The New Raith Rovers Thread

My biggest concern from the Barrowman interview was when he said players clearly disagreed with the decision and it got heated. He then said he couldn't care less what they think......came across as unbelievably arrogant. If he doesn't care what they think why bother even discussing it with them. I can see how that attitude from the CEO would make players think they'd make a mistake being here.

20 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

The ties Courts has with Barrowman and Potter could be vital in the longer term.

What ties does Barrowman have with Courts? Courts left Kelty in 2018 and Barrowman didn't take over as Sporting Director until 2021. He also has no ties with Potter that I'm aware of?

3 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

My biggest concern from the Barrowman interview was when he said players clearly disagreed with the decision and it got heated. He then said he couldn't care less what they think......came across as unbelievably arrogant. If he doesn't care what they think why bother even discussing it with them. I can see how that attitude from the CEO would make players think they'd make a mistake being here.

That’s not what he said at all, on either of those points

1 minute ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

They're paid to do a job, which they clearly didn't do or Murray would still be the manager

5 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Granted I was pretty tired when I listened to it, I don't think that's what he said at all. 

Taking his comments at face value, he did say it was a surprise to then and he spoke to some of the senior players separately. 

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

What ties does Barrowman have with Courts? Courts left Kelty in 2018 and Barrowman didn't take over as Sporting Director until 2021. He also has no ties with Potter that I'm aware of?

Maybe you should do a wee bit of resarch?

Because you are "not aware" does not mean there are no connections....

particularly between Potter and Courts.

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

That’s not what he said at all, on either of those points

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

They're paid to do a job, which they clearly didn't do or Murray would still be the manager

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Granted I was pretty tired when I listened to it, I don't think that's what he said at all. 

Taking his comments at face value, he did say it was a surprise to then and he spoke to some of the senior players separately. 

ok from the transcript his exact words were "there was a bit of going back and forth" and "whether they agree or not it doesn't matter to me".

While maybe not as strong as the words I used shows players didn't agree or there was a discussion versus acceptance. I also stand by the CEO saying the players opinion doesn't matter to him is a strange stance.

7 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Not sure if anyone has said this previously but Shelley Kerr (Rhys McCabes aunt) was on a Scottish football podcast (Ewan Cameron was the host) and was asked about the chances of Rhys going to Raith and her answer was absolutely no chance. 

7 hours ago, baba douche said:

'sorry, but my auntie says I cannae move to you'.

At a family Christmas party last year I had 2 aunts telling me I was to have no more drinks. 6 cans later I went to bed. For clarification, Shelley Kerr is not my aunt and I’m not Rhys McCabe. My point is, most aunties talk shite.

2 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Was the board meant to clear the sacking with the players first? Or go back and ask Murray to stay because they didn’t like it?

Missing my point and jumped the shark wee man.

Our CEO after a controversial decision stating it doesn't matter to him what key employees think is a bad look. I'd wonder why he even bothered to discuss it if the teams reaction or feelings doesn't matter.

Edited by ohnononowheredidRossgo

2 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Missing my point wee man.

Our CEO after a controversial decision stating it doesn't matter to him what key employees think is a bad look. I'd wonder why he even bothered to discuss it if the teams reaction or feelings doesn't matter.

Christ if every football club in country took players feelings into account then no manager would be getting sacked for fear of upsetting the prima Donna's 😂 

4 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Why should it matter to him? The decision is already made and they are moving forward. Is he meant to stop everything and make sure every player gets into a place of acceptance before moving on? It's not his job as CEO to ensure the players agree with everything he does, it's his job to make this club successful. 

Do your work run every change they make past all of their employees? No. This is no different. Aye, he's not worded it well but he's being honest and I don't see the issue with it. How many players do you think were upset he's gone? I'll genuinely be surprised if it's even 5 that are up in arms about the decision.

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Christ if every football club in country took players feelings into account then no manager would be getting sacked for fear of upsetting the prima Donna's 😂 

Whether he thinks it or not after having a challenging discussion it's a bit mental for him to publicly state what he stated IMO.

1 minute ago, Kooz92 said:

Why should it matter to him? The decision is already made and they are moving forward. Is he meant to stop everything and make sure every player gets into a place of acceptance before moving on? It's not his job as CEO to ensure the players agree with everything he does, it's his job to make this club successful. 

Do your work run every change they make past all of their employees? No. This is no different. Aye, he's not worded it well but he's being honest and I don't see the issue with it. How many players do you think were upset he's gone? I'll genuinely be surprised if it's even 5 that are up in arms about the decision.

Already answered it below but it's really poor leadership to have a challenging discussion then openly state on video that he's not arsed what the players think about it.

Agree to disagree.

45 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Exactly this. Why deliberately Piss off the players at a time like this????????

Edited by Arthur Reid McDermott

6 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Exactly this. Why Piss off the players at a time like this????????

As far as I'm aware the bulk of the players signed because of Potter selling the club to them, so can only guess that some of the "unhappy players were ones that Murray brought in, I've said it before and say it again its the players who are part responsible for costing Murray his job along with tactics they couldn't or wouldn't adapt to

32 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

I definitely read between the lines similar to you that there's obviously been a 'sharing of opinions', but I'd imagine this happens virtually every time a manager leaves - some players will be gutted and some will be delighted, and the conversation will ultimately end along the lines of 'well it's happening, deal with it'.

The difference is that 99% of the time the CEO doesn't give an interview about his sacking and reveal this. I don't think he came across well with those comments but I wouldn't really care if I was a Raith fan, any player who isn't happy is hardly going to jeopardise their future career and earnings by taking the huff for the rest of the season.

It is done!! Can we just move on and support our Club?

For all the "mibbees aye...mibbees naw". it is done!

Like many others I am disappointed we have lost a really good guy in Ian,. 

I wish Ian all the very best.

however, the results for some time now"(AND NO...not just ONE result!)

have taken the shine the progress we were making.

Sorry, don't buy any of that nonsense from Barrowman. You don't allow a manager you've been 'discussing' to sign players and do an entire pre-season only to sack him after one league defeat. Reeks of something else.

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Sorry, don't buy any of that nonsense from Barrowman. You don't allow a manager you've been 'discussing' to sign players and do an entire pre-season only to sack him after one league defeat. Reeks of something else.

Whether it reeks of something else or not, it's not affecting you or any other clubs supporters,  unless of course your worried we're coming after Broon 😉😂