The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, DITSOR said:

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse...

Beginning to think this board are out of their depth and the ship is sinking fast.

What a lot of shite they have done a great job so far.

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Not out their depth just made a bad decision at the wrong time

Remains to be seen whether it's a bad decision or not.

I'm maybe/probably in the minority, but I'm more concerned about the squad than I am the manager situation. 

We'll presumably have a manager soon, but I'm less confident that we'll have a better right back than last season or better forward options, which really needed to be a priority based on the second half of last term. 

6 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Apparently we are interested in signing Korede Yemi Adedoyin. Formerly of Accrington Stanley. 

Seen that on Twitter, not sure how reliable the person who put it up is though. If it's the same Tweet apparently Partick interested as well. Not played a game since March apparently....

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'm maybe/probably in the minority, but I'm more concerned about the squad than I am the manager situation. 

We'll presumably have a manager soon, but I'm less confident that we'll have a better right back than last season or better forward options, which really needed to be a priority based on the second half of last term. 

Yeah that's very true, Potter and Mickey are more than capable in the short term to see us through, fingers crossed for some new bodies in before friday midnight

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Seen that on Twitter, not sure how reliable the person who put it up is though. If it's the same Tweet apparently Partick interested as well. Not played a game since March apparently....

Was on loan at Hamilton a couple of seasons ago

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Not out their depth just made a bad decision at the wrong time

A decision that would appear to have destabilised the entire club, one that a more experienced board would not have made?

It's not really just a "bad decision" either... It's the lack of properly thought out strategy on the back of it. Having a shortlist of potential new managers that you haven't even sounded out about it is not a plan, it's naïve in the extreme.

Now what you have is no manager, an off-form, unfit team, unsettled players and a divided fan base. 

No one with any credibility was suggesting that Murray should be replaced. Far too much revisionism going on in an attempt to justify the boards decision. 

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Was on loan at Hamilton a couple of seasons ago

Aye, not sure how accurate Wiki is but it's saying he played 0 games for them. 

11 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

What a lot of shite they have done a great job so far.

Remains to be seen whether it's a bad decision or not.

Have they really? Or have they just picked at the low hanging fruit? They've picked up a club with run down facilities that was being run inefficiently by a bunch of dinosaurs. They've stuck a bit of money in to improve infrastructure, moved on players that needed to be moved on and improved a poor squad.

They have managed to reengage well with the community through great Comms but then they've brought in experience to do so and building from a very low base. Now they've tried to take a further step and it's went very wrong and the buck for the fallout sits firmly with them. 

It's an unpopular opinion but maybe take a step back and think about it. 

19 minutes ago, DITSOR said:

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse...

Beginning to think this board are out of their depth and the ship is sinking fast.

Sounds like someone with a personal interest wronged by the club? Reveal yourself....

2 minutes ago, DITSOR said:

A decision that would appear to have destabilised the entire club, one that a more experienced board would not have made?

It's not really just a "bad decision" either... It's the lack of properly thought out strategy on the back of it. Having a shortlist of potential new managers that you haven't even sounded out about it is not a plan, it's naïve in the extreme.

Now what you have is no manager, an off-form, unfit team, unsettled players and a divided fan base. 

No one with any credibility was suggesting that Murray should be replaced. Far too much revisionism going on in an attempt to justify the boards decision. 

To be fair Barrowman said in his 20 minute interview time will tell if it's a bad decision or not, it's certainly looking that way unfortunately. I think there's an air arrogance amongst the board that they can sack a manager so abruptly and just expect we can waltz up to anyone thinking they'll come in no questions asked. They've obviously had an idea on what type of person they would like but maybe not a set out in stone shortlist. Sounding out a new manager when someone is still in post unaware that they are on borrowed time also doesn't sit well with me but suspecting it probably happens often.

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

To be fair Barrowman said in his 20 minute interview time will tell if it's a bad decision or not, it's certainly looking that way unfortunately. I think there's an air arrogance amongst the board that they can sack a manager so abruptly and just expect we can waltz up to anyone thinking they'll come in no questions asked. They've obviously had an idea on what type of person they would like but maybe not a set out in stone shortlist. Sounding out a new manager when someone is still in post unaware that they are on borrowed time also doesn't sit well with me but suspecting it probably happens often.

Arrogance is exactly what it is. 

I also think that time has already proven that it's a bad decision for the reasons I mentioned before. This has not gone how the board has intended and we look likely to end up with a poorer manager than we started out with, or a high-risk choice, for no justifiable reason (unless there is a very unexpected left-field appointment)

All we needed to do this summer was to strengthen the squad in certain areas but now it seems to be completely broken.

4 minutes ago, DITSOR said:

Arrogance is exactly what it is. 

I also think that time has already proven that it's a bad decision for the reasons I mentioned before. This has not gone how the board has intended and we look likely to end up with a poorer manager than we started out with, or a high-risk choice, for no justifiable reason (unless there is a very unexpected left-field appointment)

All we needed to do this summer was to strengthen the squad in certain areas but now it seems to be completely broken.

All we needed to do was show some improvement from the fragility of last season's 2nd half, or beat Airdrie for a change, and could manage neither. We were churning in neutral.