The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It’s funny how the usual suspects that think they know better aren’t bringing their own theories to the fore, instead sitting idly by and have us all having a go at each other

agreed but in this particular subject there is no falling out just no input from the know-alls.

5 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It’s funny how the usual suspects that think they know better aren’t bringing their own theories to the fore, instead sitting idly by and have us all having a go at each other

I think others are just able to detach themselves from all the hysteria better than others. There’s more in life to worry about than wondering whether when we will ever appoint a new manager…

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There's more chance of you getting your hole than this scenario playing out.

Wow, just wow, really should've red dotted that but I gave you a greenie for making me laugh, I know that scenario would never play out, that's why it was said in jest, dont be so touchy about Broonie 

3 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Chris Kane stopped at Harthill around the same time as our bus, he came out the pisser surrounded by Rovers fans and looked a wee bit lost. Had a quick chat with him, he was asking about Byrne's red card and how we played, begrudgingly wished him all the best for the season but did mention that I hope we make it 6 in a row next month, his response was "well I never played in any of the last 5" 

Seemed to be a genuinely nice bloke. 

Went to Airdrie vs Dunfermline in April last season, Chris Kane and Mehmet seemed to be the only two pars players that cared whether they won or lost, and Kane was still only on loan then, clear passion for the game.

2 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

i have no doub their is some managers from the lower European leqgus that could do a decent job for us and that would jump at the chance

Won't happen. 

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Aye but that necessitates a lot of red tape high legal costs and time which we're running out off, these things don't happen overnight

And it won't happen because of this. 

2 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

but surely the club has its lawyers who could advise on the possibility of such a move

There's a reason we're not signing overseas players let alone going abroad for a manager. In fact most, if not all, teams at our level are not bringing in folk from foreign countries. On the topic of looking abroad from what I'm led to believe the Frederiksen signing was a colossal nightmare to get through. 

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

I think others are just able to detach themselves from all the hysteria better than others. There’s more in life to worry about than wondering whether when we will ever appoint a new manager…

Tell us more oh wise one, we need answers to the questions, you and the usual suspects have the answers we seek oh prithy…pffft

18 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

5 days left till the transfer window closes, wonder if there'll be any ins "or outs", or will what we need come from the loan market

Potter definitely suggested there would be more to come in his interview yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Tell us more oh wise one, we need answers to the questions, you and the usual suspects have the answers we seek oh prithy…pffft

Who are the "usual suspects"?

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

See if you didn’t post like a 15 year old, people might actually take you a bit more seriously. 

Linfield boss David Healy can shine at
Raith Rovers... these chances don’t come
round often
Steven Beacom Today at 11:23
In the green shirt of Northern Ireland, one of David Healy’s greatest attributes was his decision-making when an opportunity arose.
More often than not, he made the right choice, and now, he has the biggest call of his managerial career to date – Linfield or Raith Rovers; Windsor Park or Stark’s Park.
After breaking the news on Friday in the Belfast Telegraph that Raith wanted Healy as their new boss and had approached the Blues to speak to him about the vacant post, a wave of messages pinged on my phone from managers and players of other clubs.
Healy is the biggest name in Irish League football, and everyone in the game here has an interest in him.
One boss who I won’t name typed: “I’m delighted for David. This is his chance to go across the water and show what he’s all about. He has to take it. Another opportunity may not come along.” Healy, who has previously spoken about his desire to manage across the water, will have been doing a lot of thinking these last few days, and that thought will have crossed his mind.
Chances for Irish League managers to go and ‘show what they are all about’ are few and far between.
Roy Coyle, David Jeffrey, Ronnie McFall and Stephen Baxter are four of the greatest bosses in the history of the game here and, despite all their trophies, a worthwhile opportunity didn’t come along for them.
Healy has won FIVE League titles for Linfield, two Irish Cups, three League Cups and one County Antrim Shield since becoming boss in 2015 and this is his FIRST shot at a move to England or Scotland.
Northern Ireland’s record goalscorer has been on a few long lists, but being whittled down to the shortlist and receiving an actual offer hasn’t happened until now.
And this even though he is well-known in Scotland from his time with Rangers and in England where he is familiar to many having played for Manchester United, Preston North End, Leeds United, Norwich City, Sunderland and Ipswich Town among others.
He also has respect throughout Europe for his Northern Ireland goalscoring heroics.
But only Raith, to date, have come in for him as a manager.
That has little to do with Healy’s qualities as a boss, which are considerable, and far more to do with how the Irish League is seen further afield.

