The New Raith Rovers Thread

I dont blame anyone for moving on. If they have the ability to play for a better team, they should do that. We are likely to be fighting towards the lower end of the table next season anyway.

Guys like Watson, Cardle, Baird shouldnt be playing for survival in this league. We really need to act in this window though, we have lost two of our few attacking threats.

Wasnt originally fussed about Cardle, but I presumed we would be keeping him or Baird if not both.

Bit of a kick in the stones, but not surprising. Makes you wonder if we could have kept a hold of these guys if our form was better towards the end of the season.

If cardle is off to the SPL it seems unlikly he'd hang around regardless of our form. Baird is more possible but our great form in 10/11 amd being in the middle of his contract didnt stop him wanting to go.

Surely no one believes what footballers say anymore? Just because someone says he'd love to stay with us 100% or kisses the badge when the reality of contract talks kick in then all that is out of the window. I'm not criticising players for that. It's a short, not that well paid, unpredictable career at this level so if good offers come in then they would be daft to not take them

I'm genuinely not that bothered about losing Joe, Joe, Average Joe. Incredibly frustrating player who failed to deliver most games. I'd rather hold on to Anderson.

Didn't Cardle say he'd sign for us '100 per cent' for the coming season and how he loved it here, great fans, great dressing room? Taking lessons from Baird with such badge-kissing pish.

Yep. Giving it lines about repaying the club and the fans for being so good to him after what happened at Dunfermline.

I don't blame him at all for moving to the SPL but why say that when you don't mean it?

Footballers will always want to keep their options open.

What worries me is where we go from here. I have this horrible feeling we will be starting this season with Spence and or Smith, given the fact the manager signed Fox again. (Fox!!!)

What worries me is where we go from here. I have this horrible feeling we will be starting this season with Spence and or Smith, given the fact the manager signed Fox again. (Fox!!!)

Aye and replace the goals with rugby posts, because most if the shots on goal from Spence, Elliot and Smith were ballooned over the bar or straight to a keeper. This fud of a manager better get his finger out. It was a good marketing ploy by the board saying the manager would have a bigger budget, but we couldn't hold on to our "better" players. A bit fishy if you ask me.

But best of luck to Baird and Cardle though.

Surely no one believes what footballers say anymore? Just because someone says he'd love to stay with us 100% or kisses the badge when the reality of contract talks kick in then all that is out of the window. I'm not criticising players for that. It's a short, not that well paid, unpredictable career at this level so if good offers come in then they would be daft to not take them

I'm genuinely not that bothered about losing Joe, Joe, Average Joe. Incredibly frustrating player who failed to deliver most games. I'd rather hold on to Anderson.

Someone on here used to have the signature: Never trust the badge kissers.

Very true.

After last season, I'm really not fussed who leaves, excluding McGurn. If he left I would be bothered. Murray did well enough with his pre-season signings last year. That seemed a definite strength for him.

Aye and replace the goals with rugby posts, because most if the shots on goal from Spence, Elliot and Smith were ballooned over the bar or straight to a keeper. This fud of a manager better get his finger out. It was a good marketing ploy by the board saying the manager would have a bigger budget, but we couldn't hold on to our "better" players. A bit fishy if you ask me.

But best of luck to Baird and Cardle though.

We held onto Elliot and Moon, two of our better players - As much as a kick in the baws losing Baird to another championship club was, so long as we held onto those two, I'm ok with it. Far more than Cardle or Baird, Elliot was our main attacking threat last year, and you could see how toothless we started to look when he wasn't in the team - not so much in terms of goals scored but he was the centre of all our attakcing moves. Moon gives us a solid base in midfield to work from, mobile, good in the tackle and recycles the ball better than any midfielder we've had in years.

I'm pretty sure at least one of the two other forwards is going to be away.

Not bothered about Fox re-signing either, so long as we further strengthen in midfield. Fox was pretty good when the season started but never seemed to recover from his injury torubles at christmas time.

It seems the official FB page always goes down after news like this. I love to see the hysteria that builds amongst our fans over something that always had a strong possibility of happening, outrageous!

I'm sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes and there are contingencies in place.

Edited by BorisTheGrizzly

In the same mode of thinking as others. Not fussy if these guys had or hadnt signed.. Baird and cardle were our higher earners, there is plenty of better players released and getting released if be very surprised if murray and co didnt have a list of 20 names all with better qualitites as the players leaving!

Plenty time left for panic! Haha

Bit of a double whammy but that said its probably because we haven't had much signing news ourselves

Plus point is that Cardle was one of our top earners, if the Meggison rumour is true then its a straight swap

We need to remember every team is in the same position so will be a bit of a scramble for players. Lets wait to see who the manager brings in before we start shooting him down for not holding onto players who are out of contract and have other priorities than playing for Raith

Bit of a double whammy but that said its probably because we haven't had much signing news ourselves

Plus point is that Cardle was one of our top earners, if the Meggison rumour is true then its a straight swap

We need to remember every team is in the same position so will be a bit of a scramble for players. Lets wait to see who the manager brings in before we start shooting him down for not holding onto players who are out of contract and have other priorities than playing for Raith

Big plus point is that he's going out of the championship. I don't mind losing good players - I mean, I do but it's inevitable, happens to all the clubs so it's a leveller to an extent - what's annoying about Baird is it directly strengthens a competitor, whereas cardle leaving to County doesn't.