The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, spot on said:

It’s been confirmed that Raith are bringing their first team squad. Hopefully K & D will get a decent crowd. 

Not sure we have any other choice to be fair. Hopefully it will be decent. I'll take a walk along if I can finish up in time. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not sure we have any other choice to be fair. Hopefully it will be decent. I'll take a walk along if I can finish up in time. 

The other choice would be not to play it. In our position we shouldn't be risking anyone's fitness.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The other choice would be not to play it. In our position we shouldn't be risking anyone's fitness.

unless of couyrse our prospective new manager will be their to see whats needed

2 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

unless of couyrse our prospective new manager will be their to see whats needed

Playing against Kirkcaldy YM isn’t going to show a new manager what is needed.

43 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Without meaning any disrespect to the YM, a friendly against them will probably be less competitive than some of our training session games. I’d imagine we will use this as a glorified shape/movement drill.

I think you’re missing the point of the game. It’s not about K & D looking to beat Raith and compete with them . it’s part of the contract agreement when Callum Hannah was transferred to Raith. It’s about K & D trying to raise their profile in the community and to raise some much needed funds for the club. 

48 minutes ago, spot on said:

I think you’re missing the point of the game. It’s not about K & D looking to beat Raith and compete with them . it’s part of the contract agreement when Callum Hannah was transferred to Raith. It’s about K & D trying to raise their profile in the community and to raise some much needed funds for the club. 

Hopefully it will entice more folk to come down on a midweek or Saturday when the Rovers are away or not playing. 

It's a decent wee club with a few talented boys. Maybe 1 or 2 could catch the eye

2 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

Hopefully it will entice more folk to come down on a midweek or Saturday when the Rovers are away or not playing. 

It's a decent wee club with a few talented boys. Maybe 1 or 2 could catch the eye

Came here to say this. Couple v decent players indeed and a friendly atmosphere. Catering by Stuarts too, and cheaper than at Le Parc du Stark.

1 hour ago, spot on said:

Maybe so, but you always get one or two players who think they'll leave their mark by throwing in a late tackle or two.

32 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

Halftime Hopey to be the ref?

No chance.He’s either doing lunges on Chapel Level or running backwards along the prom at 7pm on a Tuesday night.

still no new manager news has the club dropped a clanger here. has peter leven turned down the rovers offer or is Aberdeen asking too much money for  his release

Edited by Varna Rover

8 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

still no new manager news has the club dropped a clanger here. has peter leven turned down the rovers offer or is Aberdeen asking too much money for  his release

Has your efforts to be seen as the one who breaks the news failed to materialise?

The story has been in every Aberdeen based newspaper since mid last week.

Until the club announce its speculation, no matter what the spam radio club say. 

15 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Maybe Peter Leven is trying to find a loophole in that “must stay in Kirkcaldy” theory you dropped yesterday and pointing out to the board that Kinghorn is closer to Stark’s Park than Dunnikier Estate? 

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Maybe Peter Leven is trying to find a loophole in that “must stay in Kirkcaldy” theory you dropped yesterday and pointing out to the board that Kinghorn is closer to Stark’s Park than Dunnikier Estate? 

the quote was in the courrier nterview

Edited by Varna Rover