Like it or not, across the Irish Sea, it is an afterthought bar the appeal of signing promising kids and hoping they turn into superstars. But for Brexit, even that wouldn’t be occurring at its current rate.
Some are sniffy about Healy going to Raith, declaring Linfield are a much bigger club, but the truth is if Rovers were to win promotion under the Killyleagh man, he would be in a different League to where he is now, taking on his old club Rangers and his friend Brendan Rodgers at Celtic.
That would also provide him with a genuine chance of earning a switch to England.
On the other hand, Healy enjoys living in Northern Ireland with his family, truly loves Linfield, feels there are more Irish League titles in him and, in Chairman Roy McGivern, has a loyal backer who is determined to keep him and ready to offer him a new deal.
It’s decision time for Healy. In my opinion, he should have faith in himself to shine across the water and go to Raith Rovers.
You never know, another opportunity may not come along.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

round often
In the green shirt of Northern Ireland, one of David Healy’s greatest attributes was his decision-making when an opportunity arose.
More often than not, he made the right choice, and now, he has the biggest call of his managerial career to date – Linfield or Raith Rovers; Windsor Park or Stark’s Park.
After breaking the news on Friday in the Belfast Telegraph that Raith wanted Healy as their new boss and had approached the Blues to speak to him about the vacant post, a wave of messages pinged on my phone from managers and players of other clubs.
Healy is the biggest name in Irish League football, and everyone in the game here has an interest in him.
One boss who I won’t name typed: “I’m delighted for David. This is his chance to go across the water and show what he’s all about. He has to take it. Another opportunity may not come along.” Healy, who has previously spoken about his desire to manage across the water, will have been doing a lot of thinking these last few days, and that thought will have crossed his mind.
Chances for Irish League managers to go and ‘show what they are all about’ are few and far between.
Roy Coyle, David Jeffrey, Ronnie McFall and Stephen Baxter are four of the greatest bosses in the history of the game here and, despite all their trophies, a worthwhile opportunity didn’t come along for them.
Healy has won FIVE League titles for Linfield, two Irish Cups, three League Cups and one County Antrim Shield since becoming boss in 2015 and this is his FIRST shot at a move to England or Scotland.
Northern Ireland’s record goalscorer has been on a few long lists, but being whittled down to the shortlist and receiving an actual offer hasn’t happened until now.
And this even though he is well-known in Scotland from his time with Rangers and in England where he is familiar to many having played for Manchester United, Preston North End, Leeds United, Norwich City, Sunderland and Ipswich Town among others.
He also has respect throughout Europe for his Northern Ireland goalscoring heroics.
That has little to do with Healy’s qualities as a boss, which are considerable, and far more to do with how the Irish League is seen further afield.

Like it or not, across the Irish Sea, it is an afterthought bar the appeal of signing promising kids and hoping they turn into superstars. But for Brexit, even that wouldn’t be occurring at its current rate.
Some are sniffy about Healy going to Raith, declaring Linfield are a much bigger club, but the truth is if Rovers were to win promotion under the Killyleagh man, he would be in a different League to where he is now, taking on his old club Rangers and his friend Brendan Rodgers at Celtic.
That would also provide him with a genuine chance of earning a switch to England.
On the other hand, Healy enjoys living in Northern Ireland with his family, truly loves Linfield, feels there are more Irish League titles in him and, in Chairman Roy McGivern, has a loyal backer who is determined to keep him and ready to offer him a new deal.
It’s decision time for Healy. In my opinion, he should have faith in himself to shine across the water and go to Raith Rovers.

Good article. 

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

round often

My thoughts as well why we have a chance of getting him , he has done everything he can there and bigger fish await if he does well

13 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I know you are a Rovers man but jeezo you don't help yourself on here, the club is the only one who can give us answers and I think it will happen next week, no itk ( I wish I was sometimes) just club well aware it needs to happen. I think if your David healy you cant do anymore at Linfield and of course there Chairman will say he will fight to keep him  as they are the biggest club in NI and their fans expect it but a new challenge after a decade might appeal and a chance to prove himself to a hibs, Dundee utd, hearts or down south if he does well with us . Chill out bud and stop arguing just for the sake of it, we all want the same thing 

Great article, only he can decide now what he really wants, may or may not get this opportunity again, albeit interest will have been piqued at some clubs due to us offering him the job, hopefully his decision wont drag on too long 

25 minutes ago, Enigma said:

round often

now its fingers crossed time. he could well be the man but only time will tell. lets hope he makes the right decision

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Great article, only he can decide now what he really wants, may or may not get this opportunity again, albeit interest will have been piqued at some clubs due to us offering him the job, hopefully his decision wont drag on too long 

I think best case, he's in the directors box on Saturday with the board and takes charge of his first game at Somerset in the diddy cup.