The New Raith Rovers Thread

Linton always seemed a solid enough player against us for Cowdenbeath can't say he ever stuck out in the games against Dumbarton this season. Would be a decent signing if true but don't think he'll be as good as Booth but looks like he might be apart of Butchers plans next season so don't think we'll see him back at Starks Park.

Would prefer McGinn from Dumbarton tbh...has he signed another contract?

No doubt he'll come good and I hope he does, he needs more time playing but we are not in a position to carry folk right now. Hopefully he does an Ellis and comes back in a second spell as an accomplished defender.

Quite true, as we'll be carrying Fox next season, and I hear we're in for Scott Linton, looks like the gaffer is looking more in the way if part timers

It goes without saying that we can't compete with the likes of Dundee if they are indeed in for Cardle. Hopefully we're looking at options though the lack of developments so far has been a little concerning.

Scott Linton would be a bit underwhelming tbh.

Glad we are making early moves for put the squad in place. Fair enough Linton might not be as pacy as Booth but lets be fair Booth is the best left back we have had in some time and Linton will probably still be an improvement over the previous in that role

Yeah? Can't see anything on his twitter that suggests that but I hope you're right.

Sorry, I misunderstood what someone else said, nah there is nothing to suggest he has.

Just read Craig Barrs interview there. Seems to suggest we will have a smaller squad again. Absolute suicude if we do.

What interview?

Welcome to Raith Craig,

But:

Barr revealed he was in the Raith end at Easter Road last month as the Kirkcaldy side lifted the Ramsdens Cup.

“One of my friends at Raith got me a ticket but I’m a Rangers fan, so it was a bit of a catch 22 for me,” he said.

“I actually wanted Raith to win, to be honest, and I was delighted for the boys and manager that they did."

Aye ok then :D

Also he mentions being versatile is good in a "smaller squad", I don't take that to mean we shall have an even smaller squad than we did last season, rather that relative to other clubs we may run with a smaller squad.