The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wouldn't be totally gutted if we kept Spence but it certainly couldn't be as first-pick. If Smith is gone and Anderson is staying it's great news, Smith wasn't terrible by any means he just didn't do enough. Reminded me of Pat Clarke and he's just been released by East fucking Fife.

Speaking of which, I've a terrible feeling we'll try to sign Liam Buchanan, purely as Murray's heard of him.

Think thats being unfair to murray, his transfers are the one bit he got right this season. Cardle was on about 800 a week at us so im not that bothered hes away. Glad andersons signed on again though, really like him.

Having thought about the departures I'm now firmly in the 'f**k it' camp.

If they want to go, let them.

"Cheerio, thanks for your efforts and good luck at your shiny new club. Now who can we get to adequately replace you."

Put me down for the same camp Andy, thought I would be more bothered than I actually am that Baird and Cardle are away and if whats being said on here so are Spence and Smith (bothered) but in all honesty they were all part of a team that went 3/20 (a shocking record)and I would be more worried if we started the season with the same team than had a clear out. Did any of them really deserve a huge pay rise or long contracts? see who wants to stay and then let Murray bring in some fresh players his signings last season were mostly a decent standard and he has already brought in Barr, been highly critical of Murray but lets see who he brings in there are plenty of players around. If rumours are true he is releasing Spence and Smith he clearly has other players lined up.

Hopefully club can give us some good news soon, really need to have a solid core signed up and then build the squad around that. With the time it's taking, I'm fearing the guys we hope to build around will bugger off.

Finally a bit of good news!

Both have the ability and potential to be brilliant championship strikers, but something's holding them back. It just never worked out for them here..

Wish them both the best in the future.

I disagree. Spence has the ability to be a good Championship striker rather than a great one, whereas Smith will never be better than mediocre.

Spence will forever be hindered by a relatively poor finishing ability, whereas Smith is hindered by being mediocre in most areas of his game - he was a fairly poor signing from the outset.

Think thats being unfair to murray, his transfers are the one bit he got right this season. Cardle was on about 800 a week at us so im not that bothered hes away. Glad andersons signed on again though, really like him.

Not saying he wouldn't be one of the bigger earners but there's no way we pay anyone anything like that amount of money. 600pw maybe.

Hopefully club can give us some good news soon, really need to have a solid core signed up and then build the squad around that. With the time it's taking, I'm fearing the guys we hope to build around will bugger off.

I'm buying my season ticket tomorrow. Would be nice to get some signing news.