The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

It's strange how defensive fans can become when their club does something absolutely wild.

Fair, I'll concede that i thought Barrowman was at Kelty when Courts was there. However, to split hairs, it was 4th place with United and was let go mutually without huge resistance from the board. The idea that someone like him, or any of the other in the mix - even McCabe, is going to instantly propel you to the next level that Murray managed is completely baseless. That is indeed what the board seem to be seeking according to their actions - a fast-track to the SPL. So unless something internal has gone on and it's being kept from the public - I'm sorry but people are perfectly justified in describing binning Murray one game into the season as somewhat shambolic. 

Okay performances tailed off since Christmas - but you were still a two-legger from the SPL. The arrogance to consider that as somehow not good enough given the trajectory you've taken the previous few seasons (which is all over the place) is galling. Whoever comes in, or had Murray stayed on, the reality of the division is there are a cluster of teams who are going to take points off Raith Rovers all season and the best you are realistically going to hope for again is a title challenge - not to mention the fact that the chances of a complete player revolt/chuck-in have now been increased tenfold.

Fair few good points there, I dont know what the boards aspirations were/are for this season, somethings went wrong somewhere, ever since what happened with Ross Millen it's not been right. If some players were to chuck it I dont think they'd be here long  

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Fair few good points there, I dont know what the boards aspirations were/are for this season, somethings went wrong somewhere, ever since what happened with Andy Millen it's not been right. If some players were to chuck it I dont think they'd be here long  

Ross Millen.

Murray would not have got us promoted this season. Hands up if you think he would. Our football has become predictable and without a plan B. We couldn't capitalise on a faltering DUFC when it mattered, and all of these things put together with what looked like the same old same old in the league cup and away to Airdrie fall into his lap. That's what's done for him - not a club sense of entitlement or air of superiority.

I'm comfortable there's not much more to it than that. Whispers and rumours of other things may be just that, but if they're anything more, then the decision is still the correct one.

Announce Graham!

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Ross Millen.

Murray would not have got us promoted this season. Hands up if you think he would. Our football has become predictable and without a plan B. We couldn't capitalise on a faltering DUFC when it mattered, and all of these things put together with what looked like the same old same old in the league cup and away to Airdrie fall into his lap. That's what's done for him - not a club sense of entitlement or air of superiority.

I'm comfortable there's not much more to it than that. Whispers and rumours of other things may be just that, but if they're anything more, then the decision is still the correct one.

Announce Graham!

Yeah, dont know what made me think of his Dad lol, and aye you're right it was the continuation  of the same old predictable way    

I don't think anything has went on behind the scenes, but I also think it's an unhinged decision to make after one league game.  If it was an issue he should have went after the playoffs, no point giving him the summer.  Either someone they didn't think would be available has become it, or promotion is the only goal he they had a snap decision that he wasn't going to deliver it.  Based on the names banded about, and who's available the manager who finished second in the league last season probably seems the best candidate though.  Two things I really don't understand with out fans though, is that you can actually think it was right to get rid of Murray and also mental to do it after one league game, like, they don't contradict each other at all.  And we all thought the recruitment was class, but now it's apparently an aging squad that Murray assembled?  But it doesn't matter that we didn't give someone else the summer to get their players in, because Potter and Barrowman are in charge of that.  As a fanbase can we make our minds up on that please?

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Unsubstantiated rumour floating that the new manager has a relation on the playing side Other than McCabe, who of the potential candidates has a relation currently playing for us?

Of course it could be anyone but both Scott Brown and Tam Courts are fifers and could potentially one be related to Hannah, Stevenson, Byrne or Nicholson.

Wullie Gibson would go down well with the fans...

44 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Potter in the courier saying he doesn’t want the job which is good. Not because I don’t think he’d be capable of doing a decent job, more that it just looks really bad!

Having seen his Kelty team and having seen his record at the pars, he's better suited to not being the manager.

5 hours ago, Tiger Driver said:

Surprised Robbie Neilson hasn't been mentioned more.

Won this league on 3 occasions and as far as I'm aware he's unattached?

Neilson would have been fine in that he's such a detestable p***k I would feel no guilt in turning my guns on him when things went wrong.

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I tell you what. For all the drama of the last week, coupled with me not making any of the home League Cup games, I cannot f**king wait to get back to Stark’s on Saturday.

I’m the same, went to Stranraer and Hamilton games not that bothered even last Saturday but buzzing now for thistle, these village idiots must have sensed a disturbance in the force or something 😂