The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

This is another problem - discipline. Both those red cards were avoidable. Yes, the opponent was in and we were in all likelihood about to go 1-0 down, but at least there would 11 men on the park to try and claw it back. Down to 10 and things become far more difficult. 

There's the twist. It was Chris Kane who was through. The ball was more likely to be out for a goal kick than end up nestling in the net.

16 hours ago, pub car king said:

The handbags last night was the only highlight for me. It showed at least there's a bit of fight and spirit still in there. 

Yea unfortunately the players aren’t showing any kind of fight on the park. The hangover from being utterly destroyed by Ross County in the play off final looms large in the heads of the players. Also their devotion to Ian Murray shows too. If Stanton wants to leave, then leave. Collins needs to kick some serious arse to get out of this defeatist funk. 

We've been told for weeks that money is available, players are being considered. I know they will have to have waited until a manager is appointed, however, whoever comes in hopefully this week are Kyle Turner standard rather than Kyle Connell. We don't need 19 year olds we need proven Championship players if not a slightly higher standard. 

Right, well let’s sort this all out.

I just used the Club 1883 private phone number and checked with Neill. Sam’s injured (but neither he nor Broonie are happy riding the pine for these matches), loans are starting to get discussed as the Premiership teams have had a month now to look at players, our squad is too small and it’s very difficult to draw any conclusions from a couple of matches played mostly with 10 players. He also said he’d stick a coded message under my seat for the Falkirk match, so i’ll give you an update then.

Now, who else is in the know?

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Right, well let’s sort this all out.

I just used the Club 1883 private phone number and checked with Neill. Sam’s injured (but neither he nor Broonie are happy riding the pine for these matches), loans are starting to get discussed as the Premiership teams have had a month now to look at players, our squad is too small and it’s very difficult to draw any conclusions from a couple of matches played mostly with 10 players. He also said he’d stick a coded message under my seat for the Falkirk match, so i’ll give you an update then.

Now, who else is in the know?

I seen vaughan in livingston on crutches today*

*Only one of these things is true. 

There will be 17 games left after the transfer window re-opens, I just hope we ain't sailing to close to the edge by that time and at least have a good few points on the board, its Sunday and I still cant believe why we put that sickening performance in on Friday night

I just had a blether with mickey Cameron in a pub in Glasgow (off to see texas).  He said the daft rumours flying around are laughable, and broony should be back soon, and a waiting game with stanton. Hopefully a couple of additions coming very soon.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

I just had a blether with mickey Cameron in a pub in Glasgow (off to see texas).  He said the daft rumours flying around are laughable, and broony should be back soon, and a waiting game with stanton. Hopefully a couple of additions coming very soon.

A waiting game as in Stantons injury,  or a waiting game for the window opening 😂😂😂😂😂 sorry couldn't resist 

The first half showing against Ayr in the cup proves we're not a shit side, nor do we have shit players. A dubious penalty and 2 individual mistakes done us in the 2nd half. We were the better side against Livi but another individual mistake cost us. 

The big problem I see is that there's no one in the midfield willing to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drive forward. Get the ball and pass it back until we get closed down and then it's a punt up the park to two centre half's. The Pars had us sussed from the off on Friday, they pressed and doubled up every time one of our players got the ball and we panicked.

20 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Philpy is the worst nightmare for folk desperate to cause drama. 

It all makes sense now Stanton buying Swedish flat pack, Mickey going to see a band with an American name, the 352 that's useless. 

Screenshot_20240915_171338_Chrome.jpg

Edited by pub car king

32 minutes ago, pub car king said:

It all makes sense now Stanton buying Swedish flat pack, Mickey going to see a band with an American name, the 352 that's useless. 

Screenshot_20240915_171338_Chrome.jpg

Of course, Sam was loading the flatpack shelves, they slipped and bashed his foot…they’d why he’s out. So we’re negotiating with IKEA on a settlement of an undisclosed Swedish player for the next three months, just so we won’t file a lawsuit on them…wait, damn, that’s the U.S. approach.

I'm not sure I trust those at the club to go out and sign new players, our record in signing defenders is awful, maybe Hanlon and Fordyce will eventually work out but both are the wrong side of 30, Murray has a red card in him about 1 game in 5, Freeman is questionable, I remember when Dicko was our chief suspect as our poorest defender, now he's one of, if not the best. Stevenson may have bags of experience but that comes with many miles on the clock, defensively he looks lost he's absolutely no use in front of a back three.

