The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cardle to Ross County on the Bbc website. Ooft. Rats deserting a sinking ship

Good to see the Cowden fans are back after a wee sabbatical following their predictions we were fucked and would finish 9th.

While we've lost Baird and Cardle, we've made an excellent signing in the form of the center back/fashionista Craig Barr. We also re-signed Moon who was fantastic for us last season. Thomson, Elliot and Callachan have all extended their contracts which is at least positive. We now need Liam Fox to replicate his form from the start of the season too.

While Baird and Cardle were important, Stewart and Hemmings were far more vital to Cowden. You might want to consider that.

Cardle to Ross County on the Bbc website. Ooft. Rats deserting a sinking ship

With Stewart and Hemmings gone, I'd have thought you'd be more worried about the water ingress into your own rodent free boat.

What I don't get is that 3 players have left and 1 signed a new deal and theres still nothing from the club on the OS...

The other two are on pre-contracts as their deals will expire 1st June. Callachan only re-signed yesterday so they'll be waiting for clearance from the SFA. Might also want to announce it with others and are tying up others on that front.

I'd like to have kept both of them, but I stopped getting worked up about players coming and going after Craig Brewster changed his mind umpteen times about 20 years ago.

Interesting point about Graham and Elliot both playing poorer alongside Baird. Might be a coincidence but could also be a valid point. Our best period last season was before he joined, so as much as it's a pity, he can certainly be replaced.

As for Cardle, I got the impression by his tweets just before, and after the last league game that he was on his way, so I doubt it's a surprise to the management team. Because of that, I'm presuming they've had a list of replacements drawn up for a while. (I hope)

They may have been consolations, but our goal difference would have been much worse if we had lost to Hamilton, Falkirk etc 4-0 instead of 4-2. So in some ways, those goals were kind of important.

That would be true, except goal difference didn't keep us up, points did.

We really need to get Hill and Watson signed up now.

I imagine we are going to need a couple of new strikers, not just to replace Baird as I don't think either Spence or Smith will be kept - just going on how management used them and the things that Spence was saying about first team football etc.

My wish list would be now:

Get McGurn, Watson, Hill and Anderson re-signed.

new left back + 1 guy for full back cover.

Another central midfielder.

A left winger + 1 for cover out wide.

2 new strikers.

Ideally giving us 3 guys for every two berths.

That would be true, except goal difference didn't keep us up, points did.

In the end it did, but it could have been different...clutching at straws yes, but still a valid enough point. I would have been dreading going into The Cowden game, with them say only a couple of goals behind us..

The "f**k it, I'm not bothered" approach is concerning. I appear to be in the minority of County fans on the County forum by thinking Cardle isn't a good signing.

Cardle's best games were against better opposition (if you could class Hibs as that :)) so he may turn out not bad. He's a creative player but he always goes the same way and I think was found out at this level. Not sure he's good enough for Premiership level but he's a decent enough signing.

He was a major part of a Rovers squad that stayed in the Championship by 2 points. For that reason, I'm not overly fussed that he, or any others, have gone.

Brian Graham back on loan would do, spent more time on the bench than on the park last season. Utd will strengthen and "hoping" we get the chance to get him back. Again HOPING

I was thinking that myself. Might be worth an enquiry.

Right who's next in the "he's pish, can't believe you guys have signed him" category.

We've already had Tade and Graham. Come on Murray. It's your time to sign some sort of no hoper turned Hero!

We played York City in 2001 at Stark's. Not certain but I think we won 2-1. Maybe someone can confirm/correct?

Thought it was 2-0 but age catching up. That was the night Nacho Novo ripped our defence apart for speed.