The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Couple of questions as I think we have a big week/fortnight coming up. 

I'll narrow it down but who out of

Hanlon, Leven, O'Dea or McCabe would fans want? 

Once appointed what positions do we need to strengthen?

In terms of positions we need a rightback, right winger, striker and perhaps another centre back.

With the new manager I thought we would’ve appointed someone if they weren’t with a club.If our preferred option is with a club I thought we would’ve heard something about us making an approach so god knows who it’s going to be.

Definitely need a striker.A centre midfielder with a bit of pace.Possibly RB depends on what management are thinking about Freeman. If Fordyce isn’t going to be long term I would be happy with CD.Dick is more than capable in there alongside Murray or Hanlon.

19 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I think its to get the captain, Matthews onto the field without having to remove Byrne, Stanton or another forward player from the side. Perhaps when Brown is back, we'll see Freeman come back in. 

Absolutely no chance

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I think its to get the captain, Matthews onto the field without having to remove Byrne, Stanton or another forward player from the side. Perhaps when Brown is back, we'll see Freeman come back in. 

Murray and Dick have both captained the side, I think Byrne and Stanton might have too.  I highly doubt Freeman is rated

51 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Murray and Dick have both captained the side, I think Byrne and Stanton might have too.  I highly doubt Freeman is 

He's a RB so might've fell out with Ian Murray 😂

1 hour ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Murray and Dick have both captained the side, I think Byrne and Stanton might have too.  I highly doubt Freeman is rated

Yeah when Brown and Matthews have been out. Matthews is club captain. Though you could have had him in place of Stanton so maybe there is something to Freemans absence. 

It would make more sense to have Matthews in the middle with Byrne and Stanton as the 10, although I  thought Easton did very well yesterday. It would have meant one of Gibson or Mullin dropping to the bench and giving us another viable sub. 

4 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Couple of questions as I think we have a big week/fortnight coming up. 

I'll narrow it down but who out of

Hanlon, Leven, O'Dea or McCabe would fans want? 

Once appointed what positions do we need to strengthen?

In terms of positions we need a rightback, right winger, striker and perhaps another centre back.

Hobson’s choice there. However, if that’s my choices I’ll have Leven or McCabe as they’ve at least managed in Scotland before with some degree of success.

I’m assuming it’s a head coach we are looking for rather than a traditional manager. I’ve got to assume the folk picking the manager/head coach have a better idea of who is a good coach than I do. I wonder who they’ll pick. I do have the fear that McCabe just got lucky with players.

I think that any manager is just as good as his recruitment. It’s not like Scotland is full of tactical geniuses. 

Edited by Scary Bear

42 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Hobson’s choice there. However, if that’s my choices I’ll have Leven or McCabe as they’ve at least managed in Scotland before with some degree of success.

I’m assuming it’s a head coach we are looking for rather than a traditional manager. I’ve got to assume the folk picking the manager/head coach have a better idea of who is a good coach than I do. I wonder who they’ll pick. I do have the fear that McCabe just got lucky with players.

I think that any manager is just as good as his recruitment. It’s not like Scotland is full of tactical geniuses. 

rumour has it we will know tomorrow but only rumour mind

remember mr barrowman stated applicant must be prepared to move to and live in Kirkcaldy.  suggestion rumour is hes from aberdeen and that came from 2 amateur radio mates of mine living up their

57 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

remember mr barrowman stated applicant must be prepared to move to and live in Kirkcaldy.  suggestion rumour is hes from aberdeen and that came from 2 amateur radio mates of mine living up their

Seems a bit extreme, can they not stay in Glenrothes or maybe Lochgelly, does it have to be Kirkcaldy. 

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Seems a bit extreme, can they not stay in Glenrothes or maybe Lochgelly, does it have to be Kirkcaldy. 

Don't care if they live in Dunfermline, Falkirk or the middle of the Forth as long as they are good at their job and do well for us. Insisting someone lives in Kirkcaldy sounds like bull to me

8 minutes ago, renton said:

Where did this rumour come from?

2 amateur radio friends of mine who live up that way we do talk you know and barrowman stated whoever we appoint must be prepared to live in kirkcaldy. seems to me some of you are hard of hearing or simply pistaking cretins

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

2 amateur radio friends of mine who live up that way we do talk you know and barrowman stated whoever we appoint must be prepared to live in kirkcaldy. seems to me some of you are hard of hearing or simply pistaking cretins

I’m definitely a “pistaking cretin” but I couldn’t hear what you wrote 😝