The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

it was what barrowman sad in his interview. a couple of good wild cards

Brexit almost certainly means it'll be a UK based manager. Curtis Woodhouse applied for the Ayr job a few years ago. You'd call him a "wildcard"... you'd also say he was nowhere near qualified and would've been a horrendous appointment. 

9 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

You take that back, no one in here has at any point been jacking it to the clubs season ticket sales numbers.

Apart from saying that the increased budget and pie consumption comes from INCREASED SEASON TICKET sales

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Sorry, don't buy any of that nonsense from Barrowman. You don't allow a manager you've been 'discussing' to sign players and do an entire pre-season only to sack him after one league defeat. Reeks of something else.

Why would Raith pick the story that gets them the most criticism though? It depends on the nature of the 'something else' but if Murray had done something deemed worthy of terminating a contract why not just say that? There's no way fans could question that as the club would just claim they had no choice, only Murray would look bad. If it was more of a mutual falling out they could just come out with 'there has been an irretrievable breakdown in the working relationship' or whatever similar business speak they choose. People would be wondering what happened but again would accept that there's only one option the club can take in that scenario. The reason which gets the most questions and criticism from fans and the wider public is the one they gave about performances/results given that the timing is so unusual in the season and because the fans will have their own view on it. I don't see why Raith would make up a reason which makes them look worse.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

23 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

it was what barrowman sad in his interview. a couple of good wild cards

Did he no say a couple of wild ones? As in not a f**king chance. Am thinking Yogi/Locke types.

18 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Agree but opposition fans are generally on the wind up so take little notice. For Airdrie fans let's face it until something is announced you will be worried that we will take McCabe.

Absolutely, and I would always advocate to ignore such posts or not focus in on them too much - I can only speak for myself, of course but mine and from what I can see, many others views were simply coming from a discursive perspective. It’s a pretty interesting situation, TBF.

As for the last part, I agree, we as Airdrie fans will have a vested interest here given the discussion revolves around our former manager and current one. As I’ve expressed earlier, I neither think McCabe should or will come to yourselves, but I’m obviously going to be concerned about it as he has us in a good place and you never know in football.

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

You never know could be klopp 

Nah, he already packed in one job because he couldn't be done with the prospect of a massive rebuild of an aging squad. 

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The last Brazilian who coached Boca Juniors is called Dino Sani and is now 92. That would certainly be a bold choice.

I misread that surname, Dino Sari would be far more apt for a nonagenarian coach.

2 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

Would you be weeping ginger tears if Magilton was given the job??

I'd console myself with the fact it wasn't Gary Locke or Yogi, but after seeing the standard of Cliftonville last season, my gast would be well and truly flabbered.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye they are. They can offer more money in wages to him directly, have a far higher budget than Airdrie and have finished ahead of Airdrie every single season  since 2009. If McCabe were unemployed, then objectively, the Raith job is a more attractive prospect that the Airdrie one. It’s only the fact that he’s already in the Airdrie job that complicates this.

f**king hell. Comedy. He isn’t unemployed so your point is completely mute. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

You take that back, no one in here has at any point been jacking it to the clubs season ticket sales numbers.

FFS! You don’t use the words “season ticket sales” on here.  It’s like a bat signal to the Bairns. Here they come. Brace yourself everyone!

crowd riot GIF

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

FFS! You don’t use the words “season ticket sales” on here.  It’s like a bat signal to the Bairns. Here they come. Brace yourself everyone!

crowd riot GIF

THOUSANDS

If we are looking at a wildcard appointment then what about James McCarthy just released from his Celtic contract. Not sure if he has any badges or if he is even thinking about management.

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

If we are looking at a wildcard appointment then what about James McCarthy just released from his Celtic contract. Not sure if he has any badges or if he is even thinking about management.

This won’t be a wildcard appointment.

Will be someone known and available or someone in a job who we know has a wee release clause in his contract.

The top of the betting won’t be far off.

I'm a wee bit scepical of the goings on behind the scenes, however I've not been a massive fan of Murray, especially since the Friday night 3-2 defeat at Gayfield, and as a result I'm not as cut up as some have been by his departure.

I think his replacement will be Tam Courts, much as I'd really like it to be Rhys McCabe I just can't see it for a raft of various reasons. The only other name I think we'd go for is Barry Robson. The Hughes, Dodds, McCalls, Imries  and MacIntyres of this world can GTF.

If it's going to be an ex-Kelty man it has to be Courts as I really get the fear contemplating Ferguson, Thomson or Potter.

Brexit makes a non UK applicant hugely unlikely and to be honest even the expense incurred in re-locating someone from just elsewhere in the British Isles would add to what (regardless of what AB said) would be an additional financial burden adding to a potentially un-budgeted for event, to wit, I can't see that happening either.