The New Raith Rovers Thread

David Healy has played a blinder and made a total arse of the club imo , Clearly used the Rovers to get another deal / better deal . Why apply for the job firstly ? Secondly agree a deal and within 24 hours changes his mind ,I’m particular not fussed one way or another if he became manager however it’s now left the Rovers in a difficult position in terms of moving forward .

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

This is nonsense as it's a methodology of work within a role and not some rare skill only possessed by a few. Everyone can adapt to new methodology within their jobs if they're willing 

Yes they can but if you have little input into decisions, which could easily cost you your job then it could put you off

7 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Pretty sure for most of this summer the only input McPake has had is going to the board begging for them to let him sign anybody and them just laughing at him.

That’s different though. He at least has the input. I strikes me Barrowman and Potter run Raith’s football dept and what they say goes and any coach coming in will have to do as they are told. No wonder people are getting cold feet. 

Healy knocking back perennial trophy wins and European football to go to deepest darkest Fife. I'm as baffled as I was when Leven decided to stay at a rejuvenated Aberdeen! 

Can't be long now until you pass our timeframe farce of waiting nearly 5 weeks only to announce Mark Kerr. 

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

That’s different though. He at least has the input. I strikes me Barrowman and Potter run Raith’s football dept and what they say goes and any coach coming in will have to do as they are told. No wonder people are getting cold feet. 

prove it

10 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

the acting manager

So looking at the timing Healy must have rubber stamped it if the manager chooses who comes or goes? What an arse of this Barrowman is making. 

24 minutes ago, BPM said:

Not at this level they don’t. You telling me Scott Brown has little input into signings? Or Martindale, or McCabe, or McPake, or Doolan. Idiotic set up which we know to our cost. 

31 minutes ago, Wardy said:

It’s been well documented that Murray did have an input in the transfers, it was up to Potter to go out and pursue them and attract them to the club. Every player that we signed were wanted by Murray. I’m pretty confident of that. 

What Wardy says is the situation that Scott Brown operates under at Ayr.  We have a very similar setup where the head coach identifies what he wants, a new contract for someone expiring or a midfielder who is good at scorpion kicks and it is up to Graeme Mathie to work with the recruitment team to go get it done. Bullen had final say on the targets that had been identified and Scott Brown does too. Ian Murray will undoubtedly have been the same.  

There's some rampant Da attitude that because the head coach isn't negotiating contracts and bidding for players that they are somehow forced to work with players they don't want when it's really intended so the head coach can focus on coaching the team. 

Rhys McCabe takes whatever Jackie McNama tells him to take TBF. 

Edited by itzdrk

I can't really put my finger on it, but something doesn't sit right with me when I hear Barrowman speak. Appreciate I'm not a Rovers fan so am purely talking from the outside looking in. This judgment is based on very little but vibes, so is ultimately worthless, but there's just something a little bit untrustworthy about him I can't quite pinpoint.  His 20 minute interview where he used a lot of words to say heehaw likely didn't help.

While you might legitimately ask what qualification I have to make such a judgement, I was proudly ahead of the curve in thinking Gary Holt was a c**t, something I wear as a badge of honour.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

In fairness, we’re still waiting on your links to the Andrew Barrowman story that the new manager has to stay in Kirkcaldy 

Would explain Healy getting cold feet....

11 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

you just made a statement so again prove it

I don’t need to prove anything. I am giving you an opinion on what I see from the outside looking in. Barrowman and Potter run the place like they did at Kelty. They just have a bigger train set now and much more scrutiny. They have messed this us. Very few, even Raith fans, can deny it.  

20 minutes ago, BPM said:

Not at this level they don’t. You telling me Scott Brown has little input into signings? Or Martindale, or McCabe, or McPake, or Doolan. Idiotic set up which we know to our cost. 

All managers and head coaches have an input into transfers, they ask for players, tell the relevant people what they want this player to do for them in the position and once a list of targets is drawn up, the manager gets to review them (or input directly into a specific player if possible) and gets the final say. That happens at every club, because even the other managers you've listed, hell even McGlynn doesn't do it all on his own. For McGlynn, the aforementioned relevant people will at first be the scouts and then whoever he liaises with at board level to sanction the signing and hopefully deal with the contract (don't trust McGlynn to detail contracts, they're quite bad). At Raith, its Potter who does that work between Manager and scouting network, he also can recommend players, but its the manager who has the final say, because they're players he has to work with. 

19 minutes ago, BPM said:

So who wanted Jamieson? 

The club did, a player like Jamieson (a forward with pace to get in behind), was wanted all summer by Murray too. There is no reason to suggest that priority changes. Its also not a permanent signing and can be rescinded if the new manager favours other players, but Jamieson is a good player to bring in.

8 minutes ago, BPM said:

By "it strikes me" do you mean  "I was hit on the head and this is the best I can work out these days"?

The football department is overseen by Allan Halliday, Director of Football Operations and the manager is facilitated by John Potter, Technical Director and Cameron (Assistant Manager). The Manager, or FIrst Team coach, will work to their job description, as will everyone else. The club is overseen by Barrowman, who is CEO. 

As for Healy, I suspect its gone one of two ways, either he was angling for a new deal, even though he applied for the job and agreed terms or he told his wife, she googled Kirkcaldy and vetoed it. 

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Healy knocking back perennial trophy wins and European football to go to deepest darkest Fife. I'm as baffled as I was when Leven decided to stay at a rejuvenated Aberdeen! 

Can't be long now until you pass our timeframe farce of waiting nearly 5 weeks only to announce Mark Kerr. 

Whats he doing with himself nowadays? 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

I don’t need to prove anything. I am giving you an opinion on what I see from the outside looking in. Barrowman and Potter run the place like they did at Kelty. They just have a bigger train set now and much more scrutiny. They have messed this us. Very few, even Raith fans, can deny it.  

in otherwords your shit stirring and trolling this site.