Midfield we go left, right or backwards, no confidence to go forward. I think signing Byrne was a mistake too, where has the player we had on loan at the start of last season gone? He's not kicked a ball for us since before Christmas. Add Mullin to the list of oap suspects too.

None of the strikers have been much cop, Rudden was a duffer, Hamilton is a bit suspect and the new lad from St Mirren hasn't set the heather on fire. Smith is ok but Vaughan is still our best asset.

All good and well putting up cladding and led screens, and upgrading the board room and dressing rooms, meanwhile the inhabitants of the dressing room self implode. Maybe Barrowman is the Scottish version of Emperor Nero.

We don't have the players to play 352 on a regular basis. I hope I'm wrong but it seems like that is how we're going to be playing now. What I seen on Friday tactically was brutal. The players had no idea what they should be doing. They are also quite clearly not playing with the same freedom or belief they had this time last season. You can point at Murray getting sent off but we where second best before then and nothing looked right about how we where trying to play. That is not a good dunfermline team but they made us look amateur. Even in the Ayr game, Brown got them in at half time and made changes that we weren't able to react to. I'm not pointing fingers yet because it is very early but I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far under Collins. I reckon Hamilton is must win for a multitude of reasons. 

On 15/09/2024 at 19:20, Scottydog said:

I'm not sure I trust those at the club to go out and sign new players, our record in signing defenders is awful, maybe Hanlon and Fordyce will eventually work out but both are the wrong side of 30, Murray has a red card in him about 1 game in 5, Freeman is questionable, I remember when Dicko was our chief suspect as our poorest defender, now he's one of, if not the best. Stevenson may have bags of experience but that comes with many miles on the clock, defensively he looks lost he's absolutely no use in front of a back three.

Midfield we go left, right or backwards, no confidence to go forward. I think signing Byrne was a mistake too, where has the player we had on loan at the start of last season gone? He's not kicked a ball for us since before Christmas. Add Mullin to the list of oap suspects too.

None of the strikers have been much cop, Rudden was a duffer, Hamilton is a bit suspect and the new lad from St Mirren hasn't set the heather on fire. Smith is ok but Vaughan is still our best asset.

All good and well putting up cladding and led screens, and upgrading the board room and dressing rooms, meanwhile the inhabitants of the dressing room self implode. Maybe Barrowman is the Scottish version of Emperor Nero.

Did you trust previous boards when your pal was involved?Dont get this two players the wrong side of 30,ffs do you put players that age out to grass?

Our new board have been a breath of fresh air in comparison to previous boards and I,m going back many many years

Edited by Rovers_Lad

How much money do you think Murray was contractually entitled to recieve when he was sacked? Is there ballpark figures known for this sort of thing in the championship or just guess work. It clearly wasn't a high enough figure to trouble the board / affect cash flow in this case anyway.

It's probably a safe assumption that Collins would be entitled to more if he was theoretically sacked 6 or 7 months into this contract. I imagine it is pretty favourable to him after initially turning down the job, wanting security for having to move his family etc and the contract term bring 3 years? Would it be £100k? More? A lot more?

Can't even be arsed talking about Friday, been off socials and here all weekend.  It is utterly depressing how much of a regression there has been since even the County games.  At this moment in time I really struggle to see how our situation would be worse with Ian Murray, bearing in mind we wouldn't have disrupted the whole squad building over meaningless cup games.

One thing about the board, this LinkedIn pish needs to stop.  Read the room with that tour of Starks video on Friday morning, I'm all for transparency and get how important the commercial side is but any club in the country would rightly get bantered for it.  

I realise football has changed a fair bit in 30 years or so, but Dave Narey (best player I've seen in a Rovers jersey) was 38 years old and MoTM in the CC final in 94 and one of the main reasons we were promoted that season.

The same team had a midfielder as a fixture in a back three (Davie Sinclair) and a left winger (Julian Broddle) at wing back.

We doubled down on this the following season interchanging two midfielders (Davie Kirkwood and Alex Taylor) as right back to achieve our highest league finish in modern times.

I think the reality is we are not as good as we think we are, there is a complete lack of physicality coupled with an imbalance in the squad make-up.

Maybe we have been over reliant on the results of GPS sports trackers to recruit, just a strong suspicion rather than being itk.