The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Folks!

Callum Hannah talk to me....

Not seen too much but what I have seen looks promising. 

Certainly seen plenty of good comments about him from Albion Rovers fans.

He's a big lad looks to have bulked up a bit over the summer. Ian Murray is still unsure of his best position so could potentially be a CB as well as a LB/LWB. He'll still be training with Lewis Stevenson and Paul Hanlon which is going to do him the world of good. 

4 hours ago, mo83 said:

Folks!

Callum Hannah talk to me....

If he’s coming to you on a loan, I’d be a very happy Rovers fan and I’d think you’ll be a happy team.

Not seen a ton of him, a big unit that seems to have gotten bigger over the last year. Happy to bomb down the left wing, not seen much of his defending tested, and certainly has the size to be a CB vs FB/WB. As other have noted, he’ll be getting even better teammate input this year than last at practice at Starks Park, which can only help. A manager like Petrie would be an excellent result for the young lad to be playing under. The 11 matches he was with Albion Rovers, he was playing 90 minutes a game for nine of them, so they liked something.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If he’s coming to you on a loan, I’d be a very happy Rovers fan and I’d think you’ll be a happy team.

Not seen a ton of him, a big unit that seems to have gotten bigger over the last year. Happy to bomb down the left wing, not seen much of his defending tested, and certainly has the size to be a CB vs FB/WB. As other have noted, he’ll be getting even better teammate input this year than last at practice at Starks Park, which can only help. A manager like Petrie would be an excellent result for the young lad to be playing under. The 11 matches he was with Albion Rovers, he was playing 90 minutes a game for nine of them, so they liked something.

He was announced on season long loan to Montrose earlier on socials.

So after a full year at the helm how are the village idiots fairing up in the eyes of the fans ?? Bannerman gets most of the plaudits I see but I bet it's Dean that's steamrolling ahead with everything , he's some man when he wants to achieve something lads 👌🏼

Positives from 1st half, really good goal. Pass up the wing from Freeman was first class. Possession is good but sometimes in the wrong area ie defence. 

Negative Connolly is not a left winger, Easton is not a number 10. Hamilton good goal but is still lacking something. 

Didn’t make it to Stark’s tonight but watching on Raith tv.  The pitch looks really sticky tonight. Did they have the sprinklers on before the game?

started brightly but Stranraer have pressed  really well and we keep resorting to hopeful long balls.

3/4 nice through balls which should’ve been finished. Truth be told though it’s poor. 
Being played like a friendly, too slow and pedestrian…struggling to play through a league 2 Stranraer.

Mullin looks up for it but need some changes.