The New Raith Rovers Thread

If its not about more cash my bet's on Baird leaving because he sees that Bert will never be capable of organising a team. Not much more than speculation, but a distinct possibility, a bit like the Pat Clark/Dalziel saga. How often did we see Baird having to turn back into midfield because the service was so poor - that would piss any striker off.

Edited by Big Berk

Every team will be spending the Rangers / hearts money this season, might be worthwhile aiming for 8th place and saving the cash for when the big spenders go back up

I think this is pretty much on the money. I saw Ian Murray saying that this season coming their target is just to consolidate and stay in the league, because of the quality that'll be at the top end.

If you offered me 8th place now, looking at the players we've signed and knowing that Baird has gone, I'd take it. We're not to be promoted next season, there's no point spending a fortune, provided we stay in the league.

Not very bloody exciting though, I'll give you that.

maybe it wouldnt be a bad thing if we lost a few, as long as we brought in suitable replacements..... we won 3 from 20 from December - i know we are all quick to blame Murray, but the players contribute to that as well. Maybe some forced changes like this will give us a chance to bring in some good quality replacements and change things up a bit.

Exactly. Baird has gone - get over it folks!!

He's not the only striker in the world, although judging by some folks' reactions, you would think otherwise.

Yup I would of been happy to keep him but he's not exactly Messi, he is a reasonable Championship striker who failed at a higher level nothing more. Yes he scored a few goals and gave us a great day against SEVCO but he was also part of the team that won 3 games in 20 (OK missed the first few games) a few goals hardly makes him irreplaceable. I would be really shocked if we can't find someone else who is on a par with Baird there are other strikers about. Can't see us starting the season with Spence, Elliot and Smith if we did it would prove Murray has no idea what he is doing I doubt he is that clueless. After the run last season virtually none of our team are irreplaceable. Lets see who the board bring in before we start hitting the panic button still early days see who stays and then hopefully Murray can look for players to improve the squad. Baird left once we were fine without him we will be fine again.

Hopefully Baird has as much success at Queens as he did at Dundee and Thistle after leaving us the last time. Will always savour his cup final winner (actually was watching it again last night) but never trust the badge-kissing antics.

I'm not looking for unfaltering loyalty from players as they have a fairly short career but given how we took a chance on him at Airdrie and then a second chance when his career was going nowhere at Thistle after 18 months of failure in the top flight, I'd have thought he would show some loyalty in return. Obviously not. Very much a sideways move for him.

Anyone think this will actually help Calum Elliot? The two didn't seem to click as a pair despite high hopes early on. Elliot looked much better with Spence/Vaughan. Maybe having just the one greetin'-faced striker mumping and moaning up there is the way forward.

Hopefully Baird has as much success at Queens as he did at Dundee and Thistle after leaving us the last time. Will always savour his cup final winner (actually was watching it again last night) but never trust the badge-kissing antics.

I'm not looking for unfaltering loyalty from players as they have a fairly short career but given how we took a chance on him at Airdrie and then a second chance when his career was going nowhere at Thistle after 18 months of failure in the top flight, I'd have thought he would show some loyalty in return. Obviously not. Very much a sideways move for him.

Anyone think this will actually help Calum Elliot? The two didn't seem to click as a pair despite high hopes early on. Elliot looked much better with Spence/Vaughan. Maybe having just the one greetin'-faced striker mumping and moaning up there is the way forward.

100% agree

And yeah I reckon it could help Elliot, Was it his return from injury or the arrival of Baird which caused him to look it of sorts? Also look how good Brian Graham got when he didn't have Baird moaning at him constantly...

Glad to see some sense finally being spoken about Baird. Yeah he was a decent striker for us but hardly a irreplaceable world beater.

When he left the 1st time we gave him the benefit of the doubt that he'd have a better chance of SPL football with Dundee. He failed and his career was going nowhere. We gave him a chance when no one else would.

I've seen chat that the club apparently "meant a lot" to him yet we all know he wanted a move to the Pars in that January transfer window.

It's the story in the Courier. Says he has chosen County over Dundee.

It's looking more and more like we're going to need a total rebuild this summer but after last season that's not a bad thing.

Either way that means hes not at another championship club. Its not great but better than it couldve been.

Cardle was always going to go to the SPL based on his TV performances last season. Someone stupid would buy into the hype. He's very much like Baird in my opinion and will make absolutely no impact at that level. Bets on how long the Ross County thread will turn into folk moaning about him being shite and unable to beat the first man at corners

Wasnt originally fussed about Cardle, but I presumed we would be keeping him or Baird if not both.

Bit of a kick in the stones, but not surprising. Makes you wonder if we could have kept a hold of these guys if our form was better towards the end of the season.