The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Heard he was on a decent wage at Raith? I think his contract expires tomorrow so you never know might be announced in the next day or two. I don't see us bringing in many most of the squad are signed up already, talk is Dylan Tait from Hibs, Ross (possibly) Harry Stone loan from Hearts and maybe another Hanlon has been mooted. 

Aye one of McGlynns super dooper cock up wage structure players, glad hes off the books now as he was a very costly mistake, at least Aberdeen wont see anything for him now     

11 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Heard he was on a decent wage at Raith? I think his contract expires tomorrow so you never know might be announced in the next day or two. I don't see us bringing in many most of the squad are signed up already, talk is Dylan Tait from Hibs, Ross (possibly) Harry Stone loan from Hearts and maybe another Hanlon has been mooted. 

Imo, I won’t be surprised Hanlon rocks up at us now Stevenson has signed, best pals off the pitch and I’m sure they’ve got stuff outside of football together as well but it’ll be interesting to see where he ends up 

9 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Would like if this can get sorted.

Hibs seem to be taking their time at a crucial stage.

IMG_4459.png

David Gray is surely the best for Hibs. Never let them down in the four interim periods in charge. In with the bricks. Club legend for the winning cup final goal. Just gie him the job and leave us alone and gie us peace.😊

Just now, embow said:

David Gray is surely the best for Hibs. Never let them down in the four interim periods in charge. In with the bricks. Club legend for the winning cup final goal. Just gie him the job and leave us alone and gie us peace.😊

I know.

I've watched Murray’s odds be slashed from an initial 16/1 down to 8/1 then 5/1 and as of today 7/4 favourite 😞

At least we’ll get decent coin from the 2.5 years left on his contract if it does happen. 

1 minute ago, embow said:

I think it’ll be Gray that gets the Hibs job, no doubt Murray could do a job for them and work with a DOF but is he anymore likely than Gray to get the fans excited? Unlikely. Murray has attracted interest and is likely to be linked with upcoming Premiership clubs vacancies and if one comes in for him he’ll likely be away but at least we’ll get compensated as he’s on a contract.  Nothing we can do about it, like Airdrie he’ll see us as a stepping stone to bigger things. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I know.

I've watched Murray’s odds be slashed from an initial 16/1 down to 8/1 then 5/1 and as of today 7/4 favourite 😞

At least we’ll get decent coin from the 2.5 years left on his contract if it does happen. 

Bookies trying to make money as always.  If it does come to fruition,  we'll be knocking on Airdries door again for his apprentice 😂😂

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

51 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm guessing at Cammy Kerr.

Was about to say I wouldn’t want another 30+ defender in…thankfully had a wee check and was shocked he’s only 28. 
Still under contract with Dundee as well.
Would still rather see a younger player come in.Sure Potter will be pestering someone.

2 minutes ago, North West said:

Murray will go in a heartbeat if Hibees come knocking. No contest.

I agree but probably in the minority here when I say ,I really dont see The Hibees knocking

24 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Imo, I won’t be surprised Hanlon rocks up at us now Stevenson has signed, best pals off the pitch and I’m sure they’ve got stuff outside of football together as well but it’ll be interesting to see where he ends up 

I wouldn't expect him to sign with us as we already have our starting centre back pairing in Donaldson & Lang.

A Montrose fan was on our thread the other day saying Luke Graham was signing with us or yourselves on loan from Dundee. That was more plausible than Hanlon.

48 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Thank gawd for that, at long last hes signed, I  thought he had dissapeared into a black hole beside Gary Glen 😂😂😂

When is the Coldplay gig getting announced? 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Honest question Tx but do you think about dick a lot ?😉😂😂

At season's end, Rovers fans minds turn to Dick.

5 hours ago, grumswall said:

It isn't rose tinted specs with me, I just don't think he's actually as good at defending as others do. He rarely stops the cross, can get caught for pace or a quick one two etc. I wouldn't be unhappy if we keep him as he is a decent enough championship defender but I do think we can improve on and must improve on him and our past couple seasons rbs if we want to really have a go at winning the league next season. He really doesn't offer much going forward though, he either lumps it aimlessly long or turns back and plays it to the cb the majority of the time. Which would be fine if we didn't have the central midfielders who want the ball and can actually take the ball and move it on 20 yards, but we do. 

That's not entirely unfair, but the point stands that he was one of the primary rocks this season was built on. Yes, we fell short...yes, he can be better...but until we have a better player in the barn, he's a pretty good player to ride (insert Kenneth gif here).

Edited by TxRover

30 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I wouldn't expect him to sign with us as we already have our starting centre back pairing in Donaldson & Lang.

A Montrose fan was on our thread the other day saying Luke Graham was signing with us or yourselves on loan from Dundee. That was more plausible than Hanlon.

Genuinely, McGlynn would be fucking mental not to sign Paul Hanlon on the basis of already having Tom Lang and Coll Donaldson as starters. Absolutely fucking mental. 

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

At season's end, Rovers fans minds turn to Dick.

That's not entirely unfair, but the point stands that he was one of the primary rocks this season was built on. Yes, we fell short...yes, he can be better...but until we have a batter player in the barn, he's a pretty good player to ride (insert Kenneth gif here).

I'm going to have to ignore the batter player in the barn as it's went straight over my head. We do have a proven better lb now in Stevenson though. 

Our defence was also pretty bad for the first half of the season with the majority of goals coming from out wide with balls in to the box. We've got Fordyce to help deal with that as well as Lewis now. Good business done so far imo. 

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Genuinely, McGlynn would be fucking mental not to sign Paul Hanlon on the basis of already having Tom Lang and Coll Donaldson as starters. Absolutely fucking mental. 

Yup I’ve said before a number of them think their squad is better than reality. That’s what playing against Paul the plumber and John the joiner for 5 years will do.

So the question with Stevenson, is what position is he signed for? Recently seen at LM, CM and LB. We know he's reportedly very fit, but he had fallen out of the team plans at Hibs with very little playing time recently. Is he a choice at LB with Dick or our Dick replacement? Is he the defacto starting LB, which seems a bit risky at his age despite his fitness (see Watson, Paul and Berra, Christophe)? Perhaps Dick gets resigned at LCB and Stevenson plays the wingback role?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

So the question with Stevenson, is what position is he signed for? Recently seen at LM, CM and LB. We know he's reportedly very fit, but he had fallen out of the team plans at Hibs with very little playing time recently. Is he a choice at LB with Dick or our Dick replacement? Is he the defacto starting LB, which seems a bit risky at his age despite his fitness (see Watson, Paul and Berra, Christophe)? Perhaps Dick gets resigned at LCB and Stevenson plays the wingback role?

Stevenson will be our starting LB or LWB if a back 3 employed. He is 100% a replacement for Dick at LB. If Dick is kept on it will be as cover for LB or CB, he will not be a starter for Raith next season. A 36 year old Lewis Stevenson is still 10 times the player Liam Dick is.