The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, renton said:

Maybe he's meant to be, but isn't very good at it?

In all seriousness, I don't think he has done much wrong either way in the time he's had, on the other hand - in a side that a lot of folk have suggested is screaming out for pace and width, a player who is seemingly quite passive in the final third (and who doesnt come with even the same good crossing ability Millen showed) might not be ideal.

His primary utility, presently is that he frees up Stevenson to play on his stronger side, but that is something Matthews can do once Byrne and Brown are available in midfield. Anyone seriously think Freeman get's a game in front of Matthews at right back?

Given he’s missed the last month or two with a foot issue, it’s also not unreasonable to consider he may have been less than 100% before that. Also, Matthews is not a RB, at best he’s an ersatz RWB or just another Rover DM out of position. He’s done well, as Brown did last season, but they’re both “break the glass in an emergency” type choices, IMO.

6 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

You're right. I forget Freeman was also with us for the last season and part of the same "results and performances" that led to Murray's sacking. The boy's barely had a game and because some people can't understand that he's not an all out attacking fullback (which we don't need on both sides) then he should be replaced. Its a bizarre yet entirely par for the course mentality.

Freeman wasn't with us last season. Didn't sign until 24th June 24

15 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Sarcasm is one of those things that doesn't translate well by text.

I never knew that.

😀 needs an emoji with it I think. 

Anyway, the point was, suggesting we write any player off this early is banal and ludicrous 

7 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

@Roath Raver Alright big sexy before I set my alarm for mental o’clock tomorrow ya reckon RaithTV will have video for international? I know we didn’t for the league game.

😂

No video at Ayr unfortunately. Audio only.

These things are all permitted at club level so can’t really give specifics. When we don’t video stream away, it can be for different reasons, but RaithTV nearly always have the ability to put out something if allowed when permitted.

We have access to film for highlights, so will have a package out as soon as we can barring any unforeseen technical difficulties.

EDIT: Forgot it was a cup game outside of the blocked hours. It is within Ayr’s right to sell a PPV for today, but not sure if they are or not. Maybe worth having a look on their socials or website.

Edited by Roath Raver