The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yes but erics statement in the press definately said he played against us and scored a against us. Under those circumstances, unless ED is throwing red herrings out, it has to be from a friendly game last season.

I am only looking at possibilities. Its ED,s post on fantalk that is causing this. It cannot be a player from scotland under ED,s premise.

The article in the paper said that he'd "impressed" against us, not that he'd scored.

I'm not even entirely convinced that the "exciting" player and the "international clearance required" are the same bloke. I'd be surprised if they were, because it'd have to have been either somebody who was on loan from outside of Scotland, left Scotland after they played us (and are now returning?) or we played a whole host of European games that I missed...

OK fair enough, i cant find where that scoring against us quote came from but i am sure it was said.

Quote...A further exciting new signing has been agreed and only awaits the player’s signature on his return from holiday. Meanwhile, our management team are continuing discussions with other key signing targets with further developments expected in the coming days, ahead of the start of pre season training in 10 days time. Further news, as always, right here on www.raithrovers.net unquote.

But it has to be someone who played against us last season and the only obvious choice is pre season friendlies. All league and cup matches has registered player in scotland so wouldnt need international clearance.

OK fair enough, i cant find where that scoring against us quote came from but i am sure it was said.

Quote...A further exciting new signing has been agreed and only awaits the player’s signature on his return from holiday. Meanwhile, our management team are continuing discussions with other key signing targets with further developments expected in the coming days, ahead of the start of pre season training in 10 days time. Further news, as always, right here on www.raithrovers.net unquote.

But it has to be someone who played against us last season and the only obvious choice is pre season friendlies. All league and cup matches has registered player in scotland so wouldnt need international clearance.

Who said the player who played against us last season and excelled is also the player needing international clearance?

Agree with your saying, but remember Grant Murray is in charge, the most inept manager in the league IMO. We can sign a bunch of superstars and still finish either 7th or 8th.

Reading the article again it says he will sign when returning from holiday and impressed last season. Based on the fact this article was over a week ago I reckon it could actually mean Nade.

Reading the article again it says he will sign when returning from holiday and impressed last season. Based on the fact this article was over a week ago I reckon it could actually mean Nade.

No, the ffp on Thursday after nade had signed stated that 2 signings were due to happen on Friday( a defender and a striker) and one of these players is the "impressive" and "exciting" signing.

Also nade never impressed us last season as he never played against us last season..