The New Raith Rovers Thread

Murray has his work cut out replacing him though. Hope he casts his net wide and catches the next Nacho Novo or Didier Agathe.

Murray is reminding me of, funnily enough, Jim McIntyre in that he only seems to be signing players that he's heard of. Don't see any left-field signings being made, would guess they'll all be players who have been in and around the Championship.

Exciting.

I take a completely different view to Baird leaving. We signed him once and he left for more money and a chance at the SPL. He proved he couldn't cut it at that level for 2 teams and his career was going absolutely nowhere until we rescued him in January. He has shown absolutely nothing to this club and his decision to go and effectively sign for one of our rivals next season shows all his badge kissing and his cup final celebration was just all for show.

He clearly wanted to sign for the Pars a few seasons ago and has held a slight ill feeling towards us since then. Was told by a reliable source that both himself and our board took a bit of convincing for a contact to be signed in January.

No best wishes from me and nothing against Queens here. But basically Baird is a little twat!

Baird job is a footballer if he can get more money and a longer contract he has to take it surely.

Raith should have offered the same money as he is on at Queens and offered him a 2 year contract.He would still be a Raith player.

Imagine leaving for a better team with better prospects who, from nothing of their own doing, happened to end up in the SPL. How awful!. He was only re-signed by us because we were torture, Callum Elliot was injured and because of the sheer pishness of Spence and Smith.

Can anyone actually blame him for going to Queens? They've gave him a two year deal and didn't only manage to win three of their last twenty (FUCKING TWENTY) league matches last season. They also train in Glasgow so he won't have to travel 100 miles a day just to train.

There may also be some more bad news tomorrow, btw. I don't know if it's just the Baird story being published or someone else leaving, but there will be something in The Courier tomorrow.

Murray is reminding me of, funnily enough, Jim McIntyre in that he only seems to be signing players that he's heard of. Don't see any left-field signings being made, would guess they'll all be players who have been in and around the Championship.

Exciting.

Seems that way so far.

A 'different' signing would give the fans and possibly our attendances a much needed boost.

Here's hoping.

Imagine leaving for a better team with better prospects who, from nothing of their own doing, happened to end up in the SPL. How awful!. He was only re-signed by us because we were torture, Callum Elliot was injured and because of the sheer pishness of Spence and Smith.

Can anyone actually blame him for going to Queens? They've gave him a two year deal and didn't only manage to win three of their last twenty (FUCKING TWENTY) league matches last season. They also train in Glasgow so he won't have to travel 100 miles a day just to train.

There may also be some more bad news tomorrow, btw. I don't know if it's just the Baird story being published or someone else leaving, but there will be something in The Courier tomorrow.

link?

link?

It was a Twitter discussion I had with one of their Sports writers. We were discussing he Baird transfer and he said that it gets worse, he couldn't go into detail on Twitter, but it's in The Courier tomorrow. I'm not sure how to embed Tweets or I'd put it up.

I obviously can't buy the paper being down here, so hopefully it'll be published online. I'm hoping it's just Baird and not someone else leaving.

It was a Twitter discussion I had with one of their Sports writers. We were discussing he Baird transfer and he said that it gets worse, he couldn't go into detail on Twitter, but it's in The Courier tomorrow. I'm not sure how to embed Tweets or I'd put it up.

I obviously can't buy the paper being down here, so hopefully it'll be published online. I'm hoping it's just Baird and not someone else leaving.

Weird if the courier gets an exclusive that doesn't break through the usual PnB, twitter, fantalk channels.

Weird if the courier gets an exclusive that doesn't break through the usual PnB, twitter, fantalk channels.

I'm hoping that points towards more being said about Baird which doesn't paint the club in the best light rather than another key player going elsewhere.

We're signing Iain Davidson?

After today's news, I'm not ready to joke about that yet!

I'm hoping that points towards more being said about Baird which doesn't paint the club in the best light rather than another key player going elsewhere.

After today's news, I'm not ready to joke about that yet!

After the last decade or more, I'm fucking used to that.