The New Raith Rovers Thread

48 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

contrary to what weve been told it may be we have run out of money

Not the case, heard there are bracket issues delaying the installation. 

9 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Not the case, heard there are bracket issues delaying the installation. 

Correct, sometimes simpler to ask the club than throw suggestion of financial meltdown.  Think it was the SLO who told my mate it was about needing some advice re brackets, steel type to do the job properly. 

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Some Rovers fans are a tiny lack of information away from total hysteria. 

No word on the new gaffer: "It's Liam Fox or Jim Mcintyre!!"

Cladding not yet complete: "We're going bust!!"

You've already for asking Barrowman for updates on twitter about the manager like it's something he's forgotten all about and just needs prompting. 

Last night in a (now deleted) tweet someone was claiming we've got no goalscorers in the team to which he's then broken down the contribution of all our attacking players. 

Very much cabin fever stuff despite not having a game until next weekend. 

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Well perhaps today will be the day we get some information…

Rumour mill in overdrive this morning - had several messages this morning all saying the same thing. 

could well be the day there is white smoke from San Starko

Just now, RaithRyan said:

Rumour mill in overdrive this morning - had several messages this morning all saying the same thing. 

I did think that it surely wasn’t just my group chat that claimed to have info! Hopefully Broken Alogorithms is ready to break glass and hit that emergency podcast button!

Just be cause it's something different to talk about.

Do we know what's going on with the repair work to the north and south stands that John Sim spoke of a couple of years ago. He was of the opinion they needed about 500k spent on them and to be fair they are definetly looking their age. 

The cladding on the main stand is nice and all but I would have thought it would be the sort of thing that would get done last, unless there is some other pressing reason to address it now. 

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Just be cause it's something different to talk about.

Do we know what's going on with the repair work to the north and south stands that John Sim spoke of a couple of years ago. He was of the opinion they needed about 500k spent on them and to be fair they are definetly looking their age. 

The cladding on the main stand is nice and all but I would have thought it would be the sort of thing that would get done last, unless there is some other pressing reason to address it now. 

Its part of the work to get the large LED screen in place for advertising. The club have doubled the advertising prices because they can now get a lot more thanks to the screen. The cladding needed to accompany and protect the LED. 

13 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I did think that it surely wasn’t just my group chat that claimed to have info! Hopefully Broken Alogorithms is ready to break glass and hit that emergency podcast button!

If it's common in group chats would you mind sharing what the rumour is?

17 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Obviously won't ask for names but is it positive rumours?

14 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

We've finished picking the shards out after the Murray sacking episode but I'm sure when the time comes we'll have a reaction...

3 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Obviously won't ask for names but is it positive rumours?

It’s Brown again I’ve heard a few times today from different people. 

Name doesn’t appear to be going away…

If it's Brown, whom we would have had to ask Ayr for permission to speak to, and both clubs have managed to keep it shtum from any concrete leaks then that's some going in this day and age.