The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, TxRover said:

We do still need a third keeper.

As for the next manager...I'll be over for the Falkirk game if they'd like to interview me. All for the young players, you know.

The way things are at the minute, you've got every chance 😉

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

True but Berra comes across a bit like Kevin Thomson to me , unlikeable but if it’s him I would need to get behind him

We all would especially the players, I kinda thought he was a bit aloof in his manner, but he wouldn't be there to make friends, it's all hypothetical until theres an announcement that the club have got someone

17 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

True but Berra comes across a bit like Kevin Thomson to me , unlikeable but if it’s him I would need to get behind him

No thanks for Berra. Dropped us in the shit when he decided to do a bunk.

Biggest appointment since J McGlynn came to clear up the mess post Locke and Hughes. Best squad in recent years which will also be costing a premium. 

Board have put themselves under huge pressure but until they announce we can only speculate. 

Surely its got to be proven track record or outstanding potential. We are hearing little to match either description. The  time they are taking can also show they are battling to nail down a great deal as well as floundering with poor options. 

Massive appointment that they have brought upon themselves. 

8 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I think realistically there’s three that we know about who’ve turned down the opportunity. 

Who? Who's turned the opportunity down, where has this been said? 

Unless it's a first team manager you're probably not going to get the other club coming out with a statement saying "x has been approached". 

Give them time to get the right person in, let's see who we get. 

8 hours ago, renton said:

Assume that all the highly rated assts. And coaches have turned us down. Brown and McCabe were never realistic options, surely? So, we are left with someone like Fox or Thomson (we likely have a budget he'd be happy with now)

Why are we assuming this? 

27 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Biggest appointment since J McGlynn came to clear up the mess post Locke and Hughes. Best squad in recent years which will also be costing a premium. 

Board have put themselves under huge pressure but until they announce we can only speculate. 

Surely its got to be proven track record or outstanding potential. We are hearing little to match either description. The  time they are taking can also show they are battling to nail down a great deal as well as floundering with poor options. 

Massive appointment that they have brought upon themselves. 

Mcglynn came in after Smith left, and it took a couple of weeks for the appointment to happen with little rumours of it. 

There's no real need for panic at this stage, especially having just come off the back of a win against one of the fancied teams for the league.  Not a long term arrangement of course, but miles away from being 4-0 down at Ross County after 30 mins or by playing Kevin Nisbet at fullback- which is what we had the last time we were in this situation.

Need to trust the board to get this one right.

I'm guessing folk are just looking at the fact we don't seem close to an appointment and assuming that means all our targets have knocked us back. 

Hopefully it's just the case that the negotiations have become protracted rather than us now running so far out of options that we're now considering Liam Fox. 

Not in the know or anything but I’ve heard the appointment is still on course to be made this week.

I think it’s going to be Liam Fox but desperately hoping to be wrong.

19 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Who? Who's turned the opportunity down, where has this been said? 

Unless it's a first team manager you're probably not going to get the other club coming out with a statement saying "x has been approached". 

Give them time to get the right person in, let's see who we get. 

Radio Scotland stated after Barrowman’s interview that O’Dea and  O’carroll had both been approached and turned the opportunity down. That was also mention in a couple of newspapers.

Leven was interviewed last week and was offered the job at the end of the week. I know that part to be true as it came from a very reliable source. 

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Radio Scotland stated after Barrowman’s interview that O’Dea and  O’carroll had both been approached and turned the opportunity down. That was also mention in a couple of newspapers.

Leven was interviewed last week and was offered the job at the end of the week. I know that part to be true as it came from a very reliable source. 

has he turned the job down

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’m not going to stick my oar in & disagree with any of that but I’d read somewhere else that O’Carroll had made his interest known to Rovers (as opposed to vice versa) & Rovers essentially said thanks, but no thanks.

Bottom line is none of us know exactly how the pieces have fallen but it does seem incredibly strange (if very effective from the club) that nothing at all of substance has leaked on this.

9 hours ago, pub car king said:

The latest is we're tapping up Scott Brown who comparative to Murray doesnt strike me as an upgrade at this time.  He is already in a job where he is being backed to build a team. 

Scott Brown probably just took him mum for a meal at the Dean Park, and now we're being accused of tapping him up.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Why are we assuming this? 

I'm going to guess people have listened to Barrowman's interview where he spoke about us having done all the work already so we could move quickly, then us not having appointed anybody yet and come to the conclusion that everybody on the shortlist said no.

I'm hoping it's more than the discussions around getting their chosen guy in are taking longer due to them already been in a job and having to sort out compo.  Guess we'll find out soon hopefully.