The New Raith Rovers Thread

42 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Thought his suspension was served against Dunfermline immediately after the Hibs games, hence McGill starting that game 🤷‍♂️

It was two games for violent conduct (which is a sick joke in itself). He had to serve one game immediately and the next game in that specific competition.

I'm sure it was the same with Euan Murray when he got sent off at Hampden last season.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Thought his suspension was served against Dunfermline immediately after the Hibs games, hence McGill starting that game 🤷‍♂️

Thought it was 2 games with game immediately after (Dunfermline) and next game in Cup @TxRover

You’d think stuff like that would get asked/discussed in pre match interview/blether with Murray

58 minutes ago, SerieA said:

New white strip smart.No sure how much white you’ll see on the players kit with all the sponsors 

Good point… could hardly make any white out at all with all those sponsors 

IMG_1862.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Good point… could hardly make any white out at all with all those sponsors 

IMG_1862.jpeg

Was a bit of a joke with (players kits not supporters) the amount of sponsors on the front/back bottom/back top/shorts all have sponsors.

It is a bizarre situation that we release the kit to fans yet the players kits then become emblazoned with extra sponsors.

2 in that back, 1 on the sleeve and 1 on the shorts. 

Surely these companies would want the exposure of the replica kit? 

It's almost worth the club offering 2 options, one that is completly sponsor free and another that has all of them. 

7 hours ago, SerieA said:

Dick suspended for tomorrow?

7 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

It was two games for violent conduct (which is a sick joke in itself). He had to serve one game immediately and the next game in that specific competition.

I'm sure it was the same with Euan Murray when he got sent off at Hampden last season.

5 hours ago, SerieA said:

Thought it was 2 games with game immediately after (Dunfermline) and next game in Cup @TxRover

You’d think stuff like that would get asked/discussed in pre match interview/blether with Murray

Spot on. I maintain a running team list on a Fantalk thread and Dick carried a note almost all least season that he was to be suspended for the first League/Viaplay cup match. Almost every two game plus suspension is presented as one game immediate and one game in the competition it occurred in…which has caught out a number of teams. The SPFL sends out a sheet with the data, but smaller teams may fail to check. Here’s a copy from the late April update earlier this year, listing Liam:

IMG_0853.thumb.png.0ce2672497e879232a04e8a1b211b052.png

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It looks like Hanlon has won the race to become our first centre back to be injured this season - doubtful for tomorrow.

Browns got the nod ahead of Fordyce to partner Murray

I must've been asleep for this one. Simon Murray re-signs for Dundee on a 3 year deal for a 6 figure amount.

Good result for us in the cup. Just Ronan Hale to worry about. 

1 hour ago, KRaith said:

Ross Millen has signed for Morecambe, would say it's a decent move for him but Derek Adams is the manager down there.

There's a pair who will definetly not fall out. 

Don’t understand all the hate Rudden gets on here?

I thought he done okay for us, especially taking in to account that he came in ‘cold’ having played very little football at Dundee. Always put in a shift even if the end product wasn’t what we all hoped for. I’ve zero ill will towards him.

If it is to be Queens he ends up at, I think he will do well for them, not a like for like for Paton by any stretch in terms of out and out goalscorer but he will still do well…