing on the seats etc, creating a reverse domino effect. Where do you put it? Imo it's best up the back of the stand. It does however throw up the pissing off long term fans aspect again and if they start throwing flares, there's more potential to hit fans with them. I do think whatever happens with it the club needs to have better communication with the fans who will be displaced. Easy to say no one will at this stage with no one having a season ticket for next season however people have sat in certain seats for years, decades etc so it isn't really true. 

Pap them in the narrow section closest to the Railway stand, I don't think many folk have Season Tickets in that part (could be wrong). It cannot be difficult to identify the ones with flares before they throw them, we have CCTV and we have stewards/police watching them. The concern is that if they antagonize or annoy the wrong people, it'll escalate and likely become a police matter at that point. 

They do bring an atmosphere (until we go a goal down) and its genuinely great to see such an interest in the club, but at what cost, where does the line get drawn? 

Stark’s Park can be a bit like a library at times, even with the big crowds we’ve had last season, we should be doing what we can to generate a bit of noise, create an atmosphere.

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Pap them in the narrow section closest to the Railway stand, I don't think many folk have Season Tickets in that part (could be wrong).

We have season tickets there.

23 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

We have season tickets there.

There's season tickets everywhere which is the problem with finding them a home. It's going to annoy people who are forced to move. Which is why I think the club need to communicate it all a bit better to those who are put in that position next season. 

35 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Stark’s Park can be a bit like a library at times, even with the big crowds we’ve had last season, we should be doing what we can to generate a bit of noise, create an atmosphere.

Very much this

Not sitting in their allocated seat isn,t only the YT,its a fair % of our crowd who cant read the seat number on their ticket

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

Very much this

Not sitting in their allocated seat isn,t only the YT,its a fair % of our crowd who cant read the seat number on their ticket

I think giving English lessons is probably going to stretch our budget tbh.