The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think he was looking for a better deal but the signing of Barr should see him stay. You never know though.

Understandable. I know fans tend to put the blinkers on when it comes to their own players, but I get the feeling that he could be doing better than ourselves. He's still relatively young and with a bit of experience behind him a move up a league might not be out of the question.

I really can't see us not re-signing Dougie which then begs the question of Watson maybe being offski as neither of those 3 CB (Barr, Dougie, Watson) would ideally want to be a bench warmer for the season.

Most teams in the division are unknown quantities at the moment so we really haven't a clue what the standard will be like with the opposition. For all we known Cowdenbeath might do a Dumbarton next season and we might do a Morton.

Having 3 decent centre halves lets us have the possibility of shaking things up formation wise as well, plus with it being mentioned Barr able to play in midfield tho again we shall need to wait and see who else we bring in

I'm anticipating that Cowden losing Hemmings and Stewart will have a big impact, similarly to Livingston losing Marc McNulty. Obviously each squad will make its own signings so we'll see who we can bring in and who we retain. I'd be worried if we lost Baird or Watson though.

I really can't see us not re-signing Dougie which then begs the question of Watson maybe being offski as neither of those 3 CB (Barr, Dougie, Watson) would ideally want to be a bench warmer for the season.

Most teams in the division are unknown quantities at the moment so we really haven't a clue what the standard will be like with the opposition. For all we known Cowdenbeath might do a Dumbarton next season and we might do a Morton.

Having three senior, capable centre backs is an absolute must.

Baird has today signed for QOS

Genuinely surprised about this, I thought after failed stints at Thistle and Dundee he might actually stay at Raith where he seems guaranteed to score goals. Cracking signing for Queens though.

Take it you guys rated Baird

His return of goals since he arrived in Jan basically kept us up

Carried on from where he left on since his first spell

Yes, in both spells. His goals kept us up and he is without doubt a standout at this level.

Hopefully this doesn't mean we'll keep Smith and Spence. Early days but this has dampened my enthusiasm - no offence to Queens but it's annoying to lose one of our best players to them. It makes me wonder what sort of offers we are putting out.

Then again, I believe you guys train in Glasgow, so that will be a lot more convenient for him.

Bad news for us indeed.