The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, mrraith71 said:

Yeah he was decent in that game but not so much the rest of the season 

He missed exactly THREE games all season, and started every other match for the team that; finished second by a huge margin, was competing for first until April, and exceeded all expectations. This is a pretty common theme here, and is likely based upon some rose tinted recollections of a player like Tumilty rampaging down his wing while discounting the massive liability player that offensively minded player like that tend to be at their primary role.

Meanwhile, IMO, we have the best Dick in the league,  and quite possibly the best Dick in football these days.

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm hoping any midfielder signed will have a presence about him. Someone that can win the aerial battle fron Dabrowski's kicks or opposition keepers to keep pressure on the opposition. 

Cant see Turner being released from County and saw Telfer as a good replacement. But yeah your right that was a little problem last season 

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He missed exactly THREE games all season, and started every other match for the team that; finished second by a huge margin, was competing for first until April, and exceeded all expectations. This is a pretty common theme here, and is likely based upon some rose tinted recollections of a player like Tumilty rampaging down his wing while discounting the massive liability player that offensively minded player like that tend to be at their primary role.

Meanwhile, IMO, we have the best Dick in the league,  and quite possibly the best Dick in football these days.

Honest question Tx but do you think about dick a lot ?😉😂😂

5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Cant see Turner being released from County and saw Telfer as a good replacement. But yeah your right that was a little problem last season 

I'm thinking Turner will be allowed to leave to free up a wage. He was allowed out on loan albeit a different manager but I'm thinking Cowie will have his own targets potentially from down south.

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm thinking Turner will be allowed to leave to free up a wage. He was allowed out on loan albeit a different manager but I'm thinking Cowie will have his own targets potentially from down south.

Fingers crossed for that to happen

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Your attendance stats are impressive, there's no getting away from that.

Us (& Airdrie) replacing Cove & Hamilton would surely explain a chunk of the overall increase as well. 

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Dundee United would have larger crowds than Dundee aswell I think. 

That's fair, but at the same time we've seen a big increase in our matches against less attractive matches such as the likes of Morton. 

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That's fair, but at the same time we've seen a big increase in our matches against less attractive matches such as the likes of Morton. 

Less attractive? Downright ugly.

32 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It isn't rose tinted specs with me, I just don't think he's actually as good at defending as others do. He rarely stops the cross, can get caught for pace or a quick one two etc. I wouldn't be unhappy if we keep him as he is a decent enough championship defender but I do think we can improve on and must improve on him and our past couple seasons rbs if we want to really have a go at winning the league next season. He really doesn't offer much going forward though, he either lumps it aimlessly long or turns back and plays it to the cb the majority of the time. Which would be fine if we didn't have the central midfielders who want the ball and can actually take the ball and move it on 20 yards, but we do. 

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It isn't rose tinted specs with me, I just don't think he's actually as good at defending as others do. He rarely stops the cross, can get caught for pace or a quick one two etc. I wouldn't be unhappy if we keep him as he is a decent enough championship defender but I do think we can improve on and must improve on him and our past couple seasons rbs if we want to really have a go at winning the league next season. He really doesn't offer much going forward though, he either lumps it aimlessly long or turns back and plays it to the cb the majority of the time. Which would be fine if we didn't have the central midfielders who want the ball and can actually take the ball and move it on 20 yards, but we do. 

I'm with you, he isn't a bad Championship defender but there's better out there. Too many crosses come on without the player being closed down. We also constantly see a lumped ball put up field to a small striker or winger. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Apologies I wasn't meaning anything by your crowds, I was talking specifically about the line where it says championship crowds have increased by so many. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Your attendance stats are impressive, there's no getting away from that.

Us (& Airdrie) replacing Cove & Hamilton would surely explain a chunk of the overall increase as well. 

3 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Dundee United would have larger crowds than Dundee aswell I think. 

And we thank you for your £24 each time you visited us this season. But yes a few teams would have helped that average attendance. Equally we can only play who is in front of us. I’m confident if either of our teams went up a level we would of course have increased crowds. 

interesting to see we were the 14th best supported club and we ended up 14th, pars 11th and Falkirk 12th 

Edited by Offshore Rover

I honestly don’t think turner will sign. He will be looking for a team closer to home going by his interview of “personal” matters 

I really liked him when he played in the right position. A real asset to the team and was missed in the county games