The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

From what I’m hearing there’s a serious chance we’re losing Stanton. Is he fook injured

These rumours have been doing the rounds for a while, I dunno why he’s wanting to leave but is what it is we hold all the cards as he’s on a 2 year contract so if anyone does want him will have to pay good money for him imo 

7 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

If you've got McGlynn dishing out contracts make sure you don't look straight at that light.

I think, if you care to look at how Falkirk is now being run, you will see that nearly every signing we make has been thought through properly. For example, You signed a 36 year old fullback who would be on decent money to top up his pension, we signed a fullback from the lowland league who will be on buttons in comparison and who has massive sell on value. I think you will find MCGlynn is being managed on the contract front much better than he was ever at Raith however there is no doubt he can spot a player. 

Edited by BPM

1 hour ago, BPM said:

I think, if you care to look at how Falkirk is now being run, you will see that nearly every signing we make has been thought through properly. For example, You signed a 36 year old fullback who would be on decent money to top up his pension, we signed a fullback from the lowland league who will be on buttons in comparison and who has massive sell on value. I think you will find MCGlynn is being managed on the contract front much better than he was ever at Raith however there is no doubt he can spot a player. 

We also had the head of a global accountancy firm as chairman. Blaming McGlynn for the contracts is bomkers, his job was to pick players who would improve the team, it's the boards job to balance the books.

7 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

somewhere i read in an artucle on that he said healy would be a fool not to accept the job and that he would jump at the oppor5unity

I guarantee there's no such article. 

Looking at Clancy's record, it's a definite no from me. 

He lost almost as many games as he won while manager of St Patrick's  Athletic, one of the biggest clubs in the country. 

I think a blind monkey could get Cork to win that league they're in so that's completely irrelevant. 

11 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I can't really put my finger on it, but something doesn't sit right with me when I hear Barrowman speak. 

He's a massive p***k. 

7 hours ago, Kooz92 said:

You are incorrect, he is not a Pars fan.

Aye, McKenzie was a Rangers fan. 

Just now, Varna Rover said:

it wasin the irish times ithink but yet another of your idiotic posts. i wonder who you heard sy that

So while he's on the verge of winning promotion with his current club he's publicly pimping himself out for other jobs?

Another reason to steer clear of him. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So while he's on the verge of winning promotion with his current club he's publicly pimping himself out for other jobs?

Another reason to steer clear of him. 

thank god your not on our board, go away little man

6 hours ago, MICMAC said:

Not poking fun, stating the obvious, they're the only full-time club in the League, 2nd placed team is the university team.

Remember when we appointed Bobby Wilson after he won the Highland League three years in a row with Keith?

Clancy feels similar.

44 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Remember when we appointed Bobby Wilson after he won the Highland League three years in a row with Keith?

Clancy feels similar.

except Clancy has all the coaching badges include eufa pro the highest available. and if you dont belive me google it like i did

8 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Varna my man.

I see you’ve been a member here for 10 years. It appears 800 of your 837 posts have come in the last 3 weeks.

Just checking, are you ok?

a total exageration from you give it a rest and get your self well in the process

8 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

These rumours have been doing the rounds for a while, I dunno why he’s wanting to leave but is what it is we hold all the cards as he’s on a 2 year contract so if anyone does want him will have to pay good money for him imo 

Regardless of getting a fee or not this is far from a strong position to be in. The best midfielder at the club, last years player of the season will in all likelihood go to another team in this league. 

Which will weaken our squad and strengthen theirs. 

Now it might have nothing to do with the current circus taking place and is just one of those things. 

However a model pro like that saying they want out is very ungood for whatever morale is left in the dressing room. 

11 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Regardless of getting a fee or not this is far from a strong position to be in. The best midfielder at the club, last years player of the season will in all likelihood go to another team in this league. 

Which will weaken our squad and strengthen theirs. 

Now it might have nothing to do with the current circus taking place and is just one of those things. 

However a model pro like that saying they want out is very ungood for whatever morale is left in the dressing room. 

Completely agree.

TBF, the reason is a bizarre one if true but what he brings to the team when he’s on it is irreplaceable for us. And as you said would directly improve a rival.

He lives in Dunfermline AFAIK.

It shows how quickly things can change in football. Those shouting for it being fine and it taking as long as it needs to get a manager in are wrong imo.

We need a competent replacement in this week and a couple of wins to get some feel good factor back in. Critical couple of weeks for the club